Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 09:03 AM

858 posts, read 705,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
One of Obama's super PACs released another disgusting and false attack ad against Mitt Romney today.

The ad features a guy who worked at a steel company in Kansas City who claims Mitt Romney closed down the plant and he lost his health insurance. Then his Wife died of cancer as a result of that.

First of all...the ad DISGUSTINGLY politicizes the death of this poor lady!! I guess politicizing her death is OK for the Left. Heck, it all but insinuates that Romney is guilty of 2nd degree murder!

But then, as if that's not bad enough, the ad is SO full of lies that it turns ones stomach......

a) The steel plant closed YEARS AFTER Romney left Bain Capital

b) When the steel plant closed, an OBAMA BUNDLER was in charge of Bain Capital

c) This guy's Wife died 4 years AFTER the plant closed and 6 years after Romney left Bain.

d) If that were today, what would Obama have done? Obama's IRS would TAX him for not having health insurance adding insult to injury

e) He says in the ad that he took his Wife to the hospital and she was admitted...so she DID get health care despite not having insurance

d) If this were today, would Obama have prevented her cancer or cured her?

f) Do you think those GM Dealers who Obama closed down, or the Gulf Oil Drillers who Obama put out of work also lost their health care as a result of Obama's policies? Some of them may have even had family members that died of cancer....is Obama responsible?

One thing I hope we all agree on is that SuperPACs need to be outlawed. They are not helping anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 10:06 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,702,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khsoj View Post
Well, if Romney hadn't done false and disgusting things maybe ...

Did Romney ever say Obama was a murderer?

How anyone can equate the two is beyond comprehension.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:15 AM

8,274 posts, read 12,829,781 times
Goes to show SuperPacs are pretty worthless... Think the right is willing to eliminate them?... I'm sure they will get right on that so i'll wait............... hmmm maybe they like them...

Old 08-11-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Goes to show SuperPacs are pretty worthless... Think the right is willing to eliminate them?... I'm sure they will get right on that so i'll wait............... hmmm maybe they like them...

Kind of a stupid statement since it was a Republican, John McCain that opposed them....

Quote:
Senator John McCain appeared on This Week today from Afghanistan, but before getting onto matters of foreign policy, he weighed in on the Republican contest going on in the United States and continued to speak out forcefully on an issue that has been part of his political identity for over a decade: campaign finance reform. McCain has not been the biggest fan of Super PACs, and McCain today blasted the Supreme Court for its decision in the Citizens United case two years ago.
Ooops!

Old 08-11-2012, 10:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,122,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Did Romney ever say Obama was a murderer?

How anyone can equate the two is beyond comprehension.
Are you inferring Obama called Romney a murderer? BS!

Old 08-11-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Are you inferring Obama called Romney a murderer? BS!

Obama hasn't CONDEMNED an attack ad by HIS SUPER PAC that basically did that....YES.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:52 AM

58,666 posts, read 27,018,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Being Obama is the current "leader" of the country HE should come out and advocate abolishing them. We ALL know the dems don't have any super Pacs.

Some get funnier and funnier every day.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:08 PM

29,184 posts, read 22,236,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Being Obama is the current "leader" of the country HE should come out and advocate abolishing them. We ALL know the dems don't have any super Pacs.

Some get funnier and funnier every day.
Super Pacs are a dead horse issue. The Supreme Court declared them to be legal. That's it. All over, done and dusted.
Super Pacs can collect any amount of money they can, they are able to produce and distribute TV ads that are not required to have a candidate's approval or permission, can fund staffing, office rentals, transportation costs, etc. for whomever they want with no limits or approval required.

They can hire personnel, conduct polling, or any other necessary for any candidate they choose with no restraints.

The Supreme Court created the makings of a shadow government with their decision, and only they can reverse it. The only other way to eliminate them is to pass a law prohibiting them. Since they only benefit the politicians they help, passing such a bill is impossible. If you think private money worming it's way into public affairs is bad now, just wait. Much worse is to come, and the decision allowed the Super Pacs to get just as cozy as they want. And what politician would deny them? Very damned few.

I admired McCain's refusal to allow them into his campaign in any way, but that was back in 2008, when the restrictions on them were still in effect. The Supreme Court decision came after that election. McCain would not be able to deny them today from doing anything they wanted on his behalf.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:34 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,200,821 times
From reading the entire thread this is my general feeling
The Ad is a proven lie and deception, wrong and shows a complete lack of integrity by anyone on the left who supports the ad.
There have been some honest liberal denounce it.

Most of the liberals deflect criticism of the ad and they show me that they understand that this kind of ad is the only way to keep the president in office.
Those that say this ad is OK do not want a discussion of the economy to happen. Obama would have a greater chance to lose the election by discussing the economy then if he makes false ads like this one.
I think Ryan brings what could be an open discussion on the economy and how to fix it, The Dem's will attack the Ryan plan, offer no solutions, and play ads that will say Romney kills people. They will avoid what could be a clear discussion on the economy.
Obama will more than likely be re elected because we have 47 % of the people who pay no federal income tax will vote to continue to allow those who do pay income taxes pay for themselves. The Senate will go republican the house will stay republican Obama will rule by executive order and by the next election he would have made the change he wanted, changing us from wanting to be independent and free to a society government dependent and on the verge of chaos in 2016
This Ad is where we are headed accpetance of lies, hate and demnonizing for the purpose of power

Old 08-11-2012, 03:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,634,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
If you are going to argue something, learn a bit about the subject first. Mrs Soptic lost her job and Ins in 2002, she died in 2006. For 4 yrs she had no Ins, they did not earn enough to pay for doctors preventive care. I suspect they earned too much for Medicaid. They didn't live in Mass where there was Obamacare and hence the means to be able to get the preventive care that may have caught the Cancer before it was too late. I guess you don't understand how Cancer works. It starts very slow, hard to detect, as it grows it grows faster and faster until reaches the point it cannot be stopped. Early detection is critical and expensive to get. Having Ins to defray some of the cost is essential to most people. Even then, people have to use it.
What on earth are you talking about?

You are 100%+ wrong in your assessment of the job loss and insurance situation. Period.

Here's your clue and let's hope you get it this time: The ad is about MISTER Septic's job and Romney. The deceased Mrs. Septic is a bit player. MISTER Septic is blaming Romney for Mrs. Septic's death because HE lost his job AFTER Romney was no longer with Bain.

Damn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections