Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 05:17 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Democrats have no solutions. They simply want to "kick the can down the road", to use the cliché. But we have come to the place where it can be kicked no further. It must be addressed as the entire system is about to collapse, and Barack Obama has brought us to the brink of financial melt down. This is why he must be removed from office, and replaced with an chief executive that understands the need for sound fiscal policy, and has the experience to implement it. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan can do just that. Romney couldn't have made a wiser choice. This was the man he needed to ensure the success of an administration whose goal is to restore our economy, and address our debt.

Obama Deputy Campaign Manager: You Bet Obama Cut Medicare By $700 Billion - Blogrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 05:19 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
The Ryan plan ELIMINATES medicare, and you think that's going to be a better option? The vouchers REALLY DO gut services, because people are going to have to purchase private insurance at a time when their health costs are the highest. It's going to mean sky high premiums that the voucher won't cover, or reduced services and much higher out of pocket expenses.
No, it doesn't! Can you show me where in the plan Medicare is eliminated? I have it downloaded to my hard drive. It is not eliminated. Give me the page number.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:23 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
If you are a senior collecting Social Security and Medicare and you think the Romney and Ryan team is the way to go you need help. These two foxes plan to wreck Social Security and do away with Medicare with Medicaid the first to go. Regardless of what they promise about preserving Social Security and Medicare for those now on it they will find a way to attack it through privatization or reduced benefits. Most seniors are living day to day in this economy and any reduction is not viable. Most seniors depend on medications provided by Medicare and could not accept any reduction or cancellation. If elected, the Romney/Ryan team will be the demise of American elders making them the highest number of homeless.

American seniors have worked hard to get this nation were it is today. These same seniors fought in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. They did without to provide for the war effort. They were promised a secure old age if they contributed a portion of their income to Social Security. Instead of seniors being able to settle back and trust that their old age will continue to be funded by Social Security they are threatened by scum like Ryan with the end of Social Security and Medicare. These two foxes, Romney/Ryan, are just like the major companies who promised pensions only to renege on their obligation and quit paying pensions, medical insurance, and life insurance. At the same time Romney/Ryan want to reduce the taxes on the wealthiest people. Romney and Ryan are reverse Robin Hoods, robbing the poor to give to the rich. The average millionaire under the Ryan plan would get a $250,000 tax reduction at the expense of the poorest in the nation.

It doesn't matter if you don't like President Obama. If you are a senior and you want to preserve your Social Security and Medicare you must vote against Romney/Ryan.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:31 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, it doesn't! Can you show me where in the plan Medicare is eliminated? I have it downloaded to my hard drive. It is not eliminated. Give me the page number.
It's replaced with a voucher system to purchase private insurance. You're trying to put lipstick on a pig if you want to call that the continuation of medicare. According to the CBO, it's going to DOUBLE the cost to seniors the day it's out of the gate to $12K a year. Since the tea party wants to eliminate the affordable care act, there will be no mechanism in place to contain premium costs. Mine are increasing about 15-20% a year now. How many seniors are even going to be able to afford health insurance, especially those living on social security with modest savings? I was born in 1959, and I'm one of those who are going to be the impacted first by the changes if it's passed. This plan is a LOSER, and it's radical. Good luck getting anyone but far right conservatives to support it.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Thanks--your post was right on target. We went through something similar with my Grandfather. When he was 99 he was diagnosed with lung cancer after having heavily smoked since he was a teenager. The doctors wanted to do surgery and very aggressive chemo on a man who was nearly 100 years old. It was insane, and my mother told them that. My grandfather wasn't capable of making the decision himself, so my mom opted to keep him comfortable vs. putting him through h*ll, and he died a dignified and peaceful death with his family around him. Families and patients should be informed of all the options for end of life decisions, vs. just the ones that prolong life but don't consider the quality.
Which was exactly what the AHA wanted to do. Allow doctors to bill for time to thoroughly explain to patients their treatment options and probable outcomes. Except someone claimed this was a "death panel."

Old 08-13-2012, 05:52 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
My grandmother did not indulge in stupid phrases or watch Fox News, so no, she probably wouldn't have cared for your response. And if you call people "obamabots" don't be surprised if it hurts your credibility and no one wants to talk about your points. I guess it takes more than age to become a grown up.
You are amazing..! obamabots is pretty mild compared to what I call the corrupt pr!ck in the WH...
Your gran and I would have had some hot times watching FOX new together... and I don't care to have any discussions with you anyway because you are a classic democrat, you support a communist...
There are very few, if any, democrats who post on C-D who have any credibility, so I fit right in.....
...but... I still love you and wish you a nice day....

Old 08-13-2012, 05:56 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
My grandmother did not indulge in stupid phrases or watch Fox News, so no, she probably wouldn't have cared for your response. And if you call people "obamabots" don't be surprised if it hurts your credibility and no one wants to talk about your points. I guess it takes more than age to become a grown up.
I watch all the networks and it is msnbc that does the dirty name calling.. I have to turn it off at times because it is so low lifer.. at least I can watch CNN and Fox without feeling like I am watching a Jerry Springer twist on the news.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:31 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
That 71 year old man was among the most enlightened in this country
He looked like a violent uncivilized ******* to me.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
He looked like a violent uncivilized ******* to me.

Liberal Group's Medicare Ad Shows Paul Ryan Throwing Grandma Off The Cliff - YouTube

Old 08-13-2012, 06:39 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Social security will not be here for the younger generation.

It's time to replace SS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections