Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 PM

271 posts, read 168,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
but now by your own admission, revenues increased, something you just said wasnt possible
In which post did I ever said that... oh wait, I never said that.

Quote:
because tax cuts were responsible for biggest part of the deficits.
Tax cuts are a revenue loss to the government. That`s a fact. And that`s what I said previously. Total revenue can still go up depending on what is happening in the economy.

Quote:
You now argued against your own previous image, which was tax cuts were responsible because now your admitting its expenditures. Making process..
I believe you are arguing with yourself. Since you don`t grasp anything concerning the economy. You can`t distinguish between policies and economic principles, you can`t add simple numbers, you can`t even read a graph properly. Please go back to kindegarden, you really are messed up.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:44 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaybu View Post

Tax cuts are a revenue loss to the government. That`s a fact. And that`s what I said previously. Total revenue can still go up depending on what is happening in the economy.

I believe you are arguing with yourself. Since you don`t grasp anything concerning the economy. You can`t distinguish between policies and economic principles, you can`t add simple numbers, you can`t even read a graph properly. Please go back to kindegarden, you really are messed up.
Some people will argue just for the sake of arguing. Your graphs illustrate the main causes for the deficits.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:50 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaybu View Post

Some people will argue just for the sake of arguing. Your graphs illustrate the main causes for the deficits.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:58 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Except for one fact, revenues didnt go down, in fact capital gains revenues DOUBLED..

I bet a 5th grader knows the difference between up, and down, why dont you?
You post clearly illustrates failure to take into account adjusting for inflation and population growth, which causes tax revenues to increase regardless of policy.

These are federal revenue adjusting for inflation and population growth. The left chart is revenues under President Clinton and the right chart is revenue under Bush:

mmmmmm

As you and everyone else can see, real revenues dropped after Bush signed his tax-cuts and did not reach 2000 levels until 2007, which was the peak of the housing bubble and then dropped in 2008 and 2009. Thus, we have yet to get the same revenue as existed before the Bush tax-cuts. That is astounding bad results and completely and utterly disproves your point that the Bush tax-cuts brought in more revenue. It confirms the obvious, lower taxes bring in lower revenue.

There is no empirical evidence that lowering tax-rates increases revenue, none.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You post clearly illustrates failure to take into account adjusting for inflation and population growth, which causes tax revenues to increase regardless of policy.

These are federal revenue adjusting for inflation and population growth. The left chart is revenues under President Clinton and the right chart is revenue under Bush:

mmmmmm

As you and everyone else can see, real revenues dropped after Bush signed his tax-cuts and did not reach 2000 levels until 2007, which was the peak of the housing bubble and then dropped in 2008 and 2009. Thus, we have yet to get the same revenue as existed before the Bush tax-cuts. That is astounding bad results and completely and utterly disproves your point that the Bush tax-cuts brought in more revenue. It confirms the obvious, lower taxes bring in lower revenue.

There is no empirical evidence that lowering tax-rates increases revenue, none.
You cant discount the fact that late in the Clinton era and early in the Bush administration you had the internet bubble build up and pop, that had a noticeable impact on those charts.

Edit...and 9/11 didn't help either.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You cant discount the fact that late in the Clinton era and early in the Bush administration you had the internet bubble build up and pop, that had a noticeable impact on those charts.

Edit...and 9/11 didn't help either.
and the effects lasted to this very day? Real per capita federal revenue has not yet exceeded what they were in 2000. One has to be a true denier to reject tax-cuts as the cause.

Remember, those tax-cuts were supposed to fix those recessions. Obviously, they did not.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
and the effects lasted to this very day? Real per capita federal revenue has not yet returned to what they were in 2000. One has to be a true denier to reject tax-cuts as the cause.
I'm not confirming or denying anything, all I'm saying is that the internet bubble and 9/11 had significant and obvious impacts to those charts.

Another edit...I'm typing faster than I'm thinking because I'm preoccupied with a baseball game, but to assume that we SHOULD get back to 2000 levels which was the peak of the internet bubble might be a bad assumption.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:30 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Yes, the debt is as big as the GDP under Obama... we will never get out of debt. Obama spending borrowed money and printing more and the next generation will see really high taxes and it could come down to cutting major programs , welfare cuts , food stamp cuts if the debt keeps growing.. Obama is spending way more than the tax base is. We are in big huge gigantic trouble and under Obama is will get worse. Obama doesn't have the brains to fix the economy. He passes Obamacare and throws billions of good tax dollars down the toilet in his green energy agenda.. Obama is so stupid he will kill all the programs, kill the stock market, kill our paychecks , kill it all. We will have to pay the piper for what Obama created. A shrinking tax base and bulging federal programs. It cannot be sustained. A financial breakdown is on it's way.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'm not confirming or denying anything, all I'm saying is that the internet bubble and 9/11 had significant and obvious impacts to those charts.

Another edit...I'm typing faster than I'm thinking because I'm preoccupied with a baseball game, but to assume that we SHOULD get back to 2000 levels which was the peak of the internet bubble might be a bad assumption.
There also was a housing bubble in there too but that didn't seem cause a revenue breakout either.

But your argument really is that the recessions, etc. held down economic activity and that's why revenues were depressed. But economic activity was not depressed. The problem was that federal revenue as a p% of GDP dropped because of the tax-cuts.

mmmm

Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
There also was a housing bubble in there too but that didn't seem cause a revenue breakout either.

But your argument really is that the recessions, etc. held down economic activity and that's why revenues were depressed. But economic activity was not depressed. The problem was that federal revenue as a p% of GDP dropped because of the tax-cuts.

mmmm
Nope, not really my argument. Like I said...who is to say that the peak of the internet bubble with its incredibly low unemployment rate, numerous high salaries and all kinds of capital gains taxes being collected should be considered some sort of normal to get back to as you are proposing.

Here is a chart from the BLS on unemployment from 1997 to present
http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections