Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 05:07 PM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
This thread is your invitation to LIST all those wonderful accomplishments. See the title? "What has he done for us?"

We're waiting.......
I gave you a link in post 4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 07:11 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,988,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
LOL. While giving a million work permits to people in this country illegally while unemployment is thru the roof... And bypassing Congress which had repeatedly voted NO on his amnesty plans. Obama does as he pleases.

Democrats have no room to talk about dear.

Obama has done nothing but sh*t all over the hard working citizens and legal residents all over this country.
Actually those farmers offered to hire legal Americans that were in need of work and no one showed up....

Old 08-05-2012, 07:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,988,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I like how all of you Obama fans like to list his accomplishments such as free healthcare yadda yadda yadda.

But who is paying for it? Is the money falling from the sky?
Who pays for it now when someone without health insurance goes to the emergency room and doesn't have insurance...that's right you do through higher premiums....but I guess you are fine with your health insurance going up by those that don't have health insurance.

Oh and to wonder who pays for everyone having health insurance, the answer is everyone, and everyone should have health insurance in one of the greatest countries.

But your Cons media is gonna keep telling you that's a lie and you should be against it...even though this all started out as a Republican idea (yep, Obamacare is actually a Republican idea, but I bet Fox forgets to mention that.) The Democrats idea is actually socialized health insurance that is available in Canada, the Republicans wanted health insurance to be mandatory and wanted it to stay privatized, which is what Obamacare is, but Republicans don't want you to know that and it looks like they are succeeding.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:59 AM

580 posts, read 447,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama had control of both houses of congress for 2 years. Just over 60% control in the House of Reps and 60 or 59 of the 100 Senators depending on before or after Kennedy's death - with Biden holding the tie breaker and 2 independents that vote like Democrats.

During this time Obama broke many promises and continued down the path of irrational budgets.
You are incorrect...but you probably already know that...

111th United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The senate had a filibuster proof super-majority for only about 5-6 months over President Obama's 1st 2 years.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:25 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,865 posts, read 10,403,983 times
Selling his accomplishments has definitely not been Obama's strong suit, and I'll admit that even as a Dem, I was pretty ignorant until the campaign, of the incredible amount of stuff he's managed to get done. Which is all the more remarkable considering what he inherited from Day One, along with the relentless, almost pathological hostility of his opposition.

Regardless how folks feel about him or his policies, an incompetent, "do-nothing" President he definitely ain't!

Washington Monthly: The Incomplete Greatness of Barack Obama
He’s gotten more done in three years than any president in decades. Too bad the American public still thinks he hasn’t accomplished anything.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:37 AM

4,797 posts, read 3,472,621 times
He hasn't done what a President should do, work for the people of the USA. He has continually blamed everyone but himself for not being able to work with both sides of the house. You cant deny that. You can try, but as a POTUS, he cant even get his own party to accept his Budget, which as POTUS is sad.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:08 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,865 posts, read 10,403,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
He hasn't done what a President should do, work for the people of the USA. He has continually blamed everyone but himself for not being able to work with both sides of the house. You cant deny that. You can try, but as a POTUS, he cant even get his own party to accept his Budget, which as POTUS is sad.
Disagreeing is one thing, but who are you to decide what's "the work for the people of the USA"... 'cuz you sure don't speak for me (or a whole lot of other "people of the USA" either)?!

And what, exactly, is the appropriate way to deal with the kinda folks whose "bargaining" position is "my way or the highway", and who openly admit that their real goal, is for him to "fail"?

Old 08-06-2012, 06:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times
Obama sold us out. What has he done for us?

Kind of a mixed message if coming from a Republican who wants less government intervention in their lives,less government handouts and social programs, What exactly did you want him to do for you?
Bring all the jobs back? the horses have left the barn on that one and they aint coming back.Americans have basically sold their souls and their jobs to China,Asia and Mexico so they can get a toaster for $2 cheaper at Walmart..
Obama sold you out? i think you sold yourselves out and its going to take a long time to get things prosperous again.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:22 AM

4,865 posts, read 5,654,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually those farmers offered to hire legal Americans that were in need of work and no one showed up....
You need to read about H2A visas before you spout such nonsense. It is a good thing to get EDUCATED.

And I doubt those illegal aliens will be working in farms. They will be competing for blue colar jobs. You think now that they are here legally they will work in agriculture making minimum wage? Ha ha ha.

The problem with Obama supporters is that they always have an excuse for the actions of their king. They can never bring common sense into a discussion.

"well but he had to do it! Because Congress wasn't going to". We don't live in a dictatorship in this country and in case you didn't know, we have 3 branches that keep each other from abusing their power. Ever heard of "checks and balances"?

You need to familiarize yourself with Article 2, Section 3 of the Constitution that states the president "shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed". Obama has not done that. He is doing as he pleases. And I feel sorry for his supporters who refuse to see it. Living in denial must be nice.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 08-06-2012 at 07:37 AM..

Old 08-06-2012, 07:27 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,775,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who pays for it now when someone without health insurance goes to the emergency room and doesn't have insurance...that's right you do through higher premiums....but I guess you are fine with your health insurance going up by those that don't have health insurance.

Oh and to wonder who pays for everyone having health insurance, the answer is everyone, and everyone should have health insurance in one of the greatest countries.

But your Cons media is gonna keep telling you that's a lie and you should be against it...even though this all started out as a Republican idea (yep, Obamacare is actually a Republican idea, but I bet Fox forgets to mention that.) The Democrats idea is actually socialized health insurance that is available in Canada, the Republicans wanted health insurance to be mandatory and wanted it to stay privatized, which is what Obamacare is, but Republicans don't want you to know that and it looks like they are succeeding.
They can't accept this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections