Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 11:58 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Notice how he has skipped over two of my posts outing him as having fallen for an April Fool's Day joke, and just skips blithely on as though the whole Occidental thing wasn't A JOKE! Basically what Roy is saying is that yeah, okay, it's not true, but I still want Obama to prove it!

If birthers had more than two brain cells to rub together they might be dangerous. Luckily, this isn't an issue.
Yeah, I think a lot of the posters here think no one notices when they do things like that. Maybe they assume everyone else's reading skills are as weak as theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 12:01 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
DID his enrollment forms at Occidental list his nationality as American or Indonesian?
oldboy, please look at indonesian citizenship requirements.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
how do you know?

no i can't. nor can i prove to you that romney didn't give mexican as his citizenship. what i can prove is obama didn't have indonesian citizenship ( a fact college admissions would have checked ) while romney did have mexican citizenship.

no i don't understand because that runs contradictory to both US and indonesian law regarding indonesian citizenship. nothing lolo soetoro could have done could have affected obama's citizenship. from the US state dept:

"Parents cannot renounce U.S. citizenship on behalf of their minor children. "

Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship

obama was never able to renounce his US citizenship while in indonesia nor was he ever eligible for indonesian citizenship. bold are the points where he failed to meet the requirements for indonesian citizenship:

Indonesian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A foreign citizen can apply to become an Indonesian citizen with the following requirements:

- being the age of 18 years or older, or being married

- when applying, having resided in Indonesian for a minimum of 5 consecutive years or 10 non consecutive years

- physically and mentally healthy

- can speak the Indonesian language and acknowledge Pancasila and Undang-Undang Dasar Negara Republik Indonesia Tahun 1945

- never convicted of a crime for which the punishment is imprisonment for one year or more

- if having Indonesian citizenship will not give the person dual citizenship

- employed or have fixed income

- pay the citizenship fee

yes. 35,14 & NBC.
NBC ??? How about ABC, CBS, CNN and NPR??

I keep wondering about that bit about dual citizenship. I really don't believe that Indonesia has such strict rules concerning citizenship so will do some looking on my own just in case you won't provide all that good information about Obama at Occidental.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Wow, you just dig in whenever you're cornered, huh?!
I will take it that your answer to my question is a resounding NO. Is that right?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
have you looked at the requirements for indonesian citizenship oldboy?
Those that have been posted here would be the only ones but I am going to do some non-media related searching on my own. I sure hope what I find isn't too much different that what is on this thread. That place must be full of natural born people and even fuller of more non-citizens with the requirements I have seen here.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:11 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
I keep wondering about that bit about dual citizenship. I really don't believe that Indonesia has such strict rules concerning citizenship so will do some looking on my own just in case you won't provide all that good information about Obama at Occidental.
Poor Roy, trying to get someone to prove a JOKE. There IS a joke here, but it has nothing to do with Occidental. (Psst: Roy, look in your mirror.)

Old 08-05-2012, 12:12 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
I keep wondering about that bit about dual citizenship. I really don't believe that Indonesia has such strict rules concerning citizenship so will do some looking on my own.....
great, go for it. you'll find that the only circumstance where indonesia allows for dual-citizenship is for minor children of an indonesian national and that's till the age of 18 and was only added to indonesian citizenship laws within the past few years.

i hope when you get a chance to research indonesian citizenship requirements you'll share your findings here. will you?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Notice how he has skipped over two of my posts outing him as having fallen for an April Fool's Day joke, and just skips blithely on as though the whole Occidental thing wasn't A JOKE! Basically what Roy is saying is that yeah, okay, it's not true, but I still want Obama to prove it!

If birthers had more than two brain cells to rub together they might be dangerous. Luckily, this isn't an issue.
That April Fools' joke belongs someplace and you know where to shove it. Do you really think that he didn't get a chance to claim his nation of citizenship at Occidental? I will have to see some proof of what you want to be true and none of you can provide that proof. You can't, can you?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:16 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
That April Fools' joke belongs someplace and you know where to shove it. Do you really think that he didn't get a chance to claim his nation of citizenship at Occidental? I will have to see some proof of what you want to be true and none of you can provide that proof. You can't, can you?
Once again, you want us to prove a JOKE. A JOKE, Roy. So anytime someone tells a joke about Obama now he must prove or disprove it to YOU?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
LOL I don't think presidential transparency is a "trade" system!! Especially considering Obama released 10 years of tax returns already... trade's already been made!
Some more of that prog double standard. It is not Obama's income tax records anyone wants to see but we sure would like to see those enrollment records. I guess you progs think that you decide what will be traded and then head on out.

BTW, do you have any idea how much more paper it would take to list 10 years of a wealthy businessman's income tax records than for those of a politician? That is not very green reasoning, I don't think. Of course, Obama may have had many more deductions as a politician destined to be President some day. I say Pelosi to your Obama tax records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections