Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 07:22 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

All I can think of when I read such nonsense as the OP is when JoeBlowBiden said he frequented a restaurant that had been closed since the 60s, or some such thing.

Talk about a liar!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 07:29 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
We'll be the most transparent administration ever!

Will get these lobbyist out the Washington!

Do the Ryan lies ever stop!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:34 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I heard Ryan once cheated during a round of hide and seek.
Yes, a school mate said he counted to only 9 and he was suppose to count to 10 and then go seek.. probably be a big deal on MSNBC.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:36 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Stupid stupid stupid move on Ryan's part.

I want Obama out, but stupid moves like this are gonna sink the Repubs before they get started.

This lie was easily verifiable or found to be not the truth. Official records on marathon times are easy to find. And any serious runner would have known it to be a lie without even looking it up. I did.

With the mostly liberal leaning press rooting for Obama/Biden and out to villify Romney/Ryan why would he risk a bold faced lie when ANYTHING could railroad their attempts to take the Whitehouse?

I cannot fathom the idiocy of politicians. Why on earth would they tell a lie that can easily be researched? Why would they dare to say anything in public (or in private in most cases) and not assume that there are always cameras rolling and that all mikes are hot? Why would they screw around and think that eventually they wouldn't get caught?

Lie about a run time?

Freakin' idiot.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Paul Ryan recently bragged on the Hugh Hewitt show that he ran "sub three hour" marathons, before a bad back forced him to keep his jogging to "no more than 10 miles" ()

Running World magazine went "Hmmmm...", because a sub three hour marathon should WIN most races. Turns out, they were unable to find a race Ryan had run where he did better than 4 HOURS.

Oooops... Ryan was confronted with the discrepancy, and had to withdraw the brag, saying, "Oh yeah, that was my BROTHER who used to run really fast" ()

Paul Ryan Backtracks On Sub-3-Hour-Marathon Claim | TPM LiveWire

It seems Ryan has a problem telling the truth. If he'll tell bragging lies about the little things, he'll also lie about the BIG things- like everything he covered in his convention speech...
I'm starting to wonder if this guy is a pathological liar because he is lying about little, stupid things.....as well as big things.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
The two things that stick out most about R&R to me:
a) Mittens criticizes Obama's healthcare plan, but the plan he put in place in MA has a similar tax (penalty).
b) Mittens stated Obama has never worked a real job yet selects a running mate who hasn't worked in the private sector either.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Now the left is talking about how fast a guy ran......HHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SO, tell me why, the left can provide video for almost anything, except outrageous claims as this?

You lefties are so scared you are bringing up something that means nothing....but you cannot even prove it...

Someone said....lets here it out of Ryan's mouth....everything is recorded now....can you lefties find it?

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
People are talking about Ryan's lies. Lies.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:54 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Paul Ryan recently bragged on the Hugh Hewitt show that he ran "sub three hour" marathons, before a bad back forced him to keep his jogging to "no more than 10 miles" ()

Running World magazine went "Hmmmm...", because a sub three hour marathon should WIN most races. Turns out, they were unable to find a race Ryan had run where he did better than 4 HOURS.

Oooops... Ryan was confronted with the discrepancy, and had to withdraw the brag, saying, "Oh yeah, that was my BROTHER who used to run really fast" ()

Paul Ryan Backtracks On Sub-3-Hour-Marathon Claim | TPM LiveWire

It seems Ryan has a problem telling the truth. If he'll tell bragging lies about the little things, he'll also lie about the BIG things- like everything he covered in his convention speech...
Youmust make theses stupid posts just to get your post count up, as most are nonsense...

Old 09-01-2012, 07:56 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
That's called not caring what someone else thinks. You should try voting according to your principles rather than fear of being laughed at. That's what mature adults do.
So, now that you have been laughed at, who are you voting for?

Old 09-01-2012, 07:58 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
While this is a minor lie, it's fair game because he brought it up. It also chips away at his pundit-created reputation as an honest, serious fellow -- neither of which is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections