Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 11:28 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times

Advertisements

When will a Republican stop running away from this comment and explain what they mean? I've heard this from multiple Republicans on here as well as from high-level Republicans throughout the primary, and yet everytime they're called out on it, they disappear.

So I'm creating a thread specifically for you to explain what that comment means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 11:32 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
My husband and I are moderate conservatives, and we have 5 adopted teenage kids. Three have hispanic heritage, and one is half african american and half white. I want to know how I explain (or why I would even attempt to defend) those comments to my high school aged children.

Rove has already laid out the strategy--the Romney campaign has given up on minority voters and they need 61 percent of the white vote to win, hence the "bubba strategy" where they go after getting a majority of the white blue collar vote by baiting them with race issues.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...ocrats/261642/
http://nationaljournal.com/columns/p...tions-20120823
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/2...te-for-romney/

No wonder Jeb Bush, who I really respect, is warning the party about trying to create a "tent" the size of a kleenix box. I have zero sympathy--pay backs are hard, and this current batch of radicals (I refuse to call them republicans) might get away with this for the next couple of months, but by the next election minorities will be the majority in this country. Let's see how that strategy works then, shall we?

Last edited by mb1547; 08-28-2012 at 11:48 AM..

Old 08-28-2012, 11:35 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,766 times
eddie, you will like this video. Listen carefully. I do know that not all African Americans do not feel this way but here is an example of how some feel.

DON'T MISS THIS VIDEO! - Watch the entire video

You need to be at work so you can pay for my healthcare.
I voted for Obama because he's black

Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM

I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage. If I help him, he's gonna help me."

HOPE: OBAMA WILL PAY MY MORTGAGE AND GAS BILLS « Chicagoans Against Obama

Old 08-28-2012, 12:14 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Default "Corporations only vote Republican to get more handouts"

Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs

Old 08-28-2012, 12:15 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
eddie, you will like this video. Listen carefully. I do know that not all African Americans do not feel this way but here is an example of how some feel.

Quote:
I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage. If I help him, he's gonna help me."

HOPE: OBAMA WILL PAY MY MORTGAGE AND GAS BILLS « Chicagoans Against Obama

And you think these are the typical Black voters?

Fact: the less money you earn, the less likely you are to vote.
Fact: the vast majority of Black Americans are not on welfare.
Fact: the vast majority of the Black electorate sees no benefit if they vote "for more handouts."

Old 08-28-2012, 12:17 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
Since you are against corporate welfare (like me) this means you should be against Obama..... right...... and the rest of the Demaclown party AS WELL AS the Republicans

They are both owned by special interests like that

Old 08-28-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And you think these are the typical Black voters?

Fact: the less money you earn, the less likely you are to vote.
Fact: the vast majority of Black Americans are not on welfare.
Fact: the vast majority of the Black electorate sees no benefit if they vote "for more handouts."
No problem but to prove your reason for starting this thread it would be a good idea to post a few links that backup your post.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:26 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
Those videos are very stupid and don't prove anything but some people are so gullible that anything next to a black face is immediately deemed as bad. Poor people rarely if ever even vote. The lower class whites and blacks live off handouts but you never hear about lower class whites at all.

No offense to Republicans but lowering taxes for the wealthy has proven not to work, what else are they going to do? You're going have to accept facts that people need to work and create opportunity so something has tell o give, lower taxes for the middle class

Old 08-28-2012, 12:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:

Why don't Republicans understand that posting something like this is the equivalent of me posting a YouTube video of a Klan rally and making the overt statement that this is how I believe that the majority of Whites feel?

White Republicans draw from the lowest examples of opinions and apply them to the whole so its obvious that this is how they view the majority of Black Americans. So why would the average Black American who works hard, pays their taxes, pays their mortgage and educates their children want any part of a party who continues to view them basically as 'animals'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections