U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:28 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,564,750 times

Advertisements

Daily Kos: Ann Romney Sticks Her Silver Foot In Her Mouth Again

Quote:
“I love the fact that there are women out there who don’t have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise the kids. Thank goodness that we value those people too. And sometimes life isn’t easy for any of us.”
Yes Ann, and those women who don't have a choice are just as thrilled as you are. Living on a shoe string, hoping that they cover the rent, can put food on the table, pay the bills, clothe their children. I'm sure you know how life isn't easy when it comes to that kind of situation.

Quote:
“I know what’s like to finish the laundry and to look in the basket five minutes later and it’s full again. I know what’s like to pull all the groceries in and see the teenagers run through and all of a sudden all the groceries you just bought are gone,” Romney said to the crowd. “And I know what’s like to get up early in the morning and to get them off to school. And I know what’s like to get up in the middle of the night when they’re sick. And I know what’s like to struggle and to have those concerns that all mothers have.”
Yes Ann, those are all the things that women who don't have a choice do while holding down a job. I'm sure you know what it's like to scrape the bottom of your handbag looking for change, have a zero balance in your checkbook or maxed our your credit card because you had to put food on the table or the kids needed shoes. I'm sure your had sleepness nights wondering if you were going to get through the next month to keep the roof over your familly's head. They may have some help at home - a husband who is unemployed and struggling to look for a job. Would that be her domestic help?

Yes Ann, you aren't any different from those single parent women. One can only imagine the struggles you have gone through, especially having domestic help, and will continue to go through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 10:35 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,167,873 times
You missed the part where she mentioned living in a basement while hubby went to school. Her father worked in the mines. She and Mitt made their money.

YOu seem to value only those who can't pull themselves up and depend on the gov to care for them......
One person's poverty is as real as the other person's.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:35 AM

16,553 posts, read 11,080,350 times
Jealousy!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:36 AM

881 posts, read 584,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

Yes Ann, and those women who don't have a choice are just as thrilled as you are. Living on a shoe string, hoping that they cover the rent, can put food on the table, pay the bills, clothe their children. I'm sure you know how life isn't easy when it comes to that kind of situation.

Yes Ann, those are all the things that women who don't have a choice do while holding down a job. I'm sure you know what it's like to scrape the bottom of your handbag looking for change, have a zero balance in your checkbook or maxed our your credit card because you had to put food on the table or the kids needed shoes. I'm sure your had sleepness nights wondering if you were going to get through the next month to keep the roof over your familly's head. They may have some help at home - a husband who is unemployed and struggling to look for a job. Would that be her domestic help?

Yes Ann, you aren't any different from those single parent women. One can only imagine the struggles you have gone through, especially having domestic help, and will continue to go through.

Aren't you just green with envy? Or is it just pure hate? Guess you wish you could change places with a woman who raised five sons while dealing with breast cancer and MS just to get your greedy little hands on some of that money. Yup she had it easy cuz she's rich. This is so stupid. Do you not see that your hate is ugly and petty and it is what is going to tear our country apart? Stop the jealousy and pettiness and focus on something REAL!!!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 AM

413 posts, read 554,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

ďI love the fact that there are women out there who donít have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise the kids. Thank goodness that we value those people too. And sometimes life isnít easy for any of us.Ē
It's so nice of her to value the little people too.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:46 AM

13,500 posts, read 14,017,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Aren't you just green with envy? Or is it just pure hate? Guess you wish you could change places with a woman who raised five sons while dealing with breast cancer and MS just to get your greedy little hands on some of that money. Yup she had it easy cuz she's rich. This is so stupid. Do you not see that your hate is ugly and petty and it is what is going to tear our country apart? Stop the jealousy and pettiness and focus on something REAL!!!!!

it isn't about envy or greed. just because she has similarities with other mothers doesn't mean she knows how someone who is a single poor mother has struggled. she is on equal ground with others who have experienced breast cancer and MS but she has not had the same worries as a minimum wage single mother. just because they both do the laundry doesn't make them equal

Old 08-29-2012, 10:46 AM

14,104 posts, read 9,854,443 times
I guess you're another one who thinks she doesn't know what it's like to be a real woman because "she has never worked a day in her life?" What is she supposed to say? "Na, na, boo, boo, bet you wish you lived my life because I live on easy street?" We all have our blessings and burdens. You shoudn't envy someone their blessings unless you are ready to take on their burdens. Personally, the wealth isn't worth the cancer and MS.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 AM

12,260 posts, read 7,375,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
You missed the part where she mentioned living in a basement while hubby went to school. Her father worked in the mines. She and Mitt made their money.

YOu seem to value only those who can't pull themselves up and depend on the gov to care for them......
One person's poverty is as real as the other person's.
I'll believe it was a basement when I see pictures of it. More likely it was an off campus garden apartment.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:49 AM

14,752 posts, read 27,607,860 times
Just remember she has a "REAL" marriage.

The Obamas, therefore, must have a "FAKE" one.

I'll bet there's more dirt in the Romney household, since all that repression leads to dirt, than there is in the Obama household.

As far Palin, she has a "WHITE TRASH" one.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 AM

14,752 posts, read 27,607,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I'll believe it was a basement when I see pictures of it. More likely it was an off campus garden apartment.
Yes, we need pictures of the basement apartment, a copy of the lease, and pictures of her whipping up pasta and tuna fish ... STAT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or