Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 05:12 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think America has made it clear that we don't want Ron Paul for our President. Any attempt to thwart Romney is an attempt to re-seat Barack Obama. And for that reason, I have lost respect for Pauls supporters.
Well because there's truly little difference between Obama and Romney other than skin color and the letter behind their name. Both support the "Patriot" Act, NDAA, TARP/bailouts, government interference in healthcare, interventionist foreign policy, the Federal Reserve system, warrantless wiretapping, Israel first in foreign policy, torture, Gitmo, the MIC, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Let's be clear: Mitt Romney has the RNC nomination wrapped up no matter what you Ron Paulian blow hards say, think, or do. Give it a rest.
Well yes because no matter what happens the RNC will either cheat or change the rules to ensure Mittens gets his coronation. Look I realized it was over back after Ron lost the Iowa caucus but that doesn't make the blatant fraud, cheating, intimidation, and arbitrary rules changes any better. The whole RNC is a corrupt and dying organization. You can mock us "Ron Paulian blow hards" all you want but Mittens will regret his shady actions when us "Ron Paulian blow hards" either stay home, write in Ron Paul, or vote for Gary Johnson or Virgil Goode. I'm no fan of corporate bootlicking, war loving, big government Keynesian Obama but him winning would be just desserts to Mittens and the whole RNC.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess we are supposed to forget the primaries: the voters made their views known: they choose Romney. Some will just not accept this. The interesting thing, I did not vote for Romney, he was at the bottom of my choice list and I still fully back him. This is what being a true Republican means to me. others are really not Republicans.....or maybe we can say, they are just sore losers.
Oh the irony of it all. These arcane and arbitrary delegate rules were originally set up as a safeguard against Ron Paul types but Ron Paul and his supporters turned the tables on the RNC and they didn't like it one bit. Being that you admit fully to putting party above all and that you're a just a Republican "team player" I would bet a week's salary that if RP got the popular vote and Mittens was gaming the delegate system you'd be cheering it on as to "save" the GOP from an "extremist." Give me a break, you act like Ron Paul was committing fraud, he was using the RNC's own rules! Now what have they done? Just changed the rules to continue suppressing the Republican wing of the Republican party.

Supporting someone just because they have the right letter behind their name is a big part of the problem in this nation. I don't think you realize the gallons of blood people like you have on your hands. As the republic lays dying there you are being a "team player."

Old 08-25-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The people chose Romney. Stop playing little games trying to change the will of the millions of Americans that voted in the Republican Primaries.
You mean little games the RNC set up themselves as a safeguard against someone like Ron Paul? You mean those little games?

Old 08-25-2012, 05:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I think the interesting part will be the stink the Paul delegates have the potential of making on the floor of the convention over the whole thing. Romney may be praying for that hurricane to hit and knock out a chunk of the coverage before the whole thing is through.
not, he has the votes and now he is getting Santorums. It is over, but in case you haven't heard, the first day of the convention will start Monday, which was the day I thought is was to start anyway..

Old 08-25-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Man, you are sooo right on! The future of America should be first on the list of importance. Doesn't Paul not realize that if obama is reelected neither he nor his son will EVER see the presidency?!. By 2016, obama will have all the power and it will not be a Democratic power and the Republicans will have no power and the Libertarian's will have no power. The power will belong to Communism. A GLOBAL economy. You don't have to love Romney, just hate Communism. Please watch 2016: Obama's America.
Oh lord the drama! Mitt and Obama are the same person! They have the same policies! Please stop listening to the propaganda and look at their actual voting histories and their actual words. Mitt Romney, Barack Obama, Paul Ryan, Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, John McCain, George W. Bush, it's all the same! No matter who gets elected nothing of substance will change.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:25 PM

39 posts, read 25,127 times
Quote:
not, he has the votes and now he is getting Santorums. It is over, but in case you haven't heard, the first day of the convention will start Monday, which was the day I thought is was to start anyway..
The speech wasn't until Wednesday. The RNC pushed it back to Monday out of fear that the media coverage will expose the overwhelming Ron Paul support.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:29 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
what are you going to do when next week is over and Paul is no longer even an issue. Will you keep telling us, how bad the RNC is and how Paul will still find a way to win? Or will you finally realize he did not get the nomination..I would think Santorum's turning his delegates over would be enough for you to accept what was obvious to the majority of Republicans months ago...
Santorum's delegates hopefully can think for themselves and they may not be so fond of Romney.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I guess we are supposed to forget the primaries: the voters made their views known: they choose Romney. Some will just not accept this. The interesting thing, I did not vote for Romney, he was at the bottom of my choice list and I still fully back him. This is what being a true Republican means to me. others are really not Republicans.....or maybe we can say, they are just sore losers.
But the delegates did not choose Romney and the delegates' votes are what counts.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Let me guess...you're a disgruntled Paul Bot?

I didn't know Ron Paul was still running. I haven't seen an ad in eons. Ron Paul doesn't have enough support to have any hope of winning, and his staying in the race only serves to help Barack Obama.

The goal of 2012 for conservatives of all stripes should be to defeat Barack Obama. Originally, I would have preferred another candidate, but it is Romney who has emerged as the one with the most support to be the nominee. I throw my support behind the Romney/Ryan ticket, which I believe is a very strong ticket.

Paul should have pulled out long ago. For Paul supporters to so steadfastly stand behind a candidate who has not a prayer of winning is, frankly, stupid. Would you rather have Barack H. Obama for another four years? It sounds to me as though that is the case.

The choice we have before us is saving the country, or seeing it destroyed by Barack Obama's Marxist agenda. There is only one way to move here, and it isn't "Forward." It is "backward." This bus MUST be turned around.

Mitt Romney has the skills we need. As a man who knows how to run a business successfully, with his skills in money management, and job creation, we have a man that we know is competent to put our country back on track. And with Paul Ryan, who is said to know the "numbers" better than anyone else on Capital Hill, we have the complete package; a team that can speak the language needed to get our financial house in order and stimulate growth in the private sector without massive government spending adding to our debt and deficit.

It's time for Paul supporters to get on board the bus that is headed in the right direction.
The ones that say Obama and Romney on them are headed over steep cliffs. Are those the ones you are talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections