Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 02:16 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times

Advertisements

Of course Liberals also cannot fathom that companies like Bain are successful NOT because they close companys down, but BECAUSE they have a good track record of turning things around!

If they sucked at that, no one would turn to them for their help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
You are wrong now, and you will be wrong then. But you're a birther, so what else could I expect?
Ahhhhhh...another Lib who's inability to debate a topic is proven through weak attempts to attack the messenger of bad news for Obama.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
There goes that child like behavior again, you accuse me of insulting you. But when you find it difficult to provide any factual basis for what is NOT in the memo your resort to your own insult. But no biggie, the memo is clear and Romney agreed in 2005. The power will go to the States to structure their own rules and policies to concerning Welfare.

I find it amusing that you won't answer my simple question of how old I am

My only insult would be that you'd have to have been born yesterday to believe what you say you do.

I showed how Obama subverted the intent of the law.....can you argue that?

Of course you can't...it's all right there!

So then the question is WHY?

Gee...that's a tough one isn't it? He's never MENTIONED wanting to do that in any campaign speeches. He's never even TALKED about doing it anywhere. But, just prior to an election where he will need as many of the welfare votes as he can get, he sneaks a way to get rid of the work requirment for those people!

What a COINCIDENCE isn't it? Do you believe in coincidences? I don't.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:27 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
I find it amusing that you won't answer my simple question of how old I am

My only insult would be that you'd have to have been born yesterday to believe what you say you do.

I showed how Obama subverted the intent of the law.....can you argue that?

Of course you can't...it's all right there!

So then the question is WHY?

Gee...that's a tough one isn't it? He's never MENTIONED wanting to do that in any campaign speeches. He's never even TALKED about doing it anywhere. But, just prior to an election where he will need as many of the welfare votes as he can get, he sneaks a way to get rid of the work requirment for those people!

What a COINCIDENCE isn't it? Do you believe in coincidences? I don't.

So let me understand this. By giving powers to the States to create their own rules as it pertains to Welfare...Giving Republican Governors and Republican Legislatures the power to mandate their States Welfare rules is a Politica Ploy to help out Obama??? Wow...

Again, YOU DID NOT READ THE MEMO...No where in the Memo did it state that the work requirement mandate was waved. Thanks for admitting you have no idea what your talking about.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:55 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Burton is about to come on CNN, I still haven't seen the Ad today, has anybody else?

Old 08-08-2012, 04:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Ha ha, you can deflect all you want.

You are what is wrong with American politics. You and Zimar are fine with an egregious lie, even though you know it is a lie, because it helps Obama.

Florida.bob is to be commended for being honest and having a backbone.

More people on both sides need to be like Florida.bob.
I'd agree in this case. The Soptic ad amounts to fraud on behalf of the PAC presenting the accusations. So, Obama can publicly denounce the ad or we'll know who he appreciates as associates, and by extension his supporters.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/0...im-in-two-ads/

Thanks Florida.bob for the post.

Last edited by Willsson; 08-08-2012 at 05:36 PM..

Old 08-08-2012, 04:21 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh? Can you provide evidence that Rove ever lied/smeared like this?
Rove never did, but if the lefttards aren't blaming Rove, they're blaming the Koch brothers. It's all about blame to them, even when those they're blaming were nowhere near the situation.

It's just how they are.

And they wonder why nobody pays any attention to them.

The Five played an audio today with proof that the ad came about after discussions directly with some woman in the WH administration. Their attempt to distance themselves because it was a PAC has failed. Sorry, I can't name the bimbo because 1) I'm not familiar with the freaks that surround obama, and 2) I don't care.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:39 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Sorry, I don't understand what 'line' has been crossed here... or do you think Burton is lying? Why does it bother you to hear someone actually speaking up and putting a face on the genuine human costs of Romney's so-called "business ability"?

BTW, I've had cancer (and recovered), and there is no doubt in my mind that I would not be here today if I hadn't had proper health insurance!
  1. The wife had her own insurance.
  2. Romney was long gone from Bain when this occured, therefore had noting to do with this.
  3. The wife died 5 years after GST Steel went bankrupt
  4. Obama administration played a role in Delphi employee's loss of Pensions.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:40 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Bain bought companies in trouble. They didn't need to load the company with debt.
Agreed, but that's what they did. $125 million dollars in the first year of ownership, 61.2 million of which was handed directly to the stockholders, Bain of course being first in line.

I have no problem with people turning ailing companies around, and taking out loans can certainly be a necessary part of that. But if you get a controlling interest in a company, use that control to take out loans and instantly allocate the funds for dividends for yourself - then you're not acting in the company's best interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
When you show a credible source for that information, I might.
The SEC credible enough for you?

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...-98-002571.txt

Pertinent bit: "SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENTS

In August 1994, GS Technologies Operating Company, Inc. ("GSTOC"), a
wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, issued $125.0 million of Senior Notes
(the "12% Notes"). The proceeds of the offering were used to repay outstanding
debt of $54.9 million and to pay a distribution of $65.0 million of which $61.2
million was to the Company's stockholders"

Bain (and a few others) took a controlling interest in the company and paid themselves off with borrowed money. It's legal, and I think that's the best that can be said for that.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:42 PM

271 posts, read 168,367 times
To the ad “MITT ROMNEY KILLED MY WIFE” the Romney campaign has to respond somehow, right?

Well they did, actually, and they did actually respond with legitimately good advice! This advice was: people who need good health care should move to Massachusetts, because they have universal coverage there, thanks to Governor Romney. Wait, what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections