Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 11:27 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You can't? Guess you haven't seen the movie 2016: Obama's America.

I'm thinking BO will not only lose the military majority but he's going to lose the vote of a whole lot of defense contractors and a lot of Defense Department civilian workers. If the race is tight on Election Night, and Virginia, despite all of those federal government workers in Northern Virginia, goes back to being red, you'll know.

Why do you think the Dems try to impede the overseas military vote?
How are the Dems trying to impede the overseas military vote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 06:03 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
More poeple died in AFGH. under Obama with his ROE's than under Bush. That's a FACT!
Could you please provide a link to substantiate that fact?

Old 09-03-2012, 06:55 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Every time I go to the VA Hospital to get care, and there are many times that I do, I regularly see a large number of young men and women getting quality care for their injuries. I can remember not so long ago, it was a great deal more difficult for those people to be treated for a number of issues. Yes, I thank Obama and his Admin for getting changes to start happen more rapidly for the Vets that deserve to have that care.

I agree that one promise that President Obama kept was full funding for the VA system.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Fully fund the Veterans Administration

It is one thing to have to cut back on various Federal programs to try to get the deficit under control, it is quite another to do it on the backs of those members (and ex-members) of the military who require health care for service-connected disabilities.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:34 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Of course they will mostly support R/R. Who wants to support a CiC that made them sitting ducks and got more of them killed then Bush did?

Really? so he uses drones more than any president as a means to keep them at the war but not in harms way. It was the R that brought us the war and BO is simply making it a better chance to accomplish something, other than making Cheney's stock options.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:42 AM

1,196 posts, read 838,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Could you please provide a link to substantiate that fact?
Under Obama, U.S. Casualty Rate in Afghanistan Increased 5-Fold
Under Obama, U.S. Casualty Rate in Afghanistan Increased 5-Fold | cnsnews.com

The average monthly casualty rate for U.S. military forces serving in Afghanistan has increased 5-fold since President Barack Obama was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009.

1,540 U.S. troops have been killed in Afghanistan since Oct. 7, 2001, when U.S. forces began fighting in that country to oust the Taliban regime that had been harboring al Qaeda and to track down and capture or kill al Qaeda terrorists.

During the Bush presidency, which ended on Jan. 20, 2009 with the inauguration of President Obama, U.S. troops were present in Afghanistan for 87.4 months and suffered 570 casualties—a rate of 6.5 deaths per month.

During the Obama presidency, through today, U.S. troops have been present in Afghanistan for 29.1 months and have suffered 970 casualties—a rate of 33.3 deaths per month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections