Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,445,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Face it, Obama has no respect for life. He voted in favor of allowing babies in Illinois who managed to survive late term abortion to die, without being offered medical care or comfort but actually placed in a bucket in a broom closet or on a cold table in a room alone.
EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Barack Obama - US - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com - August 16, 2008.

Quote:

Brody: Real quick, the born alive infant protection act. I gotta tell you that's the one thing I get a lot of emails about and it's just not just from Evangelicals, it about Catholics, Protestants, main -- they're trying to understand it because there was some literature put out by the National Right to Life Committee. And they're basically saying they felt like you misrepresented your position on that bill.

Obama: Let me clarify this right now.

Brody: Because it's getting a lot of play.

Obama: Well and because they have not been telling the truth. And I hate to say that people are lying, but here's a situation where folks are lying. I have said repeatedly that I would have been completely in, fully in support of the federal bill that everybody supported - which was to say --that you should provide assistance to any infant that was born - even if it was as a consequence of an induced abortion. That was not the bill that was presented at the state level. What that bill also was doing was trying to undermine Roe vs. Wade. By the way, we also had a bill, a law already in place in Illinois that insured life saving treatment was given to infants.

So for people to suggest that I and the Illinois medical society, so Illinois doctors were somehow in favor of withholding life saving support from an infant born alive is ridiculous. It defies commonsense and it defies imagination and for people to keep on pushing this is offensive and it's an example of the kind of politics that we have to get beyond. It's one thing for people to disagree with me about the issue of choice, it's another thing for people to out and out misrepresent my positions repeatedly, even after they know that they're wrong. And that's what's been happening.
And that's what's continuing to happen, four years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 11:23 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Barack Obama - US - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com - August 16, 2008.

And that's what's continuing to happen, four years later.
Problem is, Obama lied in the interview, just like he continues to lie about the issue.

Bottom line is Obama has no respect for life and views every aborted baby as a victory for the "women's rights" movement. I put it in quotes because there is no legitimate right to kill your unborn child in my view.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Problem is, Obama lied in the interview, just like he continues to lie about the issue.

Bottom line is Obama has no respect for life and views every aborted baby as a victory for the "women's rights" movement. I put it in quotes because there is no legitimate right to kill your unborn child in my view.
The Law says otherwise, and guess what, it will continue to say the same thing. Here is an idea, don't want to have an abortion, even if raped, then don't, and as for others making their own choice, mind your own business.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Obama says he is pro-choice and believes that women should be able to make the difficult choice, not the government. So yes, Obama is the opposite of Akin, which is one of the reasons why I will be voting for Obama.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Do you support full healthcare for every child born in our country to make sure every child has the chance to a healthy life? It doesn't sounds like the Republican party agrees with this seeing they seem to fight every chance there is to increase healthcare to all children.

Government shouldn't be involved in a woman's body, no more than they should be involved in a man's body.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:19 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Face it right wing nut jobs talk about freedom from government intervention all day long then won't grant a woman the right to choose in one of the most important decisions of her life. At the same time you criticize single women who have child and one of leading spokesmen, Rush Limbaugh, has the gall to came women sl*ts for wanting access to contraceptives as part of their health insurance coverage.
The GOP is the party of big, bigger and the biggest government possible, and has long advocated strong government controls regarding what we can do in our home and private lives, and our bedrooms ... even bathrooms. These aren't "Conservatives," they're extremists whose actions attack the values which made this nation strong. Calling this ilk "wing nut jobs" is a kind, mild description.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:24 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,373,731 times
You may not like some Republicans who oppose abortion on every level.

But when you look at direction, which one really must do, Republicans are trying to find ways to protect innocent life, and democrats are trying to find ways to kill innocent life.

That is the simple fact about the difference between republicans and democrats. And Barak Obama is on the far extreme side of that killing. He supports the killing of live babies that are the result of a botch late term abortion.

As disgusting as that is, it is more disgusting that most democats excuse this behavior.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:27 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

But when you look at direction, which one really must do, Republicans are trying to find ways to protect innocent life, and democrats are trying to find ways to kill innocent life.

That is the simple fact about the difference between republicans and democrats. And Barak Obama is on the far extreme side of that killing. He supports the killing of live babies that are the result of a botch late term abortion.

As disgusting as that is, it is more disgusting that most democats excuse this behavior.
Yep.

I don't blame Obama; I blame the ignorant voters that put him in office.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

What do Republicans plan to do with every one of those lives they "save?" Are they going to "save" their lives every time they become sick and their mother can't take care of them? Are they going to "save" every unwanted child by forcing every one of them to be adopted?

You Cons talk a big game about protecting every innocent life, but have no interest in following through to make sure every one of those lives grow up healthy.

I also find it funny when a Con says the Republicans are trying to save lives by having the government control what a person can and can't do with their own body, sounds like big government talk to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections