Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 08:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
yea thats it. and i project that number nationwide. i only hear republicans whining about diversity and multiculturalism and black this black that.
Anyone that would even bring this poll to light sounds like a bigot to me;; I am sure you don't think of yourself that way and I am sure you are not, but that is how it sounds, especially now you admit or realize this was a Mississippi poll and not a national poll. Heck, I know a lot of mixed marriages that happen to be Republicans...How many do mixed married couples do you know that are Democrats? I think this depends on where we live and who we associate with. yes, in the deep south you will not see many mixed couples who are Republicans but that does not hold true throughout the USA>

Old 08-22-2012, 08:54 AM

414 posts, read 344,754 times
Quote:
Interesting article on theroot about this. Apparently he has a black sister in law as well.

It's interesting to me since a poll showed 50 percent of republicans are against interracial marriage. So they probably arnt too thrilled with Ryan even dating a black, let alone having one in the family.

Paul Ryan Had a Black Girlfriend; Does It Matter?
It shouldn't matter. After all, Obama had at least one white boyfriend before he married Michelle.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:58 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtx View Post
Wait a minute, the way this is worded tells me she isn't black anymore. Maybe a la Micheal Jackson, she changed her skin color.

She's either formerly black, now white,,, or she's an ex girlfriend. You can't have it both ways. God~! I do worry about the educational system in this country. sarc on/ laughing at the dumb *******s.
Oh, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usually that crap sticks out like a sore thumb but this time, I missed it.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:00 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I really think this should be repeated. You've seen several republicans in the thread talking about the mixed race families they have. How many liberals have stated that?

I'm right wing and also a mixed race family.

Do you think it bothers gays that teabaggers is being used in such a derogatory way? Do liberals care?
They don't care that they can't keep their silly little slurs straight. I remind them often, but they keep on looking stupid. Maybe they can't read. We already know they can't comprehend.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If true, it definitely brings his conservative credentials into question.
what is that supposed to mean? One of the most conservative couples I have ever known went to our church in NM. They were black and their son was about as conservative: married to a white woman. What about our supreme court justice? Why would you connect conservative credentials with race?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Interesting article on theroot about this. Apparently he has a black sister in law as well.

It's interesting to me since a poll showed 50 percent of republicans are against interracial marriage. So they probably arnt too thrilled with Ryan even dating a black, let alone having one in the family.

Paul Ryan Had a Black Girlfriend; Does It Matter?

It doesn't matter to me, but then again, I'm not a republican.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:10 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
you have to go back to the 60's and the civil rights movement.

the whites who spilled ketchup and drinks on democrat whites and black people trying to integrate in the south. the white liberal freedom riders who were beaten by the white republicans.

those whites are still alive, and they are the old guard of the GOP.

thats why it doesnt surprise me that so many republicans are against interracial marriage.

it may not be 50 percent nationwide, but its over 35 percent.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:17 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Quote:
Yet who even brings this up? Liberals. Paul Ryan nor any other GOP member was running around screaming, "hey, Ryan dated a black woman"

Most of the time, liberals and the media are the ones who bring up race. Yet we are supposed to believe that is us that are obsessed with race....

Old 08-22-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
and you really think this matters to Republicans? What a joke some people are....

Old 08-22-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
you have to go back to the 60's and the civil rights movement.

the whites who spilled ketchup and drinks on democrat whites and black people trying to integrate in the south. the white liberal freedom riders who were beaten by the white republicans.

those whites are still alive, and they are the old guard of the GOP.

thats why it doesnt surprise me that so many republicans are against interracial marriage.

it may not be 50 percent nationwide, but its over 35 percent.
It isn't 35 or even 25% nationwide, you are just making up numbers. In case you don't know this, we are livin gin the 21st century, not 1960; I doubt you were even alive then...to be honest, even 50 years ago the majority of racists still lived in the south...I am talking true racists...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections