Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 04:17 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Interesting article on theroot about this. Apparently he has a black sister in law as well.

It's interesting to me since a poll showed 50 percent of republicans are against interracial marriage. So they probably arnt too thrilled with Ryan even dating a black, let alone having one in the family.

Paul Ryan Had a Black Girlfriend; Does It Matter?
He will lose many tea party votes if this gets out.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:31 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
This only matters to liberals who look for away to make it a negative thing.
that's what I was thinking, who gives a sh@t if he was dating a black chick in college. It's kinda like when liberals tried to make big deal out of Sarah palin sleeping with basketball player glen rice back in the day. You tell me who are the real racists?

Old 08-22-2012, 05:27 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times
Is this for real? Do they have a picture or some biographical information on her? Was it just one date?

I can't visualize this guy with a black chick, but I guess anything is possible.

At any rate, I don't care about Romney/Ryan.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
It only matters if there's a video. And then somebody can make a lot of money off of it. Surely Paul Ryan would endorse this, right? It would be free-market capitalism.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 PM

27,118 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Let me clue you in on a little secret. It is Rush's job to stir the pot. He is paid to be a hack.

On this thread what we have seen is liberal bigotry and idiocy:

1) It is okay for Obama to fund raise with Democrats like Spike Lee that are outspoken against interracial marriage, but Republicans should feel ashamed about some Democrat poll.

2) 46% of Republicans (per a Democrat poll) in probably the most pronounced racist state of Mississippi = a "majority" of republicans "nationwide"

3) The poll didn't ask Democrats...why not? You are fooling yourself if you think the number is 0 in Mississippi.

4) Gallup shows that Democrats are far more likely to discriminate on voting for many characteristics than Republicans, including being a Mormon -- that bigotry is okay though...hence all the "weird" Mormon comments from liberals on this message board.

5) It is okay for Democrats to call conservatives anti-gay slurs, simply because they disagree with them over finance policies. Who cares that doing so perpetuates being gay as something bad.

6) Democrats show a form of bigotry against Tea Party members by assuming the majority do not like interracial dating enough to abandon Paul Ryan for having dated someone in his past.

7) Trying to make Paul Ryan having once dated a woman from another race as a big issue - is soft bigotry.

Your post sums up this thread and this subject very well.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:40 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Politicians have "public" and "private" lives. Thomas Jefferson (and his black mistress & children) and Strom Thurmond (and his black daughter) come to mind.
Are you claiming Ryan never appeared with his black gf in public?
How odd.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 PM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Politicians have "public" and "private" lives. Thomas Jefferson (and his black mistress & children) and Strom Thurmond (and his black daughter) come to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Are you claiming Ryan never appeared with his black gf in public?
How odd.

Many liberals have a very intolerant bigotry towards conservatives where they think all conservatives are racist. So when new information surfaces that is contrary to their bigotry, they are forced to interpret this new information with negative bias spin.

Well, if Paul Ryan had a black girl friend then he must have kept her hidden in his private life, because he is a conservative - aka racist.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:19 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,256 times
Seems the only ones abuzz about this are liberals. You know, the ones obsessed with race and groups. No one else cares. You liberals need to get out of the gutter. Like it or not, most people, most conservatives aren't racist. I know you spread the lie enough that perhaps you believe it. Time to stop the labeling based on lies just so you can get votes from groups of people.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:53 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,163,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Interesting article on theroot about this. Apparently he has a black sister in law as well.

It's interesting to me since a poll showed 50 percent of republicans are against interracial marriage. So they probably arnt too thrilled with Ryan even dating a black, let alone having one in the family.

Paul Ryan Had a Black Girlfriend; Does It Matter?

I think 'they' whoever 'they' are have bigger things to worry about with this election.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
He will lose many tea party votes if this gets out.
if this gets out? What do you think just happened, if it is posted here don't you think it will be blabbed everywhere, but wait: the Republicans are not going to make a deal out of it and the Democrats would be laughed out of town if they did; talk about the race card??? BTW, what do you know about the Tea Party? Obviously not much, just what you and other libs would like to think you know. It isn't based on color, religion, sexual orientation or anything like that, it a group of Americans that want to control where our tax money goes and how much we pay in taxes;;;that is their sole purpose...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections