Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 06:28 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times

Advertisements

Ann Romney's speech didn't have much content, but I like her relaxed persona
so I give her a thumbs up

I felt sorry for Chris Christie's father, what?... no words of wisdom from him
The whole, who wears the pants in the family stereotype gets old.

I simply choose to ignore Santorum so no comments there.

Too much emphasis on "I built that" throughout the night - okay we got it already.

Ms Northern Exposure Turner - don't dare take James Madison quotes to suit your
evangelical Constitution Party mission...

The highlight for this atheist
was the Operatic version of Greenwood's "God Bless America" - well done.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:29 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,823,173 times
Now we know why Christie wasn't the VP choice of Romney, the speech was all about Christie and setting the stage for him in 2016. Saintorum could barely stomach a mention of Romney and Ann, well, showed she is a loving, dutiful wife.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:37 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,128,577 times
Looks like the mystery guest could very well be Clint Eastwood.

Quote:
Townhall‘s Guy Benson has word from a source that the actor is headed to Tampa. The A-lister’s name has been among those bandied about as the advertised mystery speaker for Thursday night. Inbound?

Report: Clint Eastwood headed to Tampa « Hot Air

Old 08-29-2012, 07:00 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Did you watch all of them from 7:00P on or only the ones the cable news channels bothered to show because if you watched all of them, you wouldn not say that, I don't think. John Kasick and Rick Santorum by far had the best speeches and best delivery , followed by Nikki Haley and Ted Cruz but I had to tune in to C-SPAN to see them.

I don't know why channels like Fox News go all the way to Florida to attend the convention with hordes of on air personalities just so we can see them chatter with each other like any other day. I give their coverage a D -. It seems to me they went there just for easy interview access to big names.
Too bad Santorum's speech was full of lies and deception.

CNN Fact Check: Santorum misleads on 'dependence' - CNN.com

Quote:
In addition to repeating a debunked claim that Obama rolled back work requirements for welfare recipients, Santorum said that under the Obama administration, "the dream of freedom and opportunity has become a nightmare of dependence, with almost half of America receiving some sort of government assistance."
Quote:
As of June 2011, 49% of Americans received some sort of financial support from the government, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. So that figure has some basis in fact.
GOP stars throw support behind Romney

-- But the number includes more than just people receiving anti-poverty assistance. It also includes Social Security and Medicare, the federal pension and health care programs for seniors -- programs that are funded by workers' payroll taxes and aren't typically associated with concerns about dependency. It also includes other benefits, such as worker's compensation or educational assistance for veterans.
The DNC will be full of the same lies they spew themselves but it seems that the short term memories for most Americans is terrible so keep on voting for the liars that got us into this situation in the first place.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Too bad Santorum's speech was full of lies and deception.

CNN Fact Check: Santorum misleads on 'dependence' - CNN.com

The DNC will be full of the same lies they spew themselves but it seems that the short term memories for most Americans is terrible so keep on voting for the liars that got us into this situation in the first place.
Rove taught all of them that continuous repeated lies, work! Much better than the truth and so much easier to target certain people to use.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:16 AM

"Everything you need to know" about 1st day...

Wonkbook: Everything you need to know about day one of the Republican National Convention

Old 08-29-2012, 07:18 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Rove taught all of them that continuous repeated lies, work! Much better than the truth and so much easier to target certain people to use.
If you lie enough it will eventually be the truth right?

I have ten million dollars

<checks bank account>

Nope. Not working.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 AM

The reason Isaac can't get thru New Orleans is because there is so much sucking going on across the Gulf, at the Tampa Convention Center.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,497,625 times
Default Racist Delegates at RNC Shout Down Speaker From Puerto Rico

Chaos On The GOP Convention Floor - YouTube

Yes, this is a sure fire way to garner the hispanic vote.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:36 AM

7,795 posts, read 6,366,001 times
Even the flaming communist loons at the Daily Kos admit that they were booing because they wanted to unseat the Ron Paul delegates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.