Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
What would Republicans know about evolution? Conservatives, by definition, don't evolve. So he is either not a conservative or he is a liar. I vote liar.
loll.

You don't even get the 'evolving' joke.

Time flies. How quickly we forget. blah blah blah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 11:56 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Ryan's record shows he has opposed abortion access for rape victims, which is what Akin was talking about with that inflammatory quote. PolitiFact documented Ryan's record.

Oh I see, A Romney Conservative = Politically expedient evolution...got it.
No different than Obama Progressives really are they. Most politicians will sell their souls for power. Sad.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:05 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Seriously? Who gets killed with Obama's evolution? With Ryan's it's innocent babies who, by no fault of their own, were conceived via rape . . . oops I mean legitimate, forceable rape.
Oh, I didn't know you were pro-life. See, you're "evolving" too. Oh wait, that was a joke...

Yeah, I'm not pro-life. Get abortions all you like, I don't give a s***.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Your point is irrelevant. I don't care what liberals are, how dense you are is your concern.

My like or dislike for Ryan has nothing to do with the data presented.

Clearly you're not paying attention.

Ryan's record shows he has opposed abortion access for rape victims, which is what Akin was talking about with that inflammatory quote. PolitiFact documented Ryan's record.
Pretty sure the guys comment was about "legitimate" rape, whereas Ryan voted no government funding to rape victims.

So Akin thinks there is legitimate/illegitimate rape.
Ryan wants no government funding for abortions.

Akin most likely agrees with Ryan's opinion on government funding, Ryan spoke out against the comment. Do you see how things are not black and white? No, probably not.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:32 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
It's interesting that Mitt Romney can't run on his crowning achievement of healthcare in MA and now Ryan can't stand by what he's believed in his whole political career. So sad, that the lust for power has forced them to change into something that doesn't even resemble their true selves.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:26 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
It's interesting that Mitt Romney can't run on his crowning achievement of healthcare in MA and now Ryan can't stand by what he's believed in his whole political career. So sad, that the lust for power has forced them to change into something that doesn't even resemble their true selves.
Pure obamabotism right here....

Old 08-21-2012, 04:20 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Exclamation lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Pretty sure the guys comment was about "legitimate" rape, whereas Ryan voted no government funding to rape victims.

So Akin thinks there is legitimate/illegitimate rape.
Ryan wants no government funding for abortions.

Akin most likely agrees with Ryan's opinion on government funding, Ryan spoke out against the comment. Do you see how things are not black and white? No, probably not.
Ryan has now reversed his previous long held position. The Romney effect...

"a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape" - Romney campaign spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg

PolitiFact found that Ryan had opposed abortion access for rape victims.

No weak explanation you provide changes the data nor this fact.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Ryan has now reversed his previous long held position. The Romney effect...

"a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape" - Romney campaign spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg

PolitiFact found that Ryan had opposed abortion access for rape victims.

No weak explanation you provide changes the data nor this fact.
Um, do you have any basic comprehension skills?

I never said he didn't change his stance to align with Romney. Read little Obamalemming, read.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Is this post a joke?

Can't have more of an impact on pro-choice than voting for a bill that is against it.
No it's not a joke. I know how appalling it is for leftists when people disagree with them, especially on social issues. Some of you guys are incapable of seeing anyone else's view point as being valid. I at least respect your beliefs even though they differ from mine. But then again, it's always us conservatives going on about tolerance. Oh wait...
Ryan has always been pro-life - what you guys are calling "flip flopping" is in fact differences in degree, not principle. Which is why I used the tax analogy. Paul Ryan votes for pro-life bills. He's pro-life. If he were writing the legislation himself, it would allow for abortions in circumstances of rape. But since he isn't writing the legislation, because he's not overly big on social issues, he's voting for bills that mold with his general beliefs even if it is not 100% what he would have written. I don't see what's so hard to understand.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:05 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Exclamation lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post

I never said he didn't change his stance to align with Romney
I didn't ask you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections