U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-30-2012, 06:33 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
9,481 posts, read 5,319,089 times
Reputation: 7290

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Has anyone else noticed that there is a tremendous correlation between people who use the term "Democrat Party" and absurdly low intelligence quotients?



Democrat party = lower intelligence. I love it when the libs get their panties in an uproar when you say Democrat party. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Niagara Falls ON.
10,024 posts, read 9,360,223 times
Reputation: 8822
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Examples please.
Well how about Ryan claiming a GM plant shut down during the Bush years was Obamas fault. How about extolling the merits of The debt commission that he was a member of. He forgot to mention that he voted against the recommendations.

They just don't seem to be able to function without bald faced lying. Because they can't, they are now attacking the fact checkers. What a bunch of losers. How about their whole blustering blunder about Obama changing the welfare law. It's all 100% crap. These changes in no way make it easier for people to collect and were designed to allow the states more latitude in finding work for welfare cases. These changes were especially requested by 2 GOP states.

There are actually thousands of very good examples of this serial lying, misrepresentation and just plain BS. You know for sure that things are getting bad when FOX news is starting to get fed up with the stupidity and is speaking up about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2012, 06:48 PM
 
5,280 posts, read 3,038,168 times
Reputation: 2264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Democrat party = lower intelligence. I love it when the libs get their panties in an uproar when you say Democrat party. LOL
"LOL" is another marvelous indicator, along with "I could care less," "Your wrong" and several others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2012, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Exeter, NH
5,068 posts, read 3,839,903 times
Reputation: 5042
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Why in the world does the GOP find it absolutely necessary to lie, misrepresent and basically tell tall tales almost all or the time? Are they so lacking in anything of substance? They never get into any kind of discussion of actual policy ideas. It's just mind blowing the way they can stand up there at their biggest do they have and lie, lie, lie to the American people. They must have an enormous contempt for the people who they are asking to vote for them.

Canadians sure are different. It's very usual for a party to actually print a document outlining exactly what the party plans on doing if elected. These policy papers will cover everything from taxes, justice system reforms, education, foreign affairs and so on. These policy positions that are written down make it possible to have an intellegent debate on the merits or lack of in the various platforms. It seems that this would be a very good thing to happen in US politics.

Your question is really "Why do POLITICIANS lie constantly?" The answer is that people are too stupid and lazy to actually check facts, and not educated enough to know when they are being misled and manipulated.

It's sad, but with government appropriating so much of everyone's money, the worst possible people flock to those power positions.

The answer is that government should be so small that the damage and corruption are minimized. There is no other option, and we have gone so far in the opposite direction that the situation is now hopeless. Until the 2nd American Revolution, that is, since this house of cards of currency devaluation and endless borrowing cannot do anything but collapse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2012, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,651,784 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well how about Ryan claiming a GM plant shut down during the Bush years was Obamas fault. How about extolling the merits of The debt commission that he was a member of. He forgot to mention that he voted against the recommendations.

They just don't seem to be able to function without bald faced lying. Because they can't, they are now attacking the fact checkers. What a bunch of losers. How about their whole blustering blunder about Obama changing the welfare law. It's all 100% crap. These changes in no way make it easier for people to collect and were designed to allow the states more latitude in finding work for welfare cases. These changes were especially requested by 2 GOP states.

There are actually thousands of very good examples of this serial lying, misrepresentation and just plain BS. You know for sure that things are getting bad when FOX news is starting to get fed up with the stupidity and is speaking up about it.
Actually fact check proved Ryan correct about the GM plant. And you do realize that there was more than one set of votes on more than one set of recomendations.

Fox News has always spoke up but never get credit for it.

Bald face lies are politicians bread and water whether Dem or Repub, but the left only sees what they want to see while the right can see thru the BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2012, 07:00 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
9,481 posts, read 5,319,089 times
Reputation: 7290
"I could care less,"





You got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2012, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Orlando
8,217 posts, read 10,364,533 times
Reputation: 4006
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
At least tell the truth

"Why do BOTH parties constantly lie to the American people"

I will even answer this for you....... they all lie because if the American people ever found out the truth they would all (yes Dems AND Reps) be voted out

I am sure that the truth I said above will go over your head though.....

While I don't disagree that they both have poor standards I doubt the people would do anything. Frankly, they don't care. Americans are lazy and would rather someone else deal with it.

I like the idea of a position paper and a clear statement of what they are planning to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 14,087,710 times
Reputation: 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Actually fact check proved Ryan correct about the GM plant. And you do realize that there was more than one set of votes on more than one set of recomendations.

Fox News has always spoke up but never get credit for it.

Bald face lies are politicians bread and water whether Dem or Repub, but the left only sees what they want to see while the right can see thru the BS.
Your right, most intelligent with half a brain, can see thru to the BS from both sides. Look where we are as a Country and a tanking in the toilet flushing away economy. Promised to us from none other then Obama.

Who was suppose to create jobs, give us less debt, booming profitable businesses, and bring unity. None by the way which has happened, we have division, decesiveness, and uncertainty.

And were promised so much more!

Hope n' Change, all which was garbage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2012, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,079 posts, read 15,924,682 times
Reputation: 7682
The thing that just astonishes me is how cavalierly they treat their own supporters. They don't care if they get caught lying because they're convinced the campaign of lies and character assassination they've directed at the President for the past 4 years will be enough to make their supporters hate Obama enough that they can lie and get away with it.

Remember the "Etch-A-Sketch" comment during the primaries? That was an open admission that Romney was lying to win the nomination and nobody cared! In fact, some here defended it!

Now, you have a candidate who has changed his opinion on just about every hot-button issue more times than a baby gets his diaper changed, and his supporters STILL don't care that they're being lied to!

Then, you've got a VP candidate who goes on national TV and tells a series of whoppers with a straight face. Surely, they vetted his speech beforehand and, surely, they KNEW someone would fact check him...but, it didn't matter! They sent him out there with SCRIPTED lies to their own delegates! And, they ate it up!

In fact, their whole campaign so far has been built on an ever deeper pile of untruths, omissions, innuendoes an outright lies.

In all my 63 years, I've NEVER seen a party disrespect their own voters more than we're seeing right now from the GOP. It's just extraordinary!

I can't help but wonder if it ever crosses the GOP voter's minds that if they're lying to win the election, what on earth makes you think they're not lying about what they'll do once they've conned you out of your vote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2012, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,079 posts, read 15,924,682 times
Reputation: 7682
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your right, most intelligent with half a brain, can see thru to the BS from both sides. Look where we are as a Country and a tanking in the toilet flushing away economy. Promised to us from none other then Obama.

Who was suppose to create jobs, give us less debt, booming profitable businesses, and bring unity. None by the way which has happened, we have division, decesiveness, and uncertainty.

And were promised so much more!

Hope n' Change, all which was garbage?

So, "Change We Can Believe In" is better?

What moron in Romney's campaign came up with THAT slogan, especially since they've made so much hay out of Obama's similar campaign slogan from 4 years ago?

The Romney campaign just looks more and more amateurish every day. Frankly, I thought Rove & Co. was better than that!

If they can't do any better than that with a campaign, what on earth will they do with the country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top