Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 07:36 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,171,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
do you really think the job outsourcing started with the Bush's or even Clintons, etc?
I agree....wont matter if Romney or Obama is going to be prez, they will continue to outsource and offshore and automate and jobs will continue to be hard to come by, unless you have some particularly in-demand talent or education, or have "connections". Thats just the way it is, and we will have to adjust to this reality.

I know the election is going to turn on the economy, but the President, whoever he is, doesnt have much say in the big economic trends, which is what this outsourcing thing is.

@@@@

But yeah, it does look like Obama is going to be re-elected, and we will have four years like the last four years, where Obama is balanced out by the GOP controlling Congress...which is why I think the conservatives shouldnt be too alarmed by and Obama win.

Assuming the GOP controls Congress for the foreseable future, the next big chance for change will be in 2016, which I bet the GOP will end up in control of the executive and legislative branches, like in the Bush years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 07:36 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
The only thing more or less certain is the race will be determined before we cross the Mississippi.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:38 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Me?? Embarassed...Never. I stand my ground and what I believe as President Obama is announced 2 term President Nov 6, 2012.
So you're saying you know no shame and never learn from your mistakes?

Why am I not surprised.

Pffffttttt.

See ya in 2013 when Romney is inaugurated.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,171,669 times
Quote:
The only thing more or less certain is the race will be determined before we cross the Mississippi.
Yep..the decider states look to be OH, FLA, and VA

Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I dont consider outsourcing jobs to another nation success and leaving your employees who help BUILD that cooperation high and dry but hey not everyone in America is an intellect Remember this is the nation that gave George W. a second chance....

Well, you can thank Clinton for signing NAFTA into law.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:00 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well, you can thank Clinton for signing NAFTA into law.
Everyone seems to agree that NAFTA is bad, but neither party is moving to get rid of it. Go figure.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:04 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
That would be offshoring, not outsourcing, and a significant exagerration of the truth. Feel free to believe whatever helps rationalize your decision to vote for an inept leader though.
And the same back to you

Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
and then we found out that it was lies.

Where as, with Obama, you know before you vote that what he says is all lies yet intend to vote for him anyway.

And the democrats claim to be the educated, intelligent party??????

Old 08-31-2012, 04:18 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
Which "we" are you talking about? "African-American We?" "Hispanic-American We?" "Asian-American We?" "Native-American We?" You *******s are the ones dividing the country into groups.

Obama has done more to divide this country than anyone in history.
Uh...WE is WE..which means all inclusive--but the Republicans do not understand that WE means ALL. The night of Obama's inaugration the Party of 6 including Ryan met to put a plan to make sure he gets only one term. I don't care what race the person is in the White House...I care about OUR nation---I think you are intelligent enough to understand that. The Black man, White man, Latino man, Mixed man standing next to me is part of that WE because WE share and live on the SAME soil and WE are all working together to make a better life for our future.....

Why would you turn the word WE into a racial thing....Obama being divisive??!!!! I truly send my love to you...Are you sitting next to your imaginary chair as your Guest speaker was Clint Eastwood...so pitiful!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:23 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
So you're saying you know no shame and never learn from your mistakes?

Why am I not surprised.

Pffffttttt.

See ya in 2013 when Romney is inaugurated.
That was really a real legitimate tape you spewed you out... wow...You are as wise as Aiken...I love you man!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections