Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:34 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times

Advertisements

If they want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 12:56 PM

455 posts, read 771,825 times
Planet Kolob, The Missing Golden Plates, Baptism for the dead, Magic Underwear, Polygamy, False Prophet Joseph Smith — Willard the practiced serial liar as POTUS would be an unmitigated disaster on just about every imaginable level -- I fail to understand how an awkward and completely out-of-touch Mormon like Romney who tithes more to his church than he pays in taxes will ever be able to park his religion at the front door of the Oval office. Romney is a deeply religious Mormon, who has been baptized into this very insular culture, as well as serving as the Bishop and President of his church in MA. Romney, a pillar of his sect had secret responsibilities and duties few Mormons will ever have.

The Mormon Faith is based on a Lies, Deception, Polygamy and a self serving Prophet named Joseph Smith. This Peculiar Faith raises their insular flock of believers to be “clones” of all things Mormon — The LDS Church asks their members who believe in this faith to tithe 10 percent of their earnings to the church. Romney's Mormonism is deeply rooted in a gospel of Joseph Smith's bizarre beliefs that definitely could be a be a rather scary option if Willard ever became President -- Romney should share his Mormon testimony and his "truth" about the Book of Mormon, God, Jesus, John the Baptist and an angel named Moroni all paying numerous visits to a uneducated gold-digging farm boy from Upstate New York who founded this Religion. Perhaps Mitt should share the revelation Convicted Fraud Joseph Smith received directly from God demanding he begin the practice of Plural Marriage and former Bishop Romney should explain how Brigham Young, the second Mormon Prophet was able to father 57 children with 16 different women and was married to 55 wives

Mormonism stands as the most preposterous religion because it can and has been proven to be completely false -- Mormons entered the world teaching that all prior Christianity was corrupt, and an abomination to God. Mormons believe that the Garden of Eden is located in Jackson County Missouri, 5 miles north of Kansas City . The LDS Faith was started by a convicted fraud named Joseph Smith -- Smith practiced polygamy during his ministry, and had 33 wives other than his first wife, Emma Hale, many of these women were married to other men at the time. Smith had numerous affairs with housemaids, and underage girls as young as 14 years old. This is why Mormons like Romney will NEVER bring their religion into a live debate, as the consequences would politically destroy him and the Mormon Church would quickly become a laughingstock on the worlds stage — Mormon Polygamy: the allowance of multiple wives was practiced and strongly defended by the Mormon Church for many years, the Mormon church banned the practice ONLY after Congress pressured and the Supreme Court passed the Edmunds Act, which stated that the Barbaric martial form of polygamy was a felony, punishable by five years of imprisonment and threatened to take away ALL civil rights of Mormons, including depriving them of their citizenship, voting and holding any political office. The fact is, if it wasn’t for the U.S. Government stepping in, Mormons today would continue their Polygamous behavior, just like Warren Jeff’s the "prophet" of the FLDS Mormon Church, Brigham Young and Joseph Smith. Mormonism and its strange beliefs have been treated as a cult throughout the majority of developed nations and Christian Denominations based on huge fundamental differences, and the Mormons very peculiar beliefs.

The Mormon church is attempting to put forth a media-friendly image by putting its Church in the best possible light, ( I'm a Mormon Campaign) while it consistently tries to hide its very bizarre beliefs, along with its racist and polygamous past.

Last edited by Alpha_Dog; 08-06-2012 at 01:23 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 01:00 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
I'm a Christian, and Romney's being a Mormon has very little to do with the fact that I'm not voting for him. In fact, on a list of 1 through 100 of the reasons I won't vote for him, Mormonism is number 101.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I for one believe a good Christian cannot vote for a Mormon with good conscience. Christians owe it to themselves to look into what Mitt Romney believes. If he is elected, Romney will try to push a Mormon agenda on all Americans.

MITT ROMNEY BELIEFS - Disturbing Beliefs of Mitt Romney
I think it is better for Christians to support Christian candidates.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:25 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,348 times
I'm not a christian, but the fact that Mitt has given more money to his church than he paid in taxes to his government bothers me.
Where will his loyaly lie, church or state? During Vietnam, he protested in favor of the war but put his duty to his church above his duty to his country.

Also the Morman church holds women in rather low regard (as well as gays, blacks, etc).

Old 08-06-2012, 01:26 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,471 times
Quote:
I for one believe a good Christian cannot vote for a Mormon with good conscience. Christians owe it to themselves to look into what Mitt Romney believes. If he is elected, Romney will try to push a Mormon agenda on all Americans.

NOBODY should vote for a Mormon High Priest for President. Get curious and study the Mormon oaths, agenda, corporate structure, and beliefs which are based on a false story (by their own admission). Then consider the separation of church and state. Would you want a PRIEST of any religious hierarchy (NOT parishoner, but PRIEST) as POTUS?

I'm all for freedom of religion, so go Mitt and everyone else, as far as being Mormon. More power to ya! I'm behind you all the way, whoever you are and whatever mumbo-jumbo gets you through the night is fine by me as long as you don't try to push it on me- but NOT as Prez where your divided allegiance comes into play. NO!

Start here:

Quote:
Mitt Romney’s religion, Mormonism, which is my former religion, having been a Mormon High Priest, like Mitt still is, is a far bigger issue than most people realize and understand. In our rush to avoid being accused of being bigoted, in America, we have a natural tendency to want to steer clear of this topic. I will be the first to agree that to be arbitrarily dismissive of a man’s candidacy for the office of President, or any office for that matter, on the basis of his religion is definitely bigoted. “Arbitrarily dismissive” is the key phrase here..........

.........I could go on, and get into a discussion of his notion of human rights, as evidenced by his infamous “double Guantanamo” position, and on about the actual conflict of interest that his Priesthood covenants do, in fact, present him with.

Park Romney: What do you REALLY think of Mitt's campaign for the presidency?

Last edited by DifferentDrum; 08-06-2012 at 01:41 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 01:38 PM

455 posts, read 771,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Also the Morman church holds women in rather low regard.

Good Point -- Women do not care for Romney or his policies. Romney's refusal to say whether he would veto or sign into law the Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, giving women the right to equal pay, or calling health care coverage of contraception a violation of conscience tells you a lot about this well funded Phony -- Romney has also promised “to get rid of” Planned Parenthood.

Romney stands by the statements of his Mormon leaders and his churches sacred writings that states, only Mormon men can hold the “priesthood” or rise to leadership positions in the church.

Traditional Christians believe in gender equality. Most Christians believe Mormon theology denigrates women.

Last edited by Alpha_Dog; 08-06-2012 at 02:03 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 02:01 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
A True Christian, would never judge another... Just sayin...

Exactly!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:03 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:

You have posted this before, was once with this bigotry not enough for you? True Christians do not judge others.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:04 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:

It depends on if he believes in the tooth fairy too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections