Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 07:43 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times

Advertisements

What's that about your expertise as a businessman MItt?

Michael Tomasky on Mitt Romney

Quote:
Visiting Mitt Romney’s website is an exercise in one’s ability to tolerate propaganda. For anyone who is familiar with Romney’s economic record in Massachusetts, the spin on his performance as Governor is laughable. However, for those who buy into the idea that Romney presided over “a period of sustained economic expansion” in Massachusetts, his website can be a very dangerous thing. Unfortunately for Romney, statistics can be a dangerous thing as well. Take a look at this graph comparing Massachusetts to the rest of the country during Romney's time as Governor. It looks like Romney's economic record isn't quite as strong as he would have us believe.
Romney's Poor Economic Record | Massachusetts AFL-CIO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,087,992 times
I'm not sure why I'm debating someone who cites the AFL-CIO as a credible source, but I digress...
We've all heard, Massachusetts was bad under Romney, blah, blah, blah, 47th in job creation, blah, blah, blah... all ignoring that unemployment was below 5%. That itself is enough for me, especially because he reached a level of full employment as measured by most labor economists. He doesn't really need to make more jobs (and when i say "make more jobs", I of course mean "create an environment conducive to the creation of more jobs") when everyone's got one.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:05 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What's that about your expertise as a businessman MItt?

Michael Tomasky on Mitt Romney

Romney's Poor Economic Record | Massachusetts AFL-CIO
well, at least he can claim to not be as bad as obama. obama has screwed up the US economy really bad and destroyed the several states economies at the same time.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:10 PM

395 posts, read 458,350 times
Let me get this straight.

The big reason that Obama has not been able to get more great things done according to his supporters is because he had an obstructionist GOP Congress to deal with? Yet we're not supposed to consider the fact that while governor of MA Romney had no choice but to work with the state legislature which was dominated by liberal Democrats?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:38 PM

775 posts, read 740,256 times
Romney is caught between a rock and a hard place here. He could argue that his economic record in Massachusetts was brilliant, but his economic policy as governor was effectively Obama's. And he could concede that his economic record sucked, which would be quite suicidal.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:22 AM

271 posts, read 168,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
Let me get this straight.

The big reason that Obama has not been able to get more great things done according to his supporters is because he had an obstructionist GOP Congress to deal with? Yet we're not supposed to consider the fact that while governor of MA Romney had no choice but to work with the state legislature which was dominated by liberal Democrats?
So you do admit that the GOP has been obstructionist, trying from day one to destroy the Obama administration. That takes a lot of guts coming from your world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections