Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 05:36 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Probably the worst place to ask this, knowing the loons here, but Ill try anyways. It seems the biggest minority group that votes Dem is black followed by latinos.

Ive heard recently it has nothing to do with hand outs or entitlements. So, if not, what is it exactly?

My confusion is more with the black voters. The latino voters I can understand to a degree. It seems to largely deal with immigration. While I understand, I cant figure out why they cant grasp the importance of our laws, our border laws. The importance of following a process to get into our country like many others do. The importance to protect our borders. Seems that whenever someone even mentions a way to deal with the problem, you get outrage from liberals and latinos and often charges of racism.

As far as the black vote, and really anyone for that matter, why Democrat? A conservative message is to say to any American that you can do anything and make something of yourself if you try hard enough. You dont need or have to rely on government. Some on the other side seem to suggest otherwise, but many have come here and worked their tails off to succeed.

What programs or policies do minorities want exactly that arent already in place? Does it not appear to you that one party in particular seems to break everyone down into a group of some sort? Is that what you want? To be looked at for your skin color only and not as an American first?
You accuse Hispanics of not understanding or respecting laws, yet you wonder why we don't want to belong to your party?? The Democratic party may have elements of anti-Hispanic sentiment, but at least they have enough common sense to hide it in public. Are Republicans really that dense? I'm not a member of the Democratic party, but with such open hostility towards me and my family, there is no way in hell I'd join the GOP. I doubt any of this will register with you, which makes me wonder if you really wanted answers or were just trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 05:38 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
ignorance is their only real excuse...

Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Default Default What is it that minorities get from Democrat run government that they dont think they can get from Conservative

I would think for starters respect would help.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:41 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Respect.
Got it in one.

ETA: This deserves a bit of filling out. Back in 2008, as much as I didn't agree with him politically, I'll say that McCain was very respectful, and wanted none of this "he's unamerican, he's Affermative Action, black people love food stamps and are plantation slaves" nonsense. The 2011-2012 GOP, however, clearly and actively dislikes black Americans.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
ignorance is their only real excuse...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I would think for starters respect would help.
Someone needs to tell Republicans that calling Blacks and Hispanics ignorant is not respectful

Old 08-28-2012, 05:47 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Compassion. Although the person who said 'respect' up above is right, too.
So essentially nothing.

"Respect" and "compassion" are two subjective emotional issues which have been "sold" by the democratic party in exchange for votes. What do they really get? NOTHING!

That is a great deal- votes for nothing. Given that minorities ALWAYS reflexively vote democratic, NEITHER PARTY spends any time or political capital in an effort to politically "please" them. It is wasted time and effort in either sense, as the dems always get the minority vote, regardless of what either party does.

One would think that minorities and women want the same thing as whites- a stable economy, low unemployment, control of soaring debt, and a secure future for the their children. The other "side issues" which democrats "sell" in order to get votes mean very little, if anything.

This election is about the economy and the economy affects men, women and minorities. Oddly, the women and minorities have suffered most under Obama and, in a rational world, would be most anxious to get rid of him.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:51 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times
free hand outs.

Bob.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:52 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,740 times
Minorities and women? So the only people with a clue are white males?

Old 08-28-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So essentially nothing. .
Which says a lot. All political parties are essentially peddlers and they all have something to sell. What the GOP is selling, minorities wouldn't take it for free. Multiple posters on here have tried to explain it to you and you guys still don't get it. I'll spell it out for you, you couldn't give away your product to millions of Americans. Take that any way you want it

Old 08-28-2012, 05:55 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
"Respect" and "compassion" are two subjective emotional issues which have been "sold" by the democratic party in exchange for votes. What do they really get? NOTHING!
What do poor white voters really get out of voting Republican? Nothing.

Minority voters get politicians who aren't openly hostile towards them. They also get a chance of undoing some of the racially-driven laws on the books (like harsher punishment for crack than powder cocaine). They get a chance at increasing fairness in the enforcement of our laws (did you know that black people are more than 3 times as likely to be arrested on drug charges, despite white people using drugs at basically the same rate? That number used to be closer to 6 times as likely to be arrested back during Reagan's "drug war.")

Or maybe they just want to be able to go cast their ballot, which is something Republicans seem to have a serious problem with (not just voter ID, but also sending too few voting machines to minority districts while directing a gross excess of machines to the suburbs).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections