Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 06:49 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
AARP represents seniors who pay AARP for membership.

AARP favor Democrats because Democrats back policy that are beneficial to seniors. In this country, Democrats brought us Medicare and Republicans opposed it and have been trying to kill it since 1965.
You couldn't be more wrong. I have friends who are members but know nothing of AARP's political leanings. They are dumb enough to think they are getting discounts for all kinds of things but fail to figure in the cost of their AARP membership. There are stupid people everywhere.

AARP is a colossal ripoff and they represent nobody but themselves.

But you go right ahead and think what you think. Like I said, there are stupid people everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 06:52 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Y
Like I said, there are stupid people everywhere.
I know, I read right-wing posts on CD.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Point-by-point to your talking points:

Medicare Advantage was a boondoggle for insurance companies. Under Medicare Advantage, the Kaiser Family Foundation said, Medicare ends up paying the private plans MORE per enrollee -- about 7% more -- than the fee-for-service program does.
Have some links? Evidence? Anything? Besides, the fact still remains that under ObamaCare it's gone, and Medicare goes broke. Seniors lose under ObamaCare.

Quote:
The Ryan plan does not re-instate the $716 bil. It takes that and more.
False! I have the plan right here. I've read it.

Quote:
The Ryan Plan does not offer more choices. It is designed to kill Medicare. Even if one wanted traditional Medicare, a senior would have to buy that with their voucher.
False again. Simply a lie.

There is no mention of any "vouchers" in the plan. That is a word the Democrats like to use to try to discredit the plan, but they are liars.

I'll say again ... I have the plan here. I've been reading it, and I can tell you everything the Democrats say about it is false.

Quote:
Paul Krugman!!! LOL Krugman is an idiot! He is so discredited! Krugman doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:06 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times
The LAST place I'd trust is AARP!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2012, 07:08 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
ObamaCare ends Medicare Advantage, and Medicare itself will be gone in 12 years if nothing is done to save it.

The Ryan plan saves Medicare and puts back the $716 B Obama robbed from it to pay for ObamaCare.

The Ryan plan changes nothing for those who are now 55 and older.

The Ryan plan offers more choices for future beneficiaries.

I downloaded a copy of the plan to my hard drive and have read it.
Ryan's plan is as simple as it gets. Ask yourself why medicare was created in the first place. It was created to provide health insurance for elderly working Americans who paid a premium for decades that the private for-profit insurance companies would not provide and if they did the costs were prohibited. Clear and simple, not complicated what so ever. In-fact we all know, except for those too stupid to see it, is that for-profit health insurance companies are charging high rates to those who are young, young families, premiums that cost families a $1000 per-month with co-pays and deductibles. Simply not sustainable for millions of Americans let alone old folks on fixed incomes. I don't listen to what the pundits say about this plan, I know what would happen because I've seen it happen before. I've struggled with health insurance companies many times over coverage paid but denied when the chips where down.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:10 AM

Isn't it strange that AARP claims the Romney/Ryan plan attacks Medicare when:

THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS ELECTION WHO'S ACTUALLY STOLEN FROM MEDICARE IS OBAMA

Old 08-18-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Have some links? Evidence? Anything? Besides, the fact still remains that under ObamaCare it's gone, and Medicare goes broke. Seniors lose under ObamaCare.

False! I have the plan right here. I've read it.

False again. Simply a lie.

There is no mention of any "vouchers" in the plan. That is a word the Democrats like to use to try to discredit the plan, but they are liars.

I'll say again ... I have the plan here. I've been reading it, and I can tell you everything the Democrats say about it is false.

Paul Krugman!!! LOL Krugman is an idiot! He is so discredited! Krugman doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Well, the claim by some guy on the internet that a leading Nobel Laureate and Princeton economist -- who has been right throughout this crisis, is "an idiot,' speaks for itself and undermines any hint of credibility that internet guy may have had.

You may want to read:
Romney’s budget plan is a fantasy
and
Medicare trustees: Repealing Obamacare cuts would hasten insolvency

Old 08-18-2012, 07:12 AM

The Romney/Ryan offers seniors the same plan that members of Congress get.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:15 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
AARP is a leftist organization which receives BILLIONS (just the organization, not medicare) through Obamacare. Of course they would say anything.

GOP report: AARP stands to make $1 billion from ObamaCare, IRS should investigate « Hot Air

Obama looted $750 billion from medicare. This will-
a. reduce access for seniors (it may damn near eliminate it with the 30% cut in physician reimbursement)
b. reduce quality of care by limiting care and access
c. reduce availability of non-generic drugs

Only a fool would think that stealing $750 billion from a program would make it stronger. If that is the case, why don't we take $750 billion from Obamacare? I am sure that would make it better. WAKE UP- AARP is just another marxist propaganda unit now, as it is controlled by the left.
All true, and thanks for reminding me that AARP reaps billions from ObamaCare. I had forgotten that little factoid, which is why they support ObamaCare. You are right. They will say anything.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Isn't it strange that AARP claims the Romney/Ryan plan attacks Medicare when:

THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS ELECTION WHO'S ACTUALLY STOLEN FROM MEDICARE IS OBAMA
Politifact: Ryan's plan includes $700 billion in Medicare "cuts," says Stephanie Cutter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections