Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 11:44 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Yep, in sort of a Norman Bates way
Exactly. Dragging her out on the campaign trail and everything. It's just weird. It's no reflection on his mother, by the way, only on dork boy.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:47 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Why are so many people against those who are successful? I have never heard of it since Obama got into office that is why I think he is a dangerous man. We never had class warfare until Obama.

We use to be glad someone made it and it gave us more incentive to do it as well. Now society wants to tear them down. I don't get it.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Exactly. Dragging her out on the campaign trail and everything. It's just weird. It's no reflection on his mother, by the way, only on dork boy.
You think men who are proud of their mothers are dorks? Hope you don't have any sons.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well that mama had to go back to school when her husband died at a young age and support her family.
Huh???? His father died at age 55. Ryan was 16 y/o and the youngest kid at home when he died. Mom didn't need to support anyone. She went to college, instead. No doubt on the life insurance her husband left. Lawyers tend to leave their families well-provided for.

Boy, you just make it up as you go along, don't you? You must be another one of the many political CD astroturfers paid by the post. Doesn't matter if it's true, or not. Just keep up that post volume. After a while - truth and fiction doesn't matter - it all runs together.

Read on:
Quote:
Ryan was born in Janesville, Wisconsin to Elizabeth A. "Betty" (née Hutter) and Paul Murray Ryan, a lawyer, and was the youngest of four siblings.[8][9][10] A fifth-generation Wisconsinite, his father was of Irish ancestry and his mother of German and English ancestry.[11] One of Ryan's paternal ancestors settled in Wisconsin prior to the Civil War.[12] His great-grandfather, Patrick William Ryan (1858–1917), founded an earthmoving company in 1884, which later became P. W. Ryan and Sons and is now known as Ryan Incorporated Central.[13][14] Ryan's grandfather was appointed U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin by President Calvin Coolidge.[15]

Ryan attended St. Mary's Catholic School in Janesville, where he played on the seventh-grade basketball team.[16] He attended Joseph A. Craig High School in Janesville, where he was elected president of his junior class and subsequently named prom king. As class president Ryan also gained a seat on the school board, making it the first time he held political office.[17][6] Between his sophomore year and junior year, Ryan took a job working the grill at McDonald's.[6] He was on his high school's ski, track and varsity soccer teams and played basketball in a Catholic recreational league.[17][18][19] He also participated in several academic and social clubs including the Model United Nations.[17][6] Ryan and his family often went on hiking and skiing trips in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.[9][15]

When he was 16 and working a summer job, Ryan received a worried phone call from his father's secretary. He came home to find his 55-year-old father lying dead in bed after suffering from a heart attack.[6] His grandfather and great-grandfather also died from heart attacks, at ages 57 and 59 respectively, inspiring Ryan's later interest in health and exercise.[15] Following the death of his father, Ryan's grandmother moved in with the family and because she struggled with Alzheimer's Ryan had to help care for her while his mother studied at college in Madison, Wisconsin.[6] Due to his father's death Ryan received survivor's benefits through Social Security until his 18th birthday, which were saved up in order to pay for his college education.[20][21][22]

Paul Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Don't be cryin' any crocodile tears for the hardship-stricken Ryan family. They aren't and never were.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Huh???? His father died at age 55. Ryan was 16 y/o and the youngest kid at home when he died. Mom didn't need to support anyone, she went to college, instead. No doubt on the life insurance her husband left. Lawyers tend to leave their families well-provided for.

Boy, you just make it up, as you go along, don't you? You must be another one of the many CD astroturfers paid by the post.

Read on:
Don't be cryin' any crocodile tears for the hardship-stricken Ryan family. They aren't and never were.
Just repeating what Ryan said tonight. His mother went back to school to get an education and started a business to support her family. Dying at 55 is young now.

I bet you will get SS and insurance if your husband dies as well. Then you will be rich too, roll eyes.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Why are so many people against those who are successful? I have never heard of it since Obama got into office that is why I think he is a dangerous man. We never had class warfare until Obama.

We use to be glad someone made it and it gave us more incentive to do it as well. Now society wants to tear them down. I don't get it.
Because it takes hard work and sacrifice and many only want things they can easily attain.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
You think men who are proud of their mothers are dorks? Hope you don't have any sons.
How did you get that from my comment? It's the degree to which he talks about his mother and the dragging her out on the campaign trail. Yeah, we get it already. Now what specifically is the Romney/Ryan plan for fixing the economy? Enough about mommy already.

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Huh???? His father died at age 55. Ryan was 16 y/o and the youngest kid at home when he died. Mom didn't need to support anyone. She went to college, instead. No doubt on the life insurance her husband left. Lawyers tend to leave their families well-provided for.

Boy, you just make it up as you go along, don't you? You must be another one of the many political CD astroturfers paid by the post. Doesn't matter if it's true, or not. Just keep up that post volume. After a while - truth and fiction doesn't matter - it all runs together.

Read on:
Well lets see my SS benefits from my fathers death were a whopping 353.00 a month Wow can you believe how rich that made me.

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Just repeating what Ryan said tonight. His mother went back to school to get an education and started a business to support her family.
Well, he lied, clearly. But that's nothing new. That's all Ryan does is lie - just like every other politician.
Quote:
Dying at 55 is young now.
If you say so. My son was already 30 years old when I was 55, so I don't call 55 young.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Well, he lied, clearly. But that's nothing new. That's all Ryan does is lie - just like every other politician.
Just like he lied about having a black girlfriend. It's really pathological at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections