Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 10:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
So you were able to find Ryan's but can't find plastic Nancy's...???
Dont forget about Clintons $100K cattle trade, that they "forgot" to claim on their tax returns..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 10:06 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How did that hit a nerve? The fact that you think the 2008 recession was "insider information"? Clearly you couldnt be that far outside of the loop to not know what the rest of the world knew?

How is it deflection to point out that there was no insider knowledge needed to know what we all knew, which is that we were in a recession in 2008? Maybe you lefties are a little slower than the rest of us.
Maybe you are just not an investor? I was buying stocks around the financial crisis, and I recall having no idea whether to invest in financial institutions and which were going to survive. But Paul Ryan certainly knew which to buy!

Old 08-13-2012, 10:08 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Even IF the biased source of this article is factual, it was perfectly legal and done by Democrats the same as Republicans.

I'm not sure showing a financial disclosure form (if it's even real) "connects any dots" since there is nothing tying Ryan to any meeting and him turning around and moving funds.

It's pure speculation that he RAN FROM THE MEETING and called his stockbroker.

But again...it was legal.

So then, when this became news, Congress attempted to pass a bill to stop it from happening.

And guess WHO tried to gut the bill? Democrats!!

Old 08-13-2012, 10:08 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Where do Pelosi's start?

Oh, nevermind, she has a D behind her name meaning...doesn't matter!

The left has been well trained,LOL!
Exactly.....
They can find out that D's are using affordable housing as their election campaign headquarters and they will still defend them.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Maybe you are just not an investor? I was buying stocks around the financial crisis, and I recall having no idea whether to invest in financial institutions and which were going to survive. But Paul Ryan certainly knew which to buy!
I live off investments, and the fact that you didnt know whether to invest, doesnt mean it took a rocket scientist to know that we were in a recession in 2008. My children knew we were in a recession, why didnt you?

Maybe you arent followng along with the thread.. here, lets recap

September 18, 2008. The purpose of the meeting was to disclose the coming economic meltdown and beg Congress to pass legislation to help collapsing banks.

We ALL KNEW by September 2008 that we were in a recession because the recession started December 2007. Are you telling me that by September you didnt know we were in a recession yet? Wow, you arent seriously admitting you are a year + behind the rest of us in regards to the news..

Old 08-13-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Dont forget about Clintons $100K cattle trade, that they "forgot" to claim on their tax returns..

Or Obama's shady house deal with Tony Rezko

Old 08-13-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:

WOW...just W-O-W!!!

By September 2008...the ENTIRE WORLD knew...but you were in the dark?

Old 08-13-2012, 10:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am confused. Are you for, or against, using a public office position for insider trading?

I will be happy to view Pelosi's records showing her insider trading. Please post them.
I do believe that Congress exempted themselves from insider trading quite some time ago and only got "caught" recently.

Why are you singling out one person and saying he had insider trading deals in 2008 ?

Most of Congress are millionaires..fancy that. The 1% making the rules for the other 99%.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
WOW...just W-O-W!!!

By September 2008...the ENTIRE WORLD knew...but you were in the dark?
No jt, the entire world did not know what the resolution of the financial crisis was going to be.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
You are in the dark about the Banksters aren't you ?
JPM, GS, Citi, BofA were NEVER in any danger of going down.
Lehman and Bear took the fall and their assets were doled out to JPM.

Read your history of the banking cartel. "The Creature from Jekyll Island" is a good start.
Ryan didn't know anything that wasn't already common knowledge by most investors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections