Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 02:53 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,322,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No. I'm not voting for a war monger, that would continue to strip Americans of their civil liberties, attack more Muslim countries, cut my social security benefits, while preserving tax cuts for the rich.
You'd better not vote for Obama then because he's already done all of that, including preserving tax cuts for "the rich".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 03:00 PM

24,451 posts, read 33,116,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Funny how when Obama was saying he was going to do all of that they were all for it, now that he's utterly failed it's suddenly 'not the job of the president'.
Excellent point.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,918,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You'd better not vote for Obama then because he's already done all of that, including preserving tax cuts for "the rich".
I agree with you 100% and I am not voting for Obama, nor Romney, nor some economic libertarian knuckeldragger.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:48 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,770,499 times
If everything the OP described happened under a President Romney Administration, I'd vote for him a second term and push for repealing the term limits for presidents to get him a third term.

However, in the slim chance that this would ever occur, it could only happen with a lot of luck, an upswing of the capitalist business cycle, and adopting moderate administrative policies.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:25 PM

68,271 posts, read 53,985,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Let's say that Romney, in his first term-

1. cut unemployment to 5.5% or below

2. personal incomes of Americans rose

3. personal savings of Americans rose

4. orchestrated a decline in federal spending

5. improved US exports

6. stabilized the dollar

7. housing market improved

Would any liberal vote for him for a second term? If not, why not?
I would if your little fantasy came to pass, otherwise I'd like some of what you're smoking to dream up that scenario

Old 08-26-2012, 08:34 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,190,954 times
Quote:

5. improved US exports

6. stabilized the dollar

LOL ROMNEY. I think you'd have to give too much credit for one person. Don't forget the involvement of Congress and Businesses and The People as well. The economy isn't a one person deal.

If this did happen and the success wasn't due to a bubble economy, sure I'd vote for his second term, BARRING any extreme social changes.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:00 PM

858 posts, read 704,182 times
Quote:

5. improved US exports

6. stabilized the dollar

Depends...are Republicans and Romney still bigots? Are they still working to take rights away from women? Are they still against gay marriage? Are they taking away health care from millions of people? If the answer is YES to all/any of those then not a chance in hell I would vote for him

Old 08-26-2012, 09:03 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,190,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
Depends...are Republicans and Romney still bigots? Are they still working to take rights away from women? Are they still against gay marriage? Are they taking away health care from millions of people? If the answer is YES to all/any of those then not a chance in hell I would vote for him
Makes sense. Even if a dictator raises a countries economy, he is still a dictator.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:20 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,424,130 times
Quote:
I might, depending on what else he was or wasn't doing.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:41 AM

8,274 posts, read 12,804,663 times
The difference between the left and right is that if he were president the left would want him to succeed as it helps us all. The right on the other hand will damage the economy in order to make Obama look bad...

I think most thinking people would give a success a second term.

When you have a duo that wants to place the burden on the majority, slash the benefits on the poor and old and allow the wealthiest to profit from it. Then increase an already bloated military budget, you will end up with much higher debts and be far worse off....While a few get even richer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections