Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 05:46 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,387,989 times

Advertisements

1. For guy running for the Presidency during the five years, Romney has an appalling lack of specifics in his plans. He wants to be elected but gives no details about his foreign policy, what domestic departments he would cut, what his budget would look like compared to Ryan's, what he would replace Dodd-Frank with (if anything), what he would do to replace the more popular aspects of the Affordable Care Act (no pre-existing conditions, coverage to age 26, etc.)...he has had FIVE YEARS to craft policy, yet his platform seems to be "Elect me and I'll figure something out"...

2. Secrecy. He comes from a secretive religion, he is secretive about not releasing his tax returns, he wants to roll back regulations so businesses can conduct more dealings in secret...why are his tax returns important? Because unless we know where his CONFLICTS OF INTEREST may lie, EVERY financial decision a President Roney would make is suspect.

3. He's a whiny wimp. Every day he's crying how the ads are being so MEAN to him. What a douchebag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 05:55 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,079,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
1. For guy running for the Presidency during the five years, Romney has an appalling lack of specifics in his plans. He wants to be elected but gives no details about his foreign policy, what domestic departments he would cut, what his budget would look like compared to Ryan's, what he would replace Dodd-Frank with (if anything), what he would do to replace the more popular aspects of the Affordable Care Act (no pre-existing conditions, coverage to age 26, etc.)...he has had FIVE YEARS to craft policy, yet his platform seems to be "Elect me and I'll figure something out"...

2. Secrecy. He comes from a secretive religion, he is secretive about not releasing his tax returns, he wants to roll back regulations so businesses can conduct more dealings in secret...why are his tax returns important? Because unless we know where his CONFLICTS OF INTEREST may lie, EVERY financial decision a President Roney would make is suspect.

3. He's a whiny wimp. Every day he's crying how the ads are being so MEAN to him. What a douchebag.
B/c his policy is going to be shockingly like Obama's except with more tax breaks for the rich.

You know you're dealing w/ a douchebag when the guy earning a couple million is saying "I should pay more taxes" and the guy earning 10x that is saying "I should pay less taxes"

Old 08-15-2012, 06:16 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,029,474 times
4. He flip-flops on everything. We have no idea what he actually stands for, he fits himself to whatever words are most convenient for him. He even chose a vice-presidential nominee that wants to eliminate medicare... yet he forced his vice-presidential nominee to flip-flop on that for political convenience, as well as to throw his idol (an atheist like Dick Chaney and Carl Rove) under the bus.

Plus, he is a hypocrite and liar (part of flip-flopping). Him and his subjects started slandering Obama with negative ads full of lies and outlandish distortions and now he is blaming Obama for his own negativity and that of SuperPacs for which it would now be ILLEGAL for Obama to have any influence over. His policies will be Republican policies, like Bush's... yet he tries to pretend to be a moderate. He will try to establish a Mormon theocracy if he was true Mormon and yet he choose an atheist influenced lay-Catholic as vice-president.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:18 PM

11,290 posts, read 16,570,887 times
Saaaaay....how's the hope and change working out for you?

Old 08-15-2012, 06:23 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,398,230 times
I don't love Romney/Ryan...but I'm voting for them because I want Obama out.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:29 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,071,860 times
Obama's list,

1. What was "hope & change"?

2. No secrecy here?? Who is Barry Soweto?

3. A royal douche bag, with the scum!

Old 08-15-2012, 07:25 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,129,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
4. He flip-flops on everything. We have no idea what he actually stands for, he fits himself to whatever words are most convenient for him. He even chose a vice-presidential nominee that wants to eliminate medicare... yet he forced his vice-presidential nominee to flip-flop on that for political convenience, as well as to throw his idol (an atheist like Dick Chaney and Carl Rove) under the bus.

Plus, he is a hypocrite and liar (part of flip-flopping). Him and his subjects started slandering Obama with negative ads full of lies and outlandish distortions and now he is blaming Obama for his own negativity and that of SuperPacs for which it would now be ILLEGAL for Obama to have any influence over. His policies will be Republican policies, like Bush's... yet he tries to pretend to be a moderate. He will try to establish a Mormon theocracy if he was true Mormon and yet he choose an atheist influenced lay-Catholic as vice-president.
Do much fear mongering lately ? Slandering Obama ? Thats a joke right ? Tell you what, if you thnk all that
is going on, maybe you should turn them all into "Attack Watch". You know, the website Obama's boys put
up snitch on anybody that doesn't agree with Obama. You talk about a wimp & crybaby, look no farther than the white house.

An attemp to scare the population over Romney's being a Mormon are beyond ludicrous, they are just insane.
I hate to point this out, but, Obama is the master of negative attack adds. If you think Obams doesn't know
what his Super Pac is putting out there then you must be more niave than I Thought.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:27 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,387,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Do much fear mongering lately ? Slandering Obama ? Thats a joke right ? Tell you what, if you thnk all that
is going on, maybe you should turn them all into "Attack Watch". You know, the website Obama's boys put
up snitch on anybody that doesn't agree with Obama. You talk about a wimp & crybaby, look no farther than the white house.

An attemp to scare the population over Romney's being a Mormon are beyond ludicrous, they are just insane.
I hate to point this out, but, Obama is the master of negative attack adds. If you think Obams doesn't know
what his Super Pac is putting out there then you must be more niave than I Thought.
I cut Roms some slack on his flipping and flopping. Most pols have and do.

Everyone runs negative ads. Push.

The secrecy around his religion abd his personal finances is legitimate. Mormons are Scientologists with better marketing.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:47 PM

20,098 posts, read 16,021,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I don't love Romney/Ryan...but I'm voting for them because I want Obama out.
Ditto

Old 08-15-2012, 09:35 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,521,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock.teller View Post

I think most sane people in the USA realize how dangerous it is for national security and for economic security to elect a Republican to anything. Republicans are only able to win an election through fraud, but hopefully we have this under control and the Republicans will soon be leaving the USA.
Hopefully is right. Then and only then will it be possible for a credible conservative alternative to arise out of the ashes of this truely horrible collection of facists, ignoramuses, religous fanatics, corporatists, racists, greedy self serving professional politicians, anti American, hate filled, paranoid azzhats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections