Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:23 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times

Advertisements

Sex scandals never turn out well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 09:31 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Minnesota lawmaker urged to step aside after rest-stop liaison with 17-year-old boy | Fox News

A Minnesota state lawmaker who authorities say admitted having a liaison with a 17-year-old boy at a rest stop faced calls from party leaders on Monday to give up his re-election bid.

Rep. Kerry Gauthier, 56, hasn't been charged in the July incident, and authorities said he wouldn't be because the boy was older than 16, the legal age of consent, and no money was exchanged. Police say the teenager responded to the lawmaker's Craigslist ad for "no strings attached" sex.

Gauthier admitted to the liaison, according to police reports made public late last week. The teen told police the two had oral sex, according to the reports.

The scandal has hurt Democrats' hopes of retaking at least one chamber of the Legislature. They need to pick up at least six seats in the House, and Gauthier's Duluth-area seat is usually reliably Democratic. But if he drops out, any Democrat seeking to replace him would have to run as a write-in candidate, making the race much more difficult to win

Read more: Minnesota lawmaker urged to step aside after rest-stop liaison with 17-year-old boy | Fox News

Where is the media coverage on MSNNBC, CNN, etc.....ofcourse media biased is what they preach!
This is a local lawmaker. Akin would be a Senator for the entire country. Big difference, but nice faux outrage. Oh, and guess what? He probably will step down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I thought libs were above the law and that it was okay? He will just need to call Bo, just as John Corzinne did, and get a DOJ "get out of jail free" pass- Obama has given out a lot of them.
What law did he break, hawkeye? Or do you not bother reading more than the headline like everyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
there was no AFFAIR
they had oral sex at a rest stop
why is THIS not being talked about non stop??
Why do you keep trying to bull**** us by saying you area a Dem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
It is disgusting how the main stream media is so biased! And the left are also staying quite about this. But they sure can spew venom about Akins comments.
stayinformed, you too should try out this thing called reading. This man did something disgusting, but it was not illegal. Furthermore, he is a local politician. If he were running for U.S. Senate, you couldn't look me in the eye and say every news outlet wouldn't be reporting that because you would know that to be false. As for Akins, it isn't just the left that's spewing venom. Is your username one of those ironic ones?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:38 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If my 17 year old son was hooking up with 56 year old creeps, my issue would be not only with my son, but also how I raised my son. I have no control over 56 year old creeps that dont reside inside my household
Sure whatever...but I'm not kosher with the idea of creeps existing to begin with.

I don't care what anyone says...a 56 year old hooking up with a 17 year old is immoral. There is no parity in the level of maturity of any 17 year old in comparison to anyone pushing 60.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Additionally, many lawmakers have stepped down for doing things short of illegal that made their constituency question their judgment. I think this is pretty clear cut enough to fall into that category. Crazy that some people do not.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Sure whatever...but I'm not kosher with the idea of creeps existing to begin with.

I don't care what anyone says...a 56 year old hooking up with a 17 year old is immoral. There is no parity in the level of maturity of any 17 year old in comparison to anyone pushing 60.
It's up to each individual to decide what's moral.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:46 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post

The age gap creeps me out as well, but I don't particularly find it immoral.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
This was an encounter which was consentual and that did not violate the law. The voters will make up their own minds whether 1) doing something like this in a public place, or 2) doing this with someone that much younger demonstrates the level of judgement and character they want to see in their elected official.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:51 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Did the left and media not freak out about a repub posting a shirtless pic on Craigslist? Yet they see no issue with this creepy disgusting weirdness?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Did the left and media not freak out about a repub posting a shirtless pic on Craigslist? Yet they see no issue with this creepy disgusting weirdness?
I honestly didn't hear about that, so I can't comment on it.

Why this particular incident is honestly a non-issue is that the person in question was a single, homosexual individual that engaged in consensual relations.

The only eyebrow raising part is the age gap.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I honestly didn't hear about that, so I can't comment on it.

Why this particular incident is honestly a non-issue is that the person in question was a single, homosexual individual that engaged in consensual relations.

The only eyebrow raising part is the age gap.
A 17-year-old is a teenager. Legal or not, the gap is not as disgusting as the age of the boy. Just change "boy" to "girl" and legal or not, the fact that she was 17 makes this an issue.

Funny, it fit the leftie narrative to call 17-year-old Trayvon Martin a "child". But now a 17-year-old is a consenting adult?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections