Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 01:19 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
That shows it is the senate not Obama
It's the Senate Democrats of which both Obama and Biden where members of less than four years ago. Do you think that he is not working closely with leaders of the Congress? If so, how much of a leader is he that he cannot convince his own team to work with him to at the least propose their own budget in opposition to the Republican budget proposed by Ryan during that time?

Claiming that the other side will play political games is essentially just playing political games yourselves. You cannot say I'm taking my ball away because you want to play the game the way that everyone always has. Well, I guess you can but you are then expected to have to at least act like a grown up when everyone calls you out for being so childish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 01:19 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
If these Republicans keep up the crazy crap in 10 or so yrs USA will be 90% Dems for 20 to 50 yrs weather you hardcore republican supporters like it or not

Old 08-11-2012, 01:21 AM

197 posts, read 213,023 times
Well, there may be propaganda all over the place but the Dropping Medicare blinking sign will be around both Romney's and Ryan's neck in 12 foot letters.

Better believe that will be pushed big-time.

There are around 50 million currently on Medicare. And that number is growing daily. Guess who they won't vote for.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:22 AM

105 posts, read 477,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
People vote for the top of the ticket not the VP. It's silly to think otherwise.
They ought to! I think it is also important to pay attention to the VP choice. If anything happens to Romney, Paul Ryan will be in charge. He has no foreign policy experiences. He may be popular in his district of Janesville, WI but he has never won a statewide office. The Ryan Budget Plan is his personal baggage regardless of the modifications Romney has made to his plan.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:26 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
Don't forget that conservatives are stuck in the 50's. Seems like I heard that classic worn-out liberal jab earlier this week. Teleprompter must have been broken again.
And since when did fiscal responsibility become equated with extremism?

Old 08-11-2012, 01:31 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khsoj View Post
Well, there may be propaganda all over the place but the Dropping Medicare blinking sign will be around both Romney's and Ryan's neck in 12 foot letters.

Better believe that will be pushed big-time.

There are around 50 million currently on Medicare. And that number is growing daily. Guess who they won't vote for.
This. ^^^^^

Old 08-11-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
Dixie Its over for Romney.

The republican Party needs to come to their senses and purge them selves of these extreme tea party racist, bigots, You can pretend this is what the majority of the country wants.

If you and your party continue to stay this course, they will never win the White House.
I agree with your post!

By the way, I saw a couple of Dixie's posts myself. She is entitled to her own opinions that I can always ignore and stay civilized. It is no need to waste time and energy to disagree.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:36 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
If we're going to purge extremism from the political parties (both have them), then go ahead. There won't be much left of the democratic party, but I'm sure the country will be fine.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:44 AM

Oh, sure, Paul Ryan is an ideal choice with "a great vision for the country."

Old 08-11-2012, 01:45 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
I think that President Obama needs to visit an opthamologist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections