Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:34 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
What Do Mormons Believe? - ABC News

NBC gets no Romney campaign help on Mormon special

Remind me again, did these networks do specials on Reverend Wright and black liberation theology in 2008? Did they care then, what exactly it was the Obama's church of 20 years taught, believed?

They dont even try to hide their bias anymore. They just do it.
TYPICAL MARXIST PROPAGANDA FROM THE LIBERAL LEFT MEDIA.

Why don't they run a "special" on-

1. 8.3 % unemployment
2. real unemployment at 20%
3. national debt at $16 trillion
4. annual deficit of $1.3 trillion
5. no budget for three years
6. no economic plan to reverse the economy
7. Obamacare- the largest tax increase in US history
8. Obamacare- looting $750 billion from Medicare
9. No new offshore drilling
10. Bans on oilshale production
11. Plans to shut down the coal industry
12. opposition to national right to work act
13. Suing Arizona over enforcing federal immigration laws (and losing)
14. Refusing enforcement of US immigration law for children of illegals
15. Solyndra
16. Fast and Furious
17. Refusing to prosecute John Corzinne and the Black Panthers
18. refusal to renegotiate NAFTA and China trade policies
19. banning Keystone pipeline
20. alienating traditional US allies and embracing the Muslim Brotherhood

the list goes on. Let's vote.

Obama is already gone. Only the far left, who cannot accept his defeat, cling to him like he is Hitler in the bunker in 1945. The stalwarts of the democratic party have already accepted his defeat and are preparing for 2016.

Obama is gone. Only the delusional far left clings to the possibility of his re-election. It is both amusing and pathetic, as obviously they cannot see the writing on the wall.

Please sign up for a "list" of people who really (not just fantasy, but think this is will actually happen) think that Obama will win in 2012. We can re-hash this list again in November after the election, for all those who wish to tow the liberal party line and look ridiculous.

Please list===================
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 08:58 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
TYPICAL MARXIST PROPAGANDA FROM THE LIBERAL LEFT MEDIA.

Why don't they run a "special" on-

1. 8.3 % unemployment
2. real unemployment at 20%
3. national debt at $16 trillion
4. annual deficit of $1.3 trillion
5. no budget for three years
6. no economic plan to reverse the economy
7. Obamacare- the largest tax increase in US history
8. Obamacare- looting $750 billion from Medicare
9. No new offshore drilling
10. Bans on oilshale production
11. Plans to shut down the coal industry
12. opposition to national right to work act
13. Suing Arizona over enforcing federal immigration laws (and losing)
14. Refusing enforcement of US immigration law for children of illegals
15. Solyndra
16. Fast and Furious
17. Refusing to prosecute John Corzinne and the Black Panthers
18. refusal to renegotiate NAFTA and China trade policies
19. banning Keystone pipeline
20. alienating traditional US allies and embracing the Muslim Brotherhood

the list goes on. Let's vote.

Obama is already gone. Only the far left, who cannot accept his defeat, cling to him like he is Hitler in the bunker in 1945. The stalwarts of the democratic party have already accepted his defeat and are preparing for 2016.

Obama is gone. Only the delusional far left clings to the possibility of his re-election. It is both amusing and pathetic, as obviously they cannot see the writing on the wall.

Please sign up for a "list" of people who really (not just fantasy, but think this is will actually happen) think that Obama will win in 2012. We can re-hash this list again in November after the election, for all those who wish to tow the liberal party line and look ridiculous.

Please list===================
You know, I saw something this evening. It was a little blurb about a Paul Krugman piece. So of course, I didnt read Krugman's piece because I will never ever contribute to a "click" on his NYT page for him. He doesnt deserve it. His basic rant was how he cant trust an Ayn Rand fan like Paul Ryan.

So of course, immediately these two guys come to mind:

the wanna be Reverend, Jeremiah Wright

Frank Marshall Davis

Maybe Krugs just never heard of those two guys. Or, he is a fan of someone who is a fan of those two losers.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:51 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,088 times
Quote:

Remind me again, did these networks do specials on Reverend Wright and black liberation theology in 2008? Did they care then, what exactly it was the Obama's church of 20 years taught, believed?

Oh, without a doubt, this is blatant bias by the wicked Liberal media...across the board. Romney's toughest opponant is not the incumbent Prez, but, clearly, the MSM.

But, watching those ''Mormon'' Specials revealing that cult...with all their deceitful, false religion ways, it causes ANY true Christian....much concern to think a potential future POTUSA follows such a false Doctrine.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:03 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
All religions need followers to take an enormous leap of faith. Mormonism is no different.
Yup.

Mormonism is no better or worse than my own faith. We all choose to believe what we choose to believe. But I'll take Romney's Mormonism over whateverthehell obama is supposed to be this week.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:09 AM

197 posts, read 212,960 times
You wouldn't take Mormonism if you knew what it is about.

Unless, of course, that you believe that Jesus came to the Americas after his resurrection.

Or that Native Americans (ie, Indians) are somehow related to a lost tribe from Israel.

Or that Jesus and Satan are brothers.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:

Is Mormonism dirty and not to be talked about?

Last edited by jojajn; 08-25-2012 at 12:31 AM..

Old 08-25-2012, 12:25 AM

Well, if you don't believe that God lives on a planet named Kolob as the Mormons do ......

Old 08-25-2012, 12:28 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
Quote:

Good point, if they had, intelligent voters would not have made such a huge mistake and my health insurance rates would not have tripled last year.

Katspur, thank you for clarifying the real meaning of communtiy leadership:

"That's hardly a reasonable question. The LDS Church has a lay priesthood. Its local congregations are staffed by members of the Church, who volunteer their time without pay. Mitt Romney was a bishop, which means he presided over an LDS congregation for a period of about five years. I'm a Mormon, and I've had bishops who were broadcast journalists, doctors, lawyers, professional genealogists, etc. They work 40-hour weeks at their careers and then put in another 15-20 hours a week in leadership of a congregation. They have no divinity degree and have not attended a theological seminary to be trained for this position. They simply are taking a turn in service to a congregation and then, afterwards, simply become a member of the congregation again. Hundreds of thousands of men have held the office of "bishop" in the LDS Church and have then been "called" to be the congregational chorister, organist, greeter at the door, Sunday School teacher, co-nursery leader of the 3-year-olds while their parents attend Sunday School, editor of the congregation's monthly newsletter, or scoutmaster. It's not the same thing as being an "official" in any other church I know of."

Last edited by Heidi60; 08-25-2012 at 12:53 AM..

Old 08-25-2012, 12:29 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Considering all the weird things mormons believe, the story is newsworthy.

Get a load of this!

Quote:
1 Multiple worlds with multiple Gods. They believe that God created many planets with many people and each planet has its own God. They go further to say that if you are good and special you can also become a God of your own planet. Did the Mormons create multi level marketing?
6 Of The Most Weird Mormon Beliefs - What Do Mormons Believe In

Old 08-25-2012, 12:55 AM

Yep, I was just about to include the multiple worlds/gods thing.

Also Mormons believe the God of the Old Testament was Jesus and the God of the New Testament is ... well, GOD.

I wonder if they also have multiple Old and New Testaments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections