Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 09:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Apparently this ad will continue in the target markets, since it reportedly has been "very successful". And they're probably right,
So what you're saying is that the american public is stupid...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So what you're saying is that the american public is stupid...
Or maybe they're just smarter than the average conservative these days.

Seriously, IMO what makes this ad particularly powerful, is that it invokes a quality in so many average folks, which the current extremist wing of the GOP has become incapable of feeling and simply doesn't "get" anymore... and that quality is "empathy".

So the more they go on with the lawyerly hair-splitting and the cries of 'foul', the more they obviously miss the point.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Or maybe they're just smarter than the average conservative these days.
If you think Romney is responsible for this ladies death, then you've proved my previous posting as accurate.. Well done.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
If you think Romney is responsible for this ladies death, then you've proved my previous posting as accurate.. Well done.
And you've just proved mine. I rest my case.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
And you've just proved mine. I rest my case.
Actually no I didnt.. You just babbled on and on about how americans need more compassion, but all of the compassion in the world wouldnt have saved this woman. Unless you now think that compassion is a miracle cure.. The only thing you've said that you can validate as accurate, is that you think americans are dumb.. Well done bucko...

Old 08-09-2012, 07:18 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Default More new information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Hardly a surprise, of course. Even the leftist CNN appears to have had enough of the Obama campaign's chronic fibs. Here CNN debunks the Obama ad about the guy working for GST Steel, who connects Bain Capital's purchase of GST Steel with his wife's later death from cancer.

CNN: Obama Super PAC Ad "Not Accurate"- YouTube

And even CNN's debunking barely scratches the surface.

The guy worked for GST Steel for 30 years, he said.

Did anyone notice that before Bain Capital ever came around, GST Steel's previous owner was shutting it down? And when Bain Capital came in, they cancelled the shutdown, spent a ton of money on renovations and improvements to the company, and kept it running an additional 8 years?

Did I miss where this steel worker thanked Mitt Romney for giving him an additional 8 years of employment (and Health Care coverage), that he wouldn't have had if Romney and Bain hadn't bought the company?

Funny, I don't recall hearing that mentioned in the ad.

Will these Democrats ever stop lying, distorting, and twisting the truth?

Is it November yet?
1. It appears that this woman who died, actually had her OWN health insurance.

2. Soptic had already appeared in 2 previous commercials for Obama in May of this year.

Obama campaign no stranger to steelworker in disputed ad | Fox News

Old 08-09-2012, 07:24 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
So the husband whines that she went to the doctor to discover she had cancer and dies *#* of days later. Like, if she'd had insurance it wouldn't have frigging saved her life anyway. Maybe if she'd have gone to the Doc while she actually had insurance, or lived in Massachusetts things might have been different.

Romney spokesman on steelworker ad: In Massachusetts, he would have been covered under RomneyCare « Hot Air

New *** Campaign denies knowledge or full - or real - story but...

Video: Obama campaign now pretending it didn’t know details of steelworker’s story — after featuring him in two ads « Hot Air

Watch for the name Stephanie Cutter
The Cutter audio was played on The Five. Still, the Oboy administration lies and denies. And still, foolish, low IQ people believe them.
Quote:
Actually no I didnt.. You just babbled on and on about how americans need more compassion, but all of the compassion in the world wouldnt have saved this woman. Unless you now think that compassion is a miracle cure.. The only thing you've said that you can validate as accurate, is that you think americans are dumb.. Well done bucko...
It's impossible to have an intelligent discussion with those who are stuck on stupid. It's very easy to pinpoint those people.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:31 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Did anyone notice that before Bain Capital ever came around, GST Steel's previous owner was shutting it down? And when Bain Capital came in, they cancelled the shutdown, spent a ton of money on renovations and improvements to the company, and kept it running an additional 8 years?

That's exactly what companies like Bain do. No more, no less. They try to SALVAGE companies.

The left is simply too stupid to understand that. Without Bain coming in, companies would shut their doors sooner and with absolutely nothing, including employees, being saved for even a single day.

Every day I thank God I'm not a liberal thinker. It's funny using the words 'liberal' and 'thinker' in the same sentence. It doesn't compute.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:35 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,161,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's exactly what companies like Bain do. No more, no less. The try to SALVAGE companies.

The left is simply too stupid to understand that. Without Bain coming in, companies would shut their doors sooner and with absolutely nothing, including employees, being saved for even a single day.

Every day I thank God I'm not a liberal thinker. It's funny using the words 'liberal' and 'thinker' in the same sentence. It doesn't compute.
Any ad that gets the people talking is a great ad! BTW: Bain does not try to salvage anything but profits. LOL

Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,255,485 times
The issue here is not so much the disgusting nature of Bill Burton and his SuperPAC. We expected this from him and from other Obama supporters who have nothing else to talk about but instead destroy the competition (remember the strategy announced months ago - 'Kill Romney'). But the anemic response from the Romney campaign is more disconcerting. He needs to get out in front and just start going off. No more Mr. Nice Guy, Mr. Rational, etc. The proverbial 'guns blazin' is the strategy. I also think that the Romney campaign is not using Ann Romney enough in this campaign. People LIKE her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections