Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 02:02 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khsoj View Post

Again, private insurance companies won't support it, Not now, not then.

If you read it, then you'd see where it says they would be forced to.

They really have no choice in the matter unless they want to lose business.

You don't give anything to support your theory that they would refuse to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 02:04 PM

271 posts, read 168,502 times
You said this:

1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Really?

The Obama Plan: Let Medicare go bankrupt and NO ONE gets anything.
Which is a total myth. Now you say this:

2)
Quote:
Really?

Here's all I can find about Obama's Plan, an ADMISSION of having NONE:
1.Can you get your story straight?
2. Obama has already a plan. It's called the ACA.
See Fact Sheet: The Affordable Care Act?s New Patient?s Bill of Rights

Old 08-12-2012, 02:08 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaybu View Post
You said this:

1)

Which is a total myth. Now you say this:

2)

1.Can you get your story straight?
2. Obama has already a plan. It's called the ACA.
See Fact Sheet: The Affordable Care Act?s New Patient?s Bill of Rights

The ACA doesn't address the imminent collapse of Medicare....sorry.

That's what Geitner was being asked directly by Ryan.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:13 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,822 times
Quote:
Really?

So exactly what is Obama's Plan?

Please show a link to it.

Here's all I can find about Obama's Plan, an ADMISSION of having NONE:

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, speaking on behalf of the Obama White House, to Rep. Paul Ryan:

Why are all Obama people such limpwristed weasels?

Old 08-12-2012, 02:21 PM

197 posts, read 213,023 times
Who would force them to? They'd lose money if they did. No company stays in business on a losing money proposition. You won't find a private health insurance company that provides health insurance at the same level as Medicare at age 64 with no deductibles and no health issues for $700-$900 a month. Not today. Why do you think it'll magically happen? It won't.

The only ones who can do that are the Medicare Advantage plans. And the best ones have large extensive networks of doctors, drug companies, hospitals and medical suppliers. In short, they are universal healthcare systems on a (HMO) mini-scale. Plus they do have restrictions. You must see only their doctors, use only their hospitals, not travel very widely. If you can live with those restrictions they are great. I'm in one and like it. Not everyone wants it.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:25 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Who would force them to? They'd lose money if they did. No company stays in business on a losing money proposition. You won't find a private health insurance company that provides health insurance at the same level as Medicare at age 64 with no deductibles and no health issues for $700-$900 a month. Not today. Why do you think it'll magically happen? It won't.

The only ones who can do that are the Medicare Advantage plans. And the best ones have large extensive networks of doctors, drug companies, hospitals and medical suppliers. In short, they are universal healthcare systems on a (HMO) mini-scale. Plus they do have restrictions. You must see only their doctors, use only their hospitals, not travel very widely. If you can live with those restrictions they are great. I'm in one and like it. Not everyone wants it.
I am a "young" retiree who does not yet have Medicare. I buy a policy through my former company. It costs me $18000 per year (coverage for two) with lousy copays and deductibles much larger than Medicare. I can't imagine what kind of a policy one could buy for the $6K Romney would give out. At least my crappy policy covers some of my prescription costs. Romney's would cover none of them.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:37 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Do you seriously think the Reps are going to get any traction arguing that it is Obama who is the enemy of Medicare? If Americans care about Medicare, the Republicans are doomed with the Ryan pick and trying to make a stupid argument that the Dems want to destroy it is a complete non starter. Everyone knows that Dems are the defender of Medicare. It's axiomatic, black and white, written in stone. What Romney needs to do is convince Americans that his coupon program is a better way for elderly Americans to have peace of mind about their medical needs than the current system. Good luck with that!

yes, they will
I am 61 years old come the 17 of this month, and I want medicare overhauled
it is going broke and anyone with half a brain knows it
no one on either side has been willing to take this on, but if it is not it is going bust.
The democrats have not one thing to offer except fear mongering
raise taxes, stick it to the rich and blame anyone of themselves!
Obma did steal this money, the sorry son of a *****
and he wil steal more if he gets a chance!
Obama did not get ONE vote on his stupid budget, not one!
When Paul Ryan explains with the numbers, then peoploe will get it, all except Obama and his minions!!
Get over it
Ryan is not stupid like that hack Obama
let's just wait and see what happens~ Obama has made it clear what kind of a nobody jerk he is
we have the last 3.5 years and just because Obama and his hirelings want to try and not
have us see what we have already seen, it is too frigging late!
We want change and that is going to take Obama and Biden out of their asses come Nov!!

Old 08-12-2012, 02:41 PM

271 posts, read 168,502 times
Quote:
The ACA doesn't address the imminent collapse of Medicare....sorry.
Which part of "myth" don't you understand?

Quote:
That's what Geitner was being asked directly by Ryan.[/
Geitner is not Obama. Can you get that? Oh, wait, you can't.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:42 PM

197 posts, read 213,023 times
Ponderosa, I was in a company retiree health plan until 2 years ago. My wife and I were on Medicare. When I left them (Jan 2011) my total costs would have been around $12,000 for the year before they'd pay a dime. If I'd stayed it would be more than $13,000 today. I dropped it and went with a Medicare Advantage plan. Every person I know that was in that company plan left - some to Medigap, others to Advantage plans. My total expenses last year? $3,000. This year looks to be about the same.

I don't think anyone currently on Medicare would give Ryan's "plan" a 2nd thought once they realize the implications.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:51 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Ponderosa, I was in a company retiree health plan until 2 years ago. My wife and I were on Medicare. When I left them (Jan 2011) my total costs would have been around $12,000 for the year before they'd pay a dime. If I'd stayed it would be more than $13,000 today. I dropped it and went with a Medicare Advantage plan. Every person I know that was in that company plan left - some to Medigap, others to Advantage plans. My total expenses last year? $3,000. This year looks to be about the same.

I don't think anyone currently on Medicare would give Ryan's "plan" a 2nd thought once they realize the implications.
Yep, I have a few years to go for Medicare and I am really looking forward to that part of getting older. My parents and in laws are all more that happy with Medicare with the add on plans. I am old enough to get the real deal under Romney, but my wife is not. She will get a voucher, I guess. Things are tough enough when you get on without hassling with insurance companies and worrying constantly about getting sick. I do hope that Romney loses and that more compassionate and understanding minds take up what to do about health care costs for the seniors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections