Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 04:42 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This is a personal MEDICAL issue. It has no place in politics. And I am writing my check today to Harry Reid. I may hate and loathe Obama....but this one issue, regarding women's rights...has me now a card carrying Democrat.
You can vote Libertarian There is another choice....

Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Given those two choices only, I will pay more in taxes and welfare if that will stop murder.
You want to stop murder - stop wars of choice and world wide hunger

Old 08-24-2012, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Women: You MUST get out and vote this Nov. GOP is attempting to turn back the hands of time in regards to how women are treated and their rights. Don't sit silent and take it. If all eligible women vote, the GOP will be crushed.
And if you care about the economy, and unjust wars, and respect for women
and EVERYONE else vote Libertarian.

America should not be for sale - you've already been fooled twice -
don't get fooled again....

Bush "Fool Me Once..." - YouTube

Obama will cut deficit in half FEB 2009 - YouTube

GARY JOHNSON You ARE Libertarian - YouTube

Old 08-24-2012, 05:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I am darkly amused by the willingness of the Right to stop abortion as if it is some great sin but are equally vocal about detonating A 1,000 pound bomb is a poor neighborhood a world away in order to KILL somebody they suspect may be a terrorist. They are overwhelmingly distressed about removing a non-viable fetus but are thrilled if a dozen or so girls, boys, women and children are also killed in their attack on Islamic evil.

I can only conclude that these twisted people are more concerned with controlling their world including evil women (all women are evil because they distract men from the male hunting pack) and even more evil Muslims. They must use the force of law to make women have their babies because they cannot be certain the woman they impregnated will because she wants to. They also commit random murder (dropping non specific ordinance that kills many civilians is not a military action but simple mass murder) of people that worship the same God but in an unacceptable manner.

A woman choosing to abort a fetus is not committing murder but anyone ordering a killing of civilians for whatever reason certainly is. Killing more people than the intended target is mass murder.

IMHO – RW males are too cowardly to allow women to choose and too deluded by religion to resist the presumed glory of killing people without caring if they are a threat or actually guilty of anything or not.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:33 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
That stand didn't work to win in 2008. If the Republicans lose again in 2012, then they had best change their tune. The year is 2012, not 1912.
Funny, you seemed to have missed an election in there somewhere...

Old 08-24-2012, 05:49 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
anyone ordering a killing of civilians for whatever reason certainly is. Killing more people than the intended target is mass murder.

IMHO – RW males are too cowardly to allow women to choose and too deluded by religion to resist the presumed glory of killing people without caring if they are a threat or actually guilty of anything or not.
Greg, I too would stop the godless wars for profit that the powers of this planet are continualy waging if I could. I can't, and neither can you. More people are dying from abortion in the US than in all the wars being fought throughout the whole world. I can vote to stop abortion.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You want to stop murder - stop wars of choice and world wide hunger
I would love to Pollyrobin. Tell me how to do it!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:05 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
G.O.P. Platform « White House 2012

We all have a moral obligation to assist, not to penalize, women struggling with the challenges of an unplanned pregnancy. At its core, abortion is a fundamental assault on the sanctity of innocent human life. Women deserve better than abortion.

They deserve not to be able to have them?
Your last question seems shifty. "They deserve not to be able to have them?"...sounds like this is phrased as an attack on pro-life. Yes - woman deserve to have the right to be woman with out being harassed about their ability to give birth. The term "planned" really bothers me..They act as if "planned" has always been the case through out human history...This is new stuff...No one in the last 50 thousand years planned to have children- they were a natural event and just happened.

Woman since they were "liberated" into the labor market have lost their right to be just a woman..being JUST a woman now is deemed to be some sort of shame or sin.. Woman do not "struggle with the challenges of an unplanned pregnancy". The struggle with the persecution and a certain spite some have towards woman baring a child.

There are people who go out of their way to make things difficult- There are insidious economic forces that for the first time in human history tell woman- You can not AFFORD a child...which is odd seeing that for thousands of years no one could afford a child yet they were born and we are here.

Abortion has existed in many forms for hundreds of years..There were honor killings of the unborn- There were was the disposal of full term female children. There is a difference in today's world- Most abortions take place for trivial reasons...or take place in the simple fact that young woman are coerced and threatened into having them...and abortion is now normalized to the same level of acceptance as going to the dentist..Abortion has seen it's day- It's a dated procedure - old fashioned and backwards...The time is coming when more human and civilized options will prevail...We thankfully are evolving out of the abortion era...

Birth of a human being is never a curse- It is only a curse when society has the attitude that children are "Unwanted" _ Usually they are unwanted by everyone other than the mother...abortion has become about others minding the business of others- who have no business in the breeding career of others...Abortion proponents are busy bodies...interfering in the bodies that are not their bodies.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:52 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Given those two choices only, I will pay more in taxes and welfare if that will stop murder.
My mother said too me when a woman I was with became pregnant with our first child. She said- "tell her to have an abortion- who is going to PAY for this child"? My first daughter was born- We named her Faith....other children were born after wards....If I would have listened to my stingy mother (who later said she was sorry for the comment).........Thousands of OTHER children would have suffered.

Recently my eldest daughter moved in to assist her dad with expenses...A few minutes ago she left for work..She works for a well know non-governmental agency..He job is too keep lines of good will and communications open between her charity and lots of rich people with old money...She manages through her personality and spirit - to gather up millions of dollars. Money that has built over 700 schools world wide..freed children from child labor..fed hungry parents so they had the strength to take care of their own kids.

To be blunt- I do not believe in killing angels and aborting their landings on earth. My first born has made the world better...As I mentioned with out Faith in the world...the place would be much darker...THANK GOD...for the faith I had in the holiness of human birth....Every person conceived has a purpose- This is something you can not explain to pro-choice advocates- The believe in the idea of unwanted children- There is no such thing.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:54 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
G.O.P. Platform « White House 2012

We all have a moral obligation to assist, not to penalize, women struggling with the challenges of an unplanned pregnancy. At its core, abortion is a fundamental assault on the sanctity of innocent human life. Women deserve better than abortion.

They deserve not to be able to have them?
If you lose a close election I want you to think about all of those potential Democrat voters you guys murdered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections