Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 09:11 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Get competent tax counsel.
I think it is you that may need to get competent tax counsel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 09:12 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That is the way that I read it as well. Maybe Great Day is 90 and apparently has not been receiving ss benefits. Good job GD.

No, i'm not 90 - far from it. And I can never get SS. Or Medicare.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I think it is you that may need to get competent tax counsel.
I have / had one.

Thanks.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
No, i'm not 90 - far from it. And I can never get SS. Or Medicare.
Not unless you apply for it. Apparently if you used the form you stated you told them that you did not want it. It however does not mean you don't have to pay into it. They don't care if you don't want to receive benefits; however, they do care if you don't want to pay into it.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I have / had one.

Thanks.
Maybe your counsel was competent and you just did not understand what they were saying. I have read the form you stated and it is clearly a form to withdraw your application for benefits. I am thinking you either did not understand you competent counsel or you counsel was incompetent.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:17 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You are correct. What I'm not sure about is if privatization is the way to go. Hard, painful choices have to be made. At least Ryan is willing to have a discussion instead of placating people and giving them a false sense of security.
How does one have a "discussion" with Ryan when he has them arrested for voicing their opinion?

Ryan forgets he is an elected servant.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Not unless you apply for it. Apparently if you used the form you stated you told them that you did not want it. It however does not mean you don't have to pay into it. They don't care if you don't want to receive benefits; however, they do care if you don't want to pay into it.
The form is a multi purpose form - hence why you NEED competent tax counsel before attempting such actions.

SS has not "cared" about any contributions from me for well over 30 years.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
The form is a multi purpose form - hence why you NEED competent tax counsel before attempting such actions.

SS has not "cared" about any contributions from me for well over 30 years.

That is funny. Do you make this stuff up as you go along. I doubt that SS Admin has any "multi-purpose" forms. Obviously you do not work as an employee for a company otherwise they would have taken the payments out of your check. If you are a sole employer with no employees you may be able to avoid paying into SS. Of course that has nothing to do with the form. I am calling BS on your post. Unless you can post a cite to back up your "Multi-purpose" form allowing you from paying into SS. LMAO.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
That is funny. Do you make this stuff up as you go along. .
I have no reason to "make up" anything.

So let's leave at this: If you are interested, you will take the advice to seek competent tax counsel. If your not interested, you will not.

Either way, it's not my problem.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
I have no reason to "make up" anything.

So let's leave at this: If you are interested, you will take the advice to seek competent tax counsel. If your not interested, you will not.

Either way, it's not my problem.
So you can't back it up? I was not holding my breath for you to find something that does not exist. It probably is not a good idea to post on the internet that you have not been paying taxes for 30 years...just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections