Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 09:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
And thank YOU for being my sock puppet.
Hey, it's not my fault your reading skills are poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 09:51 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Hey, it's not my fault your reading skills are poor.

Is that what they call CYA?

I baited you Liberals intentionally just waiting to spring my trap...and you fell into it....LOL!!!

Old 08-26-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Is that what they call CYA?

I baited you Liberals intentionally just waiting to spring my trap...and you fell into it....LOL!!!
So you are a poor reader, that is your trap? Not a really good one if you ask me. Maybe you should do some better planning, take your time of thinking something more clever.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
So you are a poor reader, that is your trap? Not a really good one if you ask me. Maybe you should do some better planning, take your time of thinking something more clever.

Give it up dude.....you've been PLAYED!

Old 08-26-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Give it up dude.....you've been PLAYED!
you are too funny. I call you out on not reading your own article and you think you caught me in a trap because of your own poor reading skills. Or did I trap you by calling out your poor reading skills and the fact that you skimmed over much of the article in hopes to post some political garbage. I would say nice try, but it really wasn't.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:43 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
UVA Declines Obama Campaign Request

A University of Virginia spokeswoman says President Barack Obama will not be at the university when he comes to Charlottesville on Wednesday. In a statement released Friday, it was confirmed that the university declined the president's request to speak at UVA.

Hmmmmmm.....................

Being a conservative, I would assume it was due to security costs and disruption of the campus in the first week of school and had nothing to do with political preferences.

If a candidate offers to speak, regardless of party, and security is available, let the students hear them. Unlike libs, who would like to restrict the speech of conservatives, given their totalitarian beliefs, I think that anyone should be able to speak. I have heard several democratic candidates speak. I have met both Carter and Clinton. One SHOULD hear dissenting views.

Where I went to college, every nut job in the US would stop at an open area at the center of campus, pull out a microphone, and start jabbering. It was entertaining. We had the Hari Krishnas (they were fun to watch) and fake evangelists (who put on a completely outrageous, fire and brimstone sermons simply to get students to think about religion. Most were dumb enough to take them seriously and did not understand what they were doing- it was "Jed" and "Sister Cindy").

If communists, fascists, the Black Panthers, or the KKK want to speak, let them do so. No one has to listen to them, however, college campuses should be a bastion of tolerance, rather than intolerance. Unfortunately, they have become the latter and are more likely to suppress free speech than support it.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:23 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I see Obama is still trolling or trying to troll the college campuses. You know why he does that, right? Because students in college are least impacted by his economy. They don't have jobs and they haven't had to look for one yet. The don't own houses. They don't put food on the table for a family of 4. They don't pay utility bills. They don't pay federal taxes. They're still under mommy's and daddy's health insurance policy. They buy into the idealism he spews because they don't function in the real world yet...and he knows it.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I see Obama is still trolling or trying to troll the college campuses. You know why he does that, right? Because students in college are least impacted by his economy. They don't have jobs and they haven't had to look for one yet. The don't own houses. They don't put food on the table for a family of 4. They don't pay utility bills. They don't pay federal taxes. They're still under mommy's and daddy's health insurance policy. They buy into the idealism he spews because they don't function in the real world yet...and he knows it.
So you are generalizing all college students, good job.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
So you are generalizing all college students, good job.

....straight fro the hypocrite file of one who spends all day here generalizing anyone who's to the right of his views.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
....straight fro the hypocrite file of one who spends all day here generalizing anyone who's to the right of his views.
Nonsense, I like fiscal conservatives that are moderate in social issues, they are just a dying breed on the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections