Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 04:38 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
Just DISGRACEFUL, to say the LEAST...
I think George Romney was an honorable man. I think it's a good thing George Romney is dead; I don't think George Romney would have wanted to know what his son has done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 05:24 AM

441 posts, read 501,237 times
It's one thing for a rich businessman to want to practice "tax avoidance". It is what capitalists do.

But it is not patriotic, it is not contributing your fair share. When a rich businessman decides he wants to run for President - well, in the past he only thought of his personal financial interests, not the country's. What will he value in the future? He's complaining he paid "at least" 13% income tax. Wow, that's pathetic. He should have been bragging about how much he was helping his country. And no, giving generously to the Mormon Church is not charity benefitting his fellow Americans: it's a sect, defending sectarian interests.

A patriot who was pro-Vietnam War should have served in the Vietnam War, not been hanging around in France, annoying French people trying to recruit them to his sect. It's a question of patriotism.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:49 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
It's one thing for a rich businessman to want to practice "tax avoidance". It is what capitalists do.

But it is not patriotic, it is not contributing your fair share. When a rich businessman decides he wants to run for President - well, in the past he only thought of his personal financial interests, not the country's. What will he value in the future? He's complaining he paid "at least" 13% income tax. Wow, that's pathetic. He should have been bragging about how much he was helping his country. And no, giving generously to the Mormon Church is not charity benefitting his fellow Americans: it's a sect, defending sectarian interests.

A patriot who was pro-Vietnam War should have served in the Vietnam War, not been hanging around in France, annoying French people trying to recruit them to his sect. It's a question of patriotism.
How much taxes have you paid more than you had to? Americans hate to pay one penny to the IRS more than is legally required. Romey's 13.9% is most likely 10 times more than you pay. He must be more patriotic than you.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:12 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Stop with the tax return nonsense already. Pull your heads out of the sand and look at the economic mess that our country is in. High unemployment, the national debt, the housing mess, a faltering economy, reckless spending.

Obama ignored these problems while pushing for socialized health care. Only after he burdened us with Obamacare did he start throwing stimulus money at the economy.

This election will be decided on Obama's record of the past four years, not Romney's tax records. Do you really want to entrust the future of our country to a political neophyte whose record exemplifies failure?

Sure Romney isn't perfect, but you can't even begin to compare Romney's political and business experience with Obama's. It's not even close. Heck, even Paul Ryan is more qualified to hold the office than when Obama was elected four years ago.
We don't need a tax cheat for President!!!

Old 09-08-2012, 12:18 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
We don't need a tax cheat for President!!!

Then maybe Obama should resign?

I wonder if he paid the proper taxes on his real estate deal with convicted felon Tony Rezco?

By the way.....if ANYONE here can prove Romney cheated on his taxes, then please tell the IRS about it because they certainly don't think he did or they'd have charged him with it by now.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:32 AM

441 posts, read 501,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
How much taxes have you paid more than you had to? Americans hate to pay one penny to the IRS more than is legally required. Romey's 13.9% is most likely 10 times more than you pay. He must be more patriotic than you.
I don't want to be President. I am not draping myself in the flag to get elected. Gosh, if I paid only 13.9% taxes I would be delighted but, then again, I'm not running for President and flaunting my lack of patriotism.

I have to ask: I've noticed the Republican posters on here - c'mon you guys don't have big salaries, most of you are blue-collar, right? No money. One of the most aggressive right-wing posters on here complains that her husband is unemployed, she can't sell her house, she can't add her adult children to her health insurance because she and her husband can't afford to have health insurance. And yet, she's rabidly pro-tea party. Yeah, right, reducing the taxes of the very wealthy = a better standard of living for lower middle-class people cause naturally all those ultra-rich people who will get tax breaks will translate their extra moola into well-paid jobs for currently unemployed Republicans. C'mon - where's the common sense in that?

The Republicans are just exploiting you guys - they can't win with the 1%, can they? No, so they have to try to appeal to people who are broke but for some odd reason think they'd be just fine if the very, very rich are just fine. The very rich will not only not give you jobs... they wouldn't even speak to you. They are snobs, you know, "you people" (to quote Ann Romney) are just good enough to exploit for your votes - but otherwise? Not their kind of people.

About the only honest thing Dubya ever said: he addressed a gala for millionaire donors. All dressed up in a tuxedo, he said in his speech "you are the haves and the have mores.. some people call you the elite - I call you my base".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections