Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 04:37 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Obviously, you've never heard her speak, Roy. And you probably won't this time either...unless Beck, Rush and/or Fox edits her words and gives you a slanted recap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 04:42 PM

629 posts, read 945,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I hope so because that is just what they will be doing with this speaker who is not a politician. I bet she embarrasses them with her speech but I can already see what the media will do with whatever she does. She should have been forgotten but they still want to push us with her words. Is she really of the belief that all of us should pay for her obviously hefty desire to have sex without having to pay for the possible costs?
No, and she has never said so.

Quote:
Does she really believe that we should provide her with contraceptive devices?
No, and she has never said so.

Perhaps it will be worth her speaking, so you can hear what she actually says. Perhaps it would be worth reading what she actually has said. Life is short and these little opportunities to educate ourselves are ever-present.

The controversy about her Congressional testimony is a good picture about how paying attention to certain aspects of the media gives you a totally false view of what has happened.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:42 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
I don't know why we have to keep talking about abortion. It is legal. Get over it. End of discussion.
That's all the Democrats have to argue over. Give them a break. They cannot run on Obama's record.

Sandra Fluke (rhymes with F-ck) will be talking about birth control, of course. Elizabeth Warren will be talking about collectivism (a.k.a. "you didn't build that") and that is all they have.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:44 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I'm with you lizjo...why is it such a big part issue when running for office? No matter if one is in favor or not in favor, the President has no power to change the ruling by the Supreme Court. Mute point! Give it up!
This is true, so tell your Democrat friends.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:14 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That's all the Democrats have to argue over. Give them a break. They cannot run on Obama's record.

Sandra Fluke (rhymes with F-ck) will be talking about birth control, of course. Elizabeth Warren will be talking about collectivism (a.k.a. "you didn't build that") and that is all they have.
Q: What's the difference between a woman who requires other people to pay for her sexual activities, and a prostitute?

A: The person paying for the prostitute, gets to take part in the sexual activities.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:21 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
I'm with you lizjo...why is it such a big part issue when running for office? No matter if one is in favor or not in favor, the President has no power to change the ruling by the Supreme Court. Mute point! Give it up!
Um, you do know who gets to NOMINATE SCOTUS judges, don't you???

The next election WILL DECIDE whether abortion stays legal in the US.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:25 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Come on, Old Boy. The abortion issue is just a stalking horse. The Supreme Court settled it over 30 years ago, and the Republicans have never been able to overturn their decision ever since, even though they have tried mightily and constantly.

The issue makes a nice hot topic diversion, but it is not going to settle this election, just as it has failed to settle any of the others that have followed after the Supreme Court ruling. And, for sure, birth control will never go back to the pre-pill days, ever. Women have changed a lot since your distant childhood, and you had best get used to it. Another Supreme Court will not ever overturn it, either. Take that one to the bank, or grow ancient and die in forlorn false belief- your choice.

Furthermore, all you attitudes regarding Sandra Fluke are straight out of Rush Limbaugh's mouth. She said nothing at all about any of that stuff you tagged her with- that was all Rush, Rush, and more Rush.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:53 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Quote:
I hope so because that is just what they will be doing with this speaker who is not a politician. I bet she embarrasses them with her speech but I can already see what the media will do with whatever she does. She should have been forgotten but they still want to push us with her words. Is she really of the belief that all of us should pay for her obviously hefty desire to have sex without having to pay for the possible costs?

Old 08-31-2012, 08:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
I hope so because that is just what they will be doing with this speaker who is not a politician. I bet she embarrasses them with her speech but I can already see what the media will do with whatever she does. She should have been forgotten but they still want to push us with her words. Is she really of the belief that all of us should pay for her obviously hefty desire to have sex without having to pay for the possible costs? Does she really believe that we should provide her with contraceptive devices? Whether she does or not she is being used by the DNC next week to push their desires.

Sandra Fluke will get all kinds of good words from the media and others of the left lean. I can't wait to hear her, and am not looking forward to many others at that convention but can't afford to miss her.

Fluke? Democrats? Ridiculous!
Do I find the idea of the Dems taking a firm stand on a womans right to a choice, Yes. Especially since the Repubs have a long list of candidates, including the VP candidate, that would remove those rights, even in cases of incest and rape. Some people understand that issues are important and where candidates stand on thoses issues is the factor that should guide them in their voting.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:30 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
The President gets to nominate Supreme Court Justices. THAT makes a big difference.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 08-31-2012 at 08:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections