U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 08:16 AM

5,787 posts, read 3,980,238 times

Advertisements

In 2009 twenty states cut funding for mammogram screenings for low income women after a government task force made recommendations that women in their 40s should stop routinely having annual mammograms.

But, since when did facts matter to this couple?

First Lady Michelle Obama told supporters last night at a fundraiser that if you elect Mitt Romney women will die from cancer or something crazy like that.

The Examiner reported:
Who knew that cancer would emerge as a leitmotif of the Obama campaign? First Lady Michelle Obama is the latest to invoke cancer on the campaign trail, but she did so to tout Obamacare rather than attack Mitt Romney directly.

“But this election is also a choice about the health of our families,” Mrs. Obama said at a fundraiser this evening. “We all know these stories — the grandparents who couldn’t afford their medications; the families going broke because a child got sick; the woman dying of cancer whose insurance company wouldn’t cover her care. And let me tell you something, that’s what kept Barack going day after day.”

Moments later, she asked (without naming Romney), “Do we want these reforms to be repealed? Because there are those who do. Or do we want the people we love to have the care they need? That’s the choice we face.”

As if no one got cancer treatment before ObamaCare????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 08:21 AM

29,376 posts, read 39,852,115 times
She's absolutely right. That is the choice we face.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She's absolutely right.

So before ObamaCare, people didn't get cancer treatments?

Are you SURE ABOUT THAT?

And what about Obama's own Task Force telling women they didn't need annual mammograms?

Old 08-16-2012, 08:48 AM

775 posts, read 633,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
So before ObamaCare, people didn't get cancer treatments?
Depends. How rich are you?

Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
Doesn't matter when Obama's Task Force tells doctors that they don't need to do annual mammograms.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 AM

6,459 posts, read 4,405,509 times
She's really saying:

"If you vote for Mitt Romney I won't be able to fly separately from my husband on the taxpayers $$ any more."

Old 08-16-2012, 02:30 PM

7,475 posts, read 20,241,564 times
Angry black woman.... She is going to be pi$$ed when she no longer gets to take free vacations on our dime. When that happens, she will kick the little fairy princess' azz for losing so badly...

Old 08-16-2012, 02:32 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,599,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
So now breast cancer only attacked those who are poor?

Do you even think before you key this crap?

Old 08-16-2012, 03:17 PM

6,459 posts, read 4,405,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Angry black woman.... She is going to be pi$$ed when she no longer gets to take free vacations on our dime. When that happens, she will kick the little fairy princess' azz for losing so badly...
Yeah, I can see a divorce.

She's only "tolerating" him now.

Politics = brings out the mud slinging dirt as well as lies/deceit and they both are masters of it.

Why does she have to stoop so low as to say this? Her life hasn't been good enough to and for her? Oh that's right, she wants "more-more-more" for "me-me-me" as "I'm worth it"!

Old 08-19-2012, 02:02 PM

26,857 posts, read 11,272,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Race or sex are not factors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or