Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 01:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I agree, this has been speculated on long before Palin weighed in on it. And frankly, this would be such a great ticket that I wouldn't care if conservatives went nuts and attempted to attribute it to her should this come to pass. Let them have their little "victory" lap now--Obama/Clinton would have their big victory lap in November. I like Biden, and I have a lot of respect for him, but I do believe adding Hillary to the ticket would energize the left like nothing else. While I'm certainly not counting on it, I would love to see it happen.
funny thing, I like Biden personality wise but I do not have respect for anyone who Plaigiarizes.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 01:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
I, for one, am sick of those who try to paint Vice President Biden as an out of touch fool or as an embarassing old uncle who makes you cringe every time he opens his mouth.

The truth is VP Biden is one of our few elder statesman who really knows what's going on, who the players are, and is respected around the world.

The right-wingers ridicule him because:

a) they're clueless,

b) they can't keep up with him, and/or

c) they have no one to put up that can match him.

Biden vs. Ryan is the VP debate? Are you serious? I don't usually care for bloodsports but I can't wait to see the VP take Ryan to school. Unlike with Palin, he will not be holding back against the Wisconsin representative nor should he.

I think the main reason that the Republicans hate him is because he doesn't sugarcoat things, like his recent comment regarding the conservatives wanting to unchain the big financial institutions from regulatory oversight and accountability and instead placing the chains on us, the consumers. That is the cold, hard truth that he spoke and they can't handle it.

President Obama needs him out there telling those truths and we, the American people need to hear, understand, and believe those truths.

Vice President Biden calls it like it is and many of us respect the **** out of him for it and that's why he's not going anywhere.

Just my humble opinion.
Have you forgotten his past? Do you really think, as many times as he has stuck his foot in his mouth he will be able to stay above water in a debate? Let's put it this way< as I see it, those who are firmly behind Obama better be glad the VP running mate doesn't really make a heck of a lot of difference. Do you realize how many on the left think Biden is a little bit of a ding bat? It certainly isn't just the right.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Absolutely not: what I am saying is: no matter what the house tries to push through the senate or the Pres say, forget it: No one would ever want to see any one party in total control, nor should either side rubber stamp just to be the nice guys. This is the reason we have 3 branches of government..Would I be saying the same thing if the tables were turned, maybe, maybe not: it would depend on the issue. What I am saying is there is no cooperation on the left side, no matter what it is. If the Pres doesn't approve or the senate does not approve we are seeing almost not compromise, if the Pres wants something though, he just says :executive order" I have probably been voting more years than you have been alive and I have never seen so little working together. I don't know if you are old enough to remember the Reagan days or even the Clinton days, but Reagan and the Democrats worked together and Clinton and the Republicans did the same. Nita
Well two thirds disagree with the one third, so maybe the one third should work with the two thirds to get things passed. Have you ever thought about that?

Clinton and Reagan never had to deal with the obstructionist that we have now making it near impossible for the majority to pass anything, unless they do everything the minority party wants, which most people would consider holding Congress hostage.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:54 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,104,983 times
Quote:
I, for one, am sick of those who try to paint Vice President Biden as an out of touch fool or as an embarassing old uncle who makes you cringe every time he opens his mouth.

The truth is VP Biden is one of our few elder statesman who really knows what's going on, who the players are, and is respected around the world.

a) they're clueless,

Biden vs. Ryan is the VP debate? Are you serious? I don't usually care for bloodsports but I can't wait to see the VP take Ryan to school. Unlike with Palin, he will not be holding back against the Wisconsin representative nor should he.

I think the main reason that the Republicans hate him is because he doesn't sugarcoat things, like his recent comment regarding the conservatives wanting to unchain the big financial institutions from regulatory oversight and accountability and instead placing the chains on us, the consumers. That is the cold, hard truth that he spoke and they can't handle it.

President Obama needs him out there telling those truths and we, the American people need to hear, understand, and believe those truths.

Vice President Biden calls it like it is and many of us respect the **** out of him for it and that's why he's not going anywhere.

Just my humble opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So Romney really is going to put the Blacks "back in chains" ?
HappyTexan, if you re-read my post (especially the boldface), then you will see that I never that or anything like that.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you were not trying to purposely twist my words into something ugly and racially divisive but in the future, please take the time to read what I actually said and not what you imagined I said.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:01 PM

186 posts, read 263,344 times
If President Obama switches, wouldn't it make it seem like he is now blaming Vice President Biden for everything? Has a switch mid term ever been done before? Maybe VP Biden will suddenly be recorded as having a heart attack, or health reasons for stepping down. As an independent it just seems like President Obama has no loyalty. Would he really abandon his VP?

Old 08-16-2012, 02:07 PM

749 posts, read 838,595 times
I dunno....the "White" House says no on Hillary...

White House says Obama will stick with Biden as running mate - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

Old 08-16-2012, 03:25 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Pelosi would guarantee an Obama loss.

I fully support him picking that devastatingly ugly pile of crap Pelosi.
She was Speaker of the house for four years, and was right under the VP in line of succession to be president, so clearly she is ready for the job. And she is a shining example of a Democratic Party leadership.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:34 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:

a) they're clueless,

Just my humble opinion.
Great comedic post.

Biden is an idiot, and it is terrifying to think he is one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:44 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
She was Speaker of the house for four years, and was right under the VP in line of succession to be president, so clearly she is ready for the job. And she is a shining example of a Democratic Party leadership.
Shining example of a !!!!!

Yeah I'd like to sign/pass something to then find out what's in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

Old 08-16-2012, 03:57 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,104,983 times
Quote:

a) they're clueless,

Just my humble opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Great comedic post.

Biden is an idiot, and it is terrifying to think he is one heartbeat away from the Presidency.
Thank you for proving my point.

Last edited by phlinak; 08-16-2012 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections