Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:41 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Hitting a "precious deer" with one of those puny "wonderful economy cars" - it's not the deer I'd be worried about.
'Just as the deer lept into my headlights my electric car battery failed. As I hit my brakes, with no result, the deer my car, his antlers piercing my front windshield . His antlers filled the interior of the car, killing my three kids, wife, and mother. And all I got was a bill from Obamacare.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 02:06 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
He's skilled at feeding his people.

Which will be a handy trait for a friend during the pending apocalypse.
Not as good a trait as being a good farmer. Hunting is optional, growing crops is essential for survival.
Stone age humans figured that one out, and farming is how civilization began.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Not as good a trait as being a good farmer. Hunting is optional, growing crops is essential for survival.
Stone age humans figured that one out, and farming is how civilization began.
Yeah, but they never did stop fishing. Now, did they? I'd suspect Ryan knows a thing or two about farming, somewhere, somehow.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:24 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
I suspect Ryan is there to make Romney appear more accessible to the "little" guy.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:43 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Nice, try, but you can't get more intelligent than Ryan. And being a hunter doesn't preclude you from being compassionate. But you libs just on keep ignoring the economy.
I was not saying Ryan is an idiot, just that noodling is not exactly convincing me of his executive potential. Besides, bubba is going GOP anyway, getting a GOP candidate with red neck cred is like getting a militant vegetarian for a Democratic Veep. You'll impress the partisans and annoy everyone else. But have fun with it.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:00 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Because GOP logic, that's why.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
So the guy has an interesting hobby. How exactly does that help one be a better vice president or president?
Because even if Mr Ryan took off all days to go Bow hunting, it would still not equal the amount of days obama has golfed....

Old 08-13-2012, 03:22 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Say, isn't catfish noodling the "sport" where occasionally the catfish has the final say and drowns the "noodler" (or one can only hope...)?!

Old 08-13-2012, 03:24 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Say, isn't catfish noodling the "sport" where occasionally the catfish has the final say and drowns the "noodler" (or one can only hope...)?!
Gee....you are now wishing for someone to die.....

You lefties are amazing....where is your civility....

Oh, that's right, do as I say but not as I do.....

Old 08-13-2012, 03:27 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Morality lectures from a wingnut... priceless!!

Old 08-13-2012, 03:28 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
Just being that should wrap up the multi millions of Hunters and Fisherman across the United States. He should secure the military vote, gun enthusiasts and conservationists. Catfish noodling is a fun sport. You have to feel for them in the water and then grab them by hand and to clean them you hang them up and cut them (better when Alive) in order to bleed the meat free of blood. Then you skin them making their meat a excellent delicacy fried or grilled. This will truly upset PETA who many are fanatical radicals who sometimes commit domestic terror against people and who commit property damage.

Paul Ryan, bow hunter | WashingtonExaminer.com

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...oodling-video/

Ryan on Catfish Noodling

Paul Ryan Loves Catfish Noodling - YouTube
I'm a PETA, he wasn't getting my vote anyway. but this is good to know. thanks JCS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections