Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 07:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,365,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Congresswoman Nydia Velasquez just flat out lied and pandered.

"Mitt Romney walks with people who disrespect us, he walks with people who divide us"

And my stream cut off, I believe it was edited because she nearly said, "he walks with people who don't believe the American...(stream cut off)"
I guess they think they can move right along with FORWARD NONESENSE ONCE AGAIN, by pandering, and lying thru their teeth.

Sorry but too many of them, are just plain evil.

If anyone is disrespecting us, it is the democrats, and their utter sheer stupidity.

By the way, i love Betty White.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 07:08 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,319,301 times
Someone is getting reamed a new one for putting the pro-Israel fellow from Florid up there. That was the quietest I've ever heard liberals.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:08 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,112,923 times
It is SHAMEFUL THAT THE DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO MAKE THE UNITED STATES A GODLESS SOCIETY.

Why are they doing this?

Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,319,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Harry Reid, in his speech, completely obliterateed the tea party and Republican role in Congress these past 4 years. Shameful, worthless bunch. Excellent speech by Reid, a speech better than every speech given in the RNC last week, including that of Ryan and Romney.
Hairy Reid shouldn't be talking about anything except a freaking budget.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 PM

40,920 posts, read 48,822,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
No, because he was rich and powerful. But he also was a democrat so he was given a pass.
John Kennedy would be considered a a hard core conservative today. Notice he even mentions GOD in his speech.

Quote:
And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.

My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.

Finally, whether you are citizens of America or citizens of the world, ask of us the same high standards of strength and sacrifice which we ask of you. With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:12 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,616,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It is SHAMEFUL THAT THE DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO MAKE THE UNITED STATES A GODLESS SOCIETY.

Why are they doing this?
Well, Obama pronounced the USA as being "no longer a Christian nation", and he's a Democrat, so what's the Dem party to do but fall into line?

Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,112,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Well, Obama pronounced the USA as being "no longer a Christian nation", and he's a Democrat, so what's the Dem party to do but fall into line?
Who said anything about "Christian" nation? Jews believe in a "God". Muslims believe in a "God". Etc

Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,658,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I decided to check this out. According to a democratic party official quoted in the link below, the word God was only used once in the platform before, and then it wasn't as a direct reference to faith. However, there is an ENTIRE PLANK in the platform about the importance of faith based organizations. That's not exactly consistent with the meme some of you are trying to push that the Democratic party left faith in God (while leaving room for religious differences) out of their platform. That meme would in fact, be twisting the truth to promote yet another LIE.

"“The 2008 platform reference is ‘God-given’ and is about growing the middle class and making America fair, not actually about faith. The platform includes an entire plank on the importance of faith based organizations and the tremendous work that they do. Further, the language we use to talk about faith and religion is exactly the same vocabulary as 2008. I would also note that the platform mentions: ‘faith’ 11 times; ‘religion’ or ‘religious’ 9 times; ‘church’ 2 times (one is a quote); and, ‘clergy’ 1 time.”

Democrats Shift Language on Israel, Remove ‘God-Given’ From Platform - ABC News

Campaigns are all about holding the other side accountable--that's what we're all supposed to do. The problem is that some of you hate the Obama administration so much that you can't even attempt to be rational--you're acting like a bunch of mouth foamers. You have plenty of things to attack the democrats with, but twisting the truth and out right lying HURTS your case. There are people on the left that are no better, but this year the lying thing seems to be a far right wing epidemic. If you want the image of the R party to be LIARS, and you're well on your way, keep it up.
Gee...I really don't ''get you?''

Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 PM

29,918 posts, read 18,476,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Now the Democrats have dropped the mention of "God" from their party platform.

I guess it was inevitable, considering the increasing numbers of His teachings and ideas they oppose.

-------------------------------------

Exclusive: Democrats Drop 'God' From Party Platform

Exclusive: Democrats Drop 'God' From Party Platform

Guess what? God’s name has been removed from the Democratic National Committee platform.

This is the paragraph that was in the 2008 platform:

“We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.”

Now the words “God-given” have been removed. The paragraph has been restructured to say this:

“We gather to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth – the simple principle that in America, hard work should pay off, responsibility should be rewarded, and each one of us should be able to go as far as our talent and drive take us.”

The Brody File has calls into DNC to explain why God’s name has been dropped from the platform. Some critics will suggest that when you have planks in your platform that support abortion rights and gay marriage then it's no wonder that God's name would be dropped as well.

Given Obama's history, I am just glad that it did not INCLUDE Allah.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:17 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,259,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Just saw that moving video featuring Ted Kennedy. What Kennedy stood for, the values he held dear, the ideology that he supports is far superior than anything from the Right. Great watching that debate between Kennedy and Romney where Kennedy issued a complete beat-down of a very pathetic Romney.
I had forgotten about that debate between Kennedy and Romney. That was quite interesting and eye opener to Romney's flip-flopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections