Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:29 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times

Advertisements

Oh and there is this one:

Jeremiah Wright - Hillary Clinton ain't never been called.... - YouTube

What sort of person attends this type of "church"? And look at how the attendees react. Like theyre at some def comedy jam. Look what sort of talk it takes to get them acting like..i dont know what to call it. I just hope there isnt too many people in our country like the people that attend that "church". Theyve got some serious issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 09:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Propaganda shifts into high gear.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:32 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
Hey guess what.....if Obama has an interior life....

IT is Hidden. So bring on the realities of peoples lives. No religion is perfect but, if the member does their best and the core of the religion is at least a kick at the cat, bring it on....

no shame, no hiding ... The left representative has nothingness to share and can only produce nothing-less. (man would the founding fathers love to interview Obama on meaning.

Last edited by stargazzer; 08-24-2012 at 09:41 PM..

Old 08-24-2012, 09:32 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
He went to a black liberation theology church. They are different from traditional Christian in teachings and beliefs. They should do the same special on blt and even on Obamas father and mentors. But you know most people would see that as a negative for Obama so of course you "see no need"
How so?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:33 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
At least most people have heard of it. And its not like hes some Scientology, where they stalk people. Most people have never heard of Black Liberation Theology and have no clue what they teach in that church or what sort of nonsese goes on from the pulpit. You know, things like "bill was riding dirty"

You tell me, if Romney's mormon church and his past deserve tv specials by networks and investigations, then why not this church:

OBAMA'S NAUGHTY RIDIN PASTOR JEREMIAH WRIGHT - YouTube

Yeah, I dont know what sort of church that is either, but Christian? Far from it.

Or why not a special on Frank Marshall Davis who mentored Obama for 7 years? Has the media even uttered his name?

All im saying, its laughable that the media, all of a sudden wants to "investigate" yet at least 90 percent of the country dont know a thing about the things I mentioned above. And we both know why. I have no issue with them talking about Mormonism, but they didnt give Obama the same treatment.
I think conservatives care about Romney's religion and are leery. And after all, that is the base he is trying to attract.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Myth Romney? Obama-lite? ROFLMAO....

There's no contest this November.
Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee are our only choices.

Any partisan uproar is merely for the benefit of the audience.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Hey guess what.....if Obama has an interior life....

IT is Hidden. So bring on the realities of peoples lives. No religion is perfect but, if the member does their best and the core of the religion is at least an honest kick at the cat, bring it on....

no shame, no hiding ...Nothingness can only produce nothing-less.
You're right. So what does that say about Obama, who had to disown his "church" and pastor for politics? He's never attended or spoke to Wright again, after going there for 20 years. Was he ashamed? Just trying to distance himself to get what he wanted? Being President was more important than a religion he apparently liked for 20 years. Is he faithful to anyone else but himself?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
How so?
Glenn Beck, the Mormon, tells him that black liberation theology is really just communistic social justice in black sheep's clothing. Jesus was no commie social justice-loving redistributionist.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:37 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Did the show explain the magic glasses and underpants?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think conservatives care about Romney's religion and are leery. And after all, that is the base he is trying to attract.

I know a little about Mormonism. The little I do know, its not my cup of tea, but I dont see it as anything negative or to be fearful of. They seem like peaceful people. I think some of their beliefs story wise are silly but they arent hurting anyone or out to put down anyone either.

And if there is a tape of a Romney church where the pastor or whomever is up there on stage talking even remotely like people who spoke at Obama's church, id be deeply concerned. But something tells me they dont do that there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections