Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 01:27 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Why does she have to be a single mom for her to have compassion for other women. Does Michelle know what it is like to be a single mom? Do you disrespect her because she hasn't been? No mother knows what any mother has been through. Why do they HAVE to be EQUAL? How can any mother be equal to another except to say they know what it is like to be a mother. This arguement is petty. If you truly feel this way, then cast your petty judgements on all first ladies, because all of them have been rich.
You and I both know they hate Ann because she is white.....Christian...and not an America hating....flag hating....you get the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 01:32 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Well, it's hard to believe, but I think it was about 10 pages before any of you guys made a coherent post that is relatively relevant to the topic.

Here is my say:

The plight and worries of a sick person is a serious thing, however, money can seriously ease the process to recover, at times, make no mistake.

If a person doesn't have enough money to get treatment or even money for a good recovery, it will amplify the problems no doubt.

If a person doesn't have enough money, then the issue of raising children too can be a serious problem.

While it's wrong to say the Anne Romney didn't have difficulty in her life, with money many problems can go away.

Though it is safe to say that an average american would have had more problems raising children or recovering from cancer that Mrs. Romney.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:33 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Yeah, I heard they even had to sell some of Mitt's stock to survive. That is rough. Honestly though, how can you say she and Mitt made their money with a straight face. Mitt's father was a CEO and governor, the man went to Cranbrook. Mitt had everything handed to him on a silver platter from super elite primary schooling to Bain connections.
So? Again, wealth isnt even a concern for my vote. You don't seem to object to Biden being wealthy oh and let us not ignore the wealth the Obamas have obtained in just 3 + years. They sure don't have a problem enjoying the rich life while the inner cities crumble...do they? How many vacations has Michele taken on our dime again?

The Romneys earned their money. They even earned it with help perhaps from Mitts rich dad and what is the difference whether or not family helped? You prefer to have the government assist then and only then it is honorable? What is your problem with the Romneys anyway...they too white for you? Too rich?

I like Mitt. He will do.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:35 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
You and I both know they hate Ann because she is white.....Christian...and not an America hating....flag hating....you get the rest.

Atomic load.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:51 PM

876 posts, read 708,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Actually Michelle comes from very humble background and there was never any wealth in her family. What she did have was a very supporting family and a father who managed to be the breadwinner as a city pump operator while suffering from MS.

Profile of Michelle Obama - Michelle Obama Biography

Michelle can identify with the average struggling family, unless she forgot where she came from.
Based on the way she spends our money on frivolous vacations, I would have to say that she has forgotten her humble beginnings. Or she doesn't give a crap about us. She knows most Americans are struggling and she spends $1 million of or tax money on vacations? But, I guess that is ok since she understands what it is like to be poor. She deserves it. Whatever.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:53 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
No. It's about Ann Romney offensively pretending she was poor at some point in time. It's disgusting she thinks the American public is that stupid.
Please, please give us the quote from anywhere that she said she was poor.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:53 PM

569 posts, read 671,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Gosh facts are not exactly your forte, are they?

Michelle Obama was raised very lower middle class.

The issue isn't who was raised what. The issue is about the absurd pretense of Ann Romney pretending she ever struggled financially. She's a lying hypocrite who thinks Americans are dumb enough to swallow that nonsense. I don't like to be condescended to and lied to by someone seeking my vote.
And her father had MS

Old 08-29-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Dude, I'm on the verge of retirement from before I'm eligible for social security.

Although I might volunteer to be a stable hand at the local horse adoption center because I like horses and will need to get exercise. Thanks for the idea.
Dude, good for you.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You and a few others in this thread are like the four year old with his fingers in his ears, saying "La, la, la, la...I can't HEAR you!" Many people have given you reasons that have nothing to do with envy, and everything to do with the daily struggles of average Americans that the Romneys simply have never known, but you continually ignore all that and just keep repeating that anyone who disagrees MUST be jealous. Grow up. There are real issues being discussed in this thread that have nothing to do with jealousy.
No, it is your kind that refuse to comprehend that she has had struggles in life that many refuse to accept.

Luckily for her money wasn't one of them. There are some struggles in life that money has nothing to do with.

Some act like she lived in some kind of protective bubble and has no grip on reality.

Raising 5 sons, having cancer AND MS is struggle enough for anybody.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well let me eliminate the guessing. The conversation is about the utter transparency of Mrs. Romney's attempt to reverse one of Mitt's negative as reflected in every poll, i.e., he isn't in touch with everyday people!" Pure and simple.

I know this is difficult to grasp but, Mrs. Romney gave a specifically crafted speech at the Republican Convention to present a specific narrative, with the specific political purpose to convince the American public that Mitt and family are real folks just like most Americans.

The criticism isn't about jealous, it isn't about envy, it is about the utterly transparent crassness of the speech.
The absurdity of your premise is amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections