Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 06:20 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times

Advertisements

Who whines more? Obaby or Ron Paul supporters. Doesn't really matter - there's no difference between the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 07:09 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Default birthers to speak at RNC

i'm actually pretty surprised by this. i thought the RNC would completely reject anything even remotely connected to birtherism but instead they are inviting the two highest profile birthers, donald trump and sheriff joe arpaio, to speak at the convention.

Sheriff Joe now headed for Tampa

Donald Trump gets ?surprise? convention role - Manu Raju - POLITICO.com

i also note that linda lingle has decided not to attend the convention even tho she is running for senate. not too surprising seeing as trump and arpaio are basically calling the former governor a liar ( altho i was personally hoping for a face-to-face between the three ).

No Republican National Convention for Lingle - Honolulu Civil Beat - DC808

Old 08-26-2012, 07:12 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
And a man who cheated on his wife, while in the White House and was disbarred is speaking at the DNC Convention. I think we both know which is worse.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:16 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so we are supposed to just not support anyone, is that what you are saying? I didn't say I couldn't stand his ideas or anything else, I said he was not my choice, but I also think he is the best of what there will be to support. I have given some thought to supporting Gary Johnson to tell the truth, but my brain tells me I will support Romney. As for the Paul supporters, I have no problem with them and have said over and over, they are strong, dedicated and loyal. I do have a problem with their constant whining and I do think, if they were true Republicans they would get behind the party choice. If Paul had decided to run as an independent I would understand their supporting them. If he was the choice of the Libartarians, I would feel the same, but he is not, hande lost the nomination and that should be the end. Instead, there are a handful who are acting like a bunch of cry baby, elementary kids. BTW, that isn't all of the Paul supporters, some have decided to support Johnson, some Romeney and some Obama. Those are not the ones who intend on disrupting the convention.

I feel about supporting Romney the way many Democrats felt about supporting Obama, he was not their choice but they did not go to the convention and try to disrupt it.

Nita
This is the post I was responding to:

Quote:
I guess we are supposed to forget the primaries: the voters made their views known: they choose Romney. Some will just not accept this. The interesting thing, I did not vote for Romney, he was at the bottom of my choice list and I still fully back him. This is what being a true Republican means to me. others are really not Republicans.....or maybe we can say, they are just sore losers.
Instead of addressing the OP's concerns, a bunch of people on this board who are supposedly Republicans just instantly attacked her (see Trace above for a prime example). I see a lot of whining and name-calling in the quoted posts, don't you, nita? It's almost bullying, telling someone to get in line if they're a "true Republican." I don't even like Ron Paul, I think his only legitimate beef is with the "Let's invade EVERYBODY!" crowd (and let's be fair, it takes both Republicans and Democrats to do that awful tango).

Old 08-26-2012, 07:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
And a man who cheated on his wife, while in the White House and was disbarred is speaking at the DNC Convention. I think we both know which is worse.
the birthers, of course.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:26 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
They let the birthers speak but they tried to change their own rules to prevent a candidate who one at least 5 states from speaking? This is just another reason why the GOP will never retake the white house from Obama.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:31 PM

345 posts, read 642,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Who whines more? Obaby or Ron Paul supporters. Doesn't really matter - there's no difference between the two.
Grow up. As I predicted, nobody wants to discuss the points bought up by the Paul supporters in this thread.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:43 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Can't blame Lingle one bit. If I was a Republican running for Senate in a state as blue as Hawaii, I'd stay on the islands too...as far away as you can get from Tampa.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:43 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I dont need to see anything. I have no questions about him being born in Hawaii. If they want to think that, that is their problem. But that is not worse than Clinton.
Seriously? The former is a racism-induced delusion. The latter is something that happens everyday; there normally just isn't a Republican witch hunt about it.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:46 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Unreal! They're letting birth Trump speak but Ron Paul, who actually won all 5 states in the primaries, they are trying to prevent from speaking. Republican logic sure is a mystery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections