Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:55 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,259,694 times

Advertisements

Dick Morris has a horrible track record. I distinctly remember him making a bunch of wild predictions during 2008 (both about the primaries and the general). Almost none of them came true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,046,776 times
Wait, this is the same guy who thinks Romney has a chance in New Jersey. Yeah, he has zero credibility. Even the most political partisan should be able to recognize that some states just go blue or red and it takes an extremely dynamic politician to change that. Romney isn't that candidate.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:15 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,119,897 times
Morris is not only wrong in his prediction, he is a moron for making the wild assertion that Pres. Obama could lose New Jersey. That's like saying Pres. Obama can win Georgia and we know that won't happen. Yikes, how ignorant can Morris be.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:41 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Anything Morris says will irrelevant to the outcome. You Obama haters won't hear anything to change your hate. And nothing Morris says is going to have any credibility with the rational segment of America's electorate. He's fodder for Newsmax these days.

He and Glen Beck are probably big buds.
Haters no, simply don't like incompetetent people serving as a President. We need results and solutions, noot people who blame others...not leadership at all.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:43 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
OK, back to the subject at hand. Morris says Romney is gaining momentum.

That's a really DUMB statement after the past week.

Even for a sleeze like Morris.

But all you Obamaphobes can feel good about him saying it.
GUess your one of those folks who don't take the time to review how polls are conducted or any of the important details..most of the polls to date are pretty poor on quality...

Old 08-07-2012, 01:24 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I bet you just loved Mr. Morris at the time he was sucking hookers toes...right?
Friendly advice: don't play poker and stay away from Vegas.

Quote:
Now that he has shed a light on the extreme left you don't like him and think of him as a naughty boy...right? I think we can take sex off the menu as far as tools for political warfare now. Men in power.....well they are simply men in power. I like him and his wife forgave him,,,,,good enough for me. Cant find any Saints in the democratic party and damn few in the republican party for that matter. Besides....Barney Frank got a pass for running young boys out of his apartment......just sayin.

huh?

Old 08-07-2012, 01:26 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
GUess your one of those folks who don't take the time to review how polls are conducted or any of the important details..most of the polls to date are pretty poor on quality...
Guess you're one of those folks who just makes things up and throws it out in a post on a political forum.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:51 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,745,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
I'm sure you agree that this secret poll(that no one has seen) by dick morris is accurate huh?

Old 08-07-2012, 01:53 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
The Real Poll Numbers at DickMorris.com

The Real Poll Numbers

By Dick Morris on August 6, 2012
The media is trying to create a sense of momentum and of inevitability about the Obama candidacy. One benighted Newsweek reporter even speculated about a possible Democratic landslide.
On Friday, I saw the real numbers. These state-by-state polls, taken by an organization I trust (after forty years of polling) show the real story. The tally is based on more than 600 likely voter interviews in each swing state within the past eight days.
The trend line is distinctly pro-Romney. Of the thirteen states studied, he improved or Obama slipped in nine states while the reverse happened in only four. To read the media, one would think that Romney had a terrible month. In fact, the exact reverse is true.
Romney is currently leading in every state McCain carried plus: Indiana, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Nevada, North Carolina, and Colorado. If he carries these states, he’ll have 228 electoral votes of the 270 he needs to win.
I've always thought Nevada and Colorado aren't as blue as the media has made them out to be but Romney ahead? I need to see some data points.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,615 times
The one thing you can always count on Dick Morris to do is be wrong with just about any of this predictions.

I remember listening to him on the radio claiming that Palin's selection as VP was going to lead to a landslide victory of epic proportions for McCain.

Morris makes his living as part of the right wing echo chamber. He tells righties what they want to hear and in return they listen to him on TV and radio and buy his books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections