Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2012, 03:52 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times

Advertisements

That's just sad. No wonder that idiot yesterday couldnt answer Brett's question about it. He got defensive quick and started snapping at him for even asking. Then we see this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 03:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
You have just contradicted yourself. Let me see if I have this straight: I am free to practice my faith, but I am not free to bring it into the political realm? How is that freedom?

You are actually for restricting my freedom, and are sounding very intolerant!
Why do you want to bring it into the political realm?

Politics is where power is brought to bear. Laws are enacted.

If you want to pass laws that reflect your religious beliefs, then your purpose is not to freely practice your religion, it's to force others to follow your religion, whether they believe or not. How is that freedom?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:53 PM

15,083 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And now we have the Democrats agreeing on a platform that disavows the existence of God.

All the more reason we need a change.
This was the only thing missing:

Barney Frank - "Banking Queen" w/ caption - YouTube

Old 09-05-2012, 03:54 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So go practice your faith! Who cares? Just keep YOUR faith out of MY face. And that includes the government, which isn't yours exclusively. It doesn't belong to the religious fanatics, it belongs to all of us, and a lot of us don't share your belief in some unknown and unknowable entity.

Christians and their perpetual "victimhood." You won't be happy until everyone worships as you dictate. And then you have the gall to whine about freedom.
You have the freedom to be as immoral as you wish as long as you don't break any laws made by man. Fortunately we have laws that are moral that keep us from killing one another .

You have to follow the rule of law or we would have chaos. Laws are good yet there are some who want to push their immorally on us daily. There will come a day when Godless people will challenge the law to over turn the laws in place to make it a more immoral place. It is coming full force at us now. They will attack children's minds and society will become more corrupt. If the power of good which is the spirit of God were removed we would have the worst evil one can imagine.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:55 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
They do have the right to incorporate their religious beliefs into government or legislation. You cannot take out the spiritual beliefs of a person anymore than you can cut out the Communist beliefs out of obama. People's beliefs are their beliefs. Those beliefs affect their decisions. You cannot seperate them. If you hate religion or spiritual beliefs, then start your own atheist party.
If they incorporate their religious beliefs into legislation, and those laws apply to people who don't share those religious beliefs, are the people who don't share the religious beliefs really enjoying freedom of religion?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:56 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,277 times
Quoting myself with this "news flash" :

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Democrats restore references to God, Jerusalem in platform

Published September 05, 2012
FoxNews.com

Read more: Democrats restore references to God, Jerusalem in platform | Fox News

C-span is the only way to watch. You get to see and interpret what happens without commentary from the bobble-heads and without any dad-blasted commercials.

It was pretty touch and go. They took the vote to suspend the rules which passed pretty easily. They took the vote THREE times to restore references to God- sounded about 50/50 to me but the Chair called it 2/3 ayes on the third try............not sure he had that correct........

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Who is restricting your choice to practice your faith?
Who?
Oh, no one, that's right.
Sheesh, the poor persecuted christians.
Aw, I feel sorry for you; only 84% of the US is christian and we're trying to take something from you.

Got anything but a persecution complex to support your fears?
This. ^^^

Christians are constantly playing the victim card. Poor, poor babies. The whole country shuts down for their holidays, but somehow that's just not ENOUGH for them. They will not be happy until we all are down on our knees worshiping their God whether we want to or not.

And then in the next breath they whine that not being allowed to force that on the country is somehow "TAKING AWAY OUR FREEDOM!!" And they see absolutely no disconnect with the fact that their attempts to turn this country into a theocracy would take away everyone else's freedom. I'm beginning to think religion is a form of mental illness.

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
What a shame.

But it doesn't mean Democrats are "confused", it means there's some disagreement. Can any of you admit that not all Republicans agree on everything?

Some of you are just so obviously nuts. lol...

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times
Brad Panovich WCNC

Chief Meteorologist at News Channel 36 WCNC-NBC TV Major Weather & Tech Geek!

Charlotte, NC

It's a simple question.. if you had a #Panthers game, Concert or Soccer match with a 20% chance of storms would you cancel 24hrs prior?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:57 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The very dangerous thing is mistaking myths for reality, then basing political decisions on those myths...Religion mixed with politics, I think is the main reason your political system is failing.
No, the world is corrupt and always will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections