Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 03:49 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Here is some real solid truth. The economy stinks. Obama said he would fix it. Obama has been president for almost 4 years.

He failed. Lets fire him.
The economy is better then it was, but if you want to say the president can fix it by himself, then I would expect you say the same when Romney/Ryan doesn't produce 12 million jobs (if elected).

Last edited by plannine; 08-30-2012 at 04:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 04:04 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Here's some more solid truth. Things aren't getting better as fast as we'd like, but they're not getting worse. How do we know that Romney is going to do any better? He doesn't want anyone to look into his dealings with Bain, the Olympics, as the governor of MA, etc., he's changed his position several times on just about every issue, they aren't providing any real details on how they plan to fix things, and now they're lying through their teeth about little stuff. If they lie about the little stuff, what are they going to do with the big things? I look at this election as trying to sort out the lesser of two evils. Electing a bold faced liar isn't high on my list.
Even though I'm not a fan of Obama's by any stretch. I do have to agree with this assessment. I don't believe Romney deserves to be president, and anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

I am even more disappointed with the Republican party, who somehow couldn't find anywhere in their ranks someone with character and principle enough to run for president. Mr. Flip-flopper, empty suit, politician Mitt simply has no principles, and stands for absolutely nothing. So I cannot respect him as a person, so I cannot support him as a candidate.

It should have been an easy win for any Republican with character and decency, who is capable of speaking coherently. But I just don't see how Mitt can win, and he shouldn't win. Even though I can at least admire and respect Paul Ryan, who has his own ideas and enough balls to stick with his principles even when they aren't(yet) popular.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:11 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
In his speech to the Republican National Convention on Aug. 29, 2012, Paul Ryan described a GM plant in his hometown of Janesville, WI, and said that Barack Obama had given a speech there in 2008, saying that if government supported it, the plant would be there for another 100 years. And that after Obama took office, the plant had then closed.

The usual leftist fanatics have been screaming ever since, that Ryan lied about it.

So, what's the truth?

It's quite simple: Paul Ryan told the exact truth.

Obama's Speech in Janesville, Wisconsin - Council on Foreign Relations

Obama's speech was given at the Janesville plant on Feb. 13, 2008. It was open during that period. Obama said, "I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years."

Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009. And the Janesville GM plant remained open until April 23, 2009... on which day it closed.

MSNBC’s Schultz and Sharpton Falsely Claim Janesville Plant Closed Under President Bush to Slam Ryan « The Greenroom

The Obots on MSNBC have been screaming that Paul Ryan lied about this plant in some unspecified way.

But it is now clear that the liars are Ed Schultz and Al Sharpton of MSNBC.

As usual.

The Democrats are so bankrupt, so bereft of ideas and substance, that they must now accuse Republicans of lying when they clearly didn't. When it's easy to demonstrate the truth of what the Republicans said.

Can the Democrat party sink any lower?
Mr tingle up my leg for obama does not care about facts of truth if it goes against the one

Old 08-30-2012, 07:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Here is another interesting account of the Janesville plant closing:

As Goes Janesville

We started shooting in Janesville (where I had spent a lot of time since it’s my wife’s hometown) shortly after GM closed the town’s truck plant in 2008, and followed laid-off workers enduring personal challenges and town leaders trying to reinvent their local economy amid recession and the rancor that divided Wisconsin.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:14 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
In his speech to the Republican National Convention on Aug. 29, 2012, Paul Ryan described a GM plant in his hometown of Janesville, WI, and said that Barack Obama had given a speech there in 2008, saying that if government supported it, the plant would be there for another 100 years. And that after Obama took office, the plant had then closed.

The usual leftist fanatics have been screaming ever since, that Ryan lied about it.

So, what's the truth?

It's quite simple: Paul Ryan told the exact truth.

Obama's Speech in Janesville, Wisconsin - Council on Foreign Relations

Obama's speech was given at the Janesville plant on Feb. 13, 2008. It was open during that period. Obama said, "I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years."

Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009. And the Janesville GM plant remained open until April 23, 2009... on which day it closed.

MSNBC’s Schultz and Sharpton Falsely Claim Janesville Plant Closed Under President Bush to Slam Ryan « The Greenroom

The Obots on MSNBC have been screaming that Paul Ryan lied about this plant in some unspecified way.

But it is now clear that the liars are Ed Schultz and Al Sharpton of MSNBC.

As usual.

The Democrats are so bankrupt, so bereft of ideas and substance, that they must now accuse Republicans of lying when they clearly didn't. When it's easy to demonstrate the truth of what the Republicans said.

Can the Democrat party sink any lower?
So Obama is responsible for closing a GM plant because he was in office for about 4 months at the time? That doesn't make any sense?

Old 08-30-2012, 07:16 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Here's some more solid truth. Things aren't getting better as fast as we'd like, but they're not getting worse. How do we know that Romney is going to do any better? He doesn't want anyone to look into his dealings with Bain, the Olympics, as the governor of MA, etc., he's changed his position several times on just about every issue, they aren't providing any real details on how they plan to fix things, and now they're lying through their teeth about little stuff. If they lie about the little stuff, what are they going to do with the big things? I look at this election as trying to sort out the lesser of two evils. Electing a bold faced liar isn't high on my list.
What on earth are you talking about? His history is an open book. You can read, can't you?

Old 08-30-2012, 07:21 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What on earth are you talking about? His history is an open book. You can read, can't you?
Really, have those tax forms yet?

Old 08-31-2012, 06:38 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Yeah, Romney is an open book, which is why he said "We shouldn't be talking about business, or family, or taxes." Very transparent, right?

Old 08-31-2012, 06:57 AM

272 posts, read 229,117 times

http://gazettextra.com/photos/galler...t-day-gm/3120/

Old 08-31-2012, 07:15 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
Yeah, I'm sure those workers all feel better that these Republicans told them it was still open for four months after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections