Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Well the latest job report does not look good at all. Maybe that is why Obama delivered such a bad speech last night....he knew what would be released today.
We added jobs and continue to do so every month. Not as quickly as people would like, but it's definitely not "bad".

The Republican astroturfers are all hands on deck this morning, I notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Well the latest job report does not look good at all. Maybe that is why Obama delivered such a bad speech last night....he knew what would be released today.
30 in a row looks OK to most. I would say, if I were looking for a job, I might think about moving to a State with a Dem Gov. They seem to be adding jobs at about twice the rate of States with Repub Govs. What a strange phenomenon...

Job Growth by State | Department of Numbers

Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
I don't need statistics about food stamp recipients. In Florida, they will only hire you if you speak Spanish to do eligibility for public assistance.

Well...how did the Dems do? I just could not watch after the first night. The complete ignorance about the plight of our country, made me think this party is wearing donkey blinders.

Last edited by jasper12; 09-07-2012 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 09-07-2012, 07:15 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Priceless ! Bill has done it again ! Like Morning Joe said 40 min ago, Bill Clinton did not only knock it out of the park the other night,,the ball its still going !

Old 09-07-2012, 07:32 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Priceless ! Bill has done it again ! Like Morning Joe said 40 min ago, Bill Clinton did not only knock it out of the park the other night,,the ball its still going !
'Honey Boo Boo' and Bill Clinton's DNC Speech Tie in Ratings - Hollywood Reporter

Need I say more?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:33 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
ROFL!! .

Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,051 times
Default Last Night with Barack...

You know I like the President, but I kept falling asleep during the speech. I felt unsettled in my spirit when I saw last night's convention. I usually feel happy when I see the President speak but for some reason last night my intuition told me otherwise. It concerned me to see that some look to Barack as more than just a human, it appeared as if some looked at him as a Saviour and I do not like that. I don't believe he intends on having people view him that way, I called my friend and said it looks like some people are under a trance in his presence. She agreed.

I have seen the President twice in person and his energy in person is one of warmth and very tender and kind and genuine, but I didnt feel compelled to fall under an Obama trance. One time I was 15 feet away....

I dont know after last night, I looked at him differently. I have NEVER been a follower, it just concerns me that some may not know his cause and adore him just to be saved.

Now I am not going as far as saying I am jumping on the Romney/Ryan bandwagon, because that ticket is Mayhem, but I am proceeding with caution about Nov. 6. I am apprehensive to even say this, I know Obama will be re elected again, Last night I sensed in my heart that after his re election it will be the beginning of the end.

Romney is NOT the answer, I feel a little undecided. I don't know what happened...I was on fire for the President, but something didnt feel right to me last night...

Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 AM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,371 times
I think I saw that show before. It said "repeat" on my channel listings.

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Quote:
Since Romney's speech was beaten by the same show, that's not too bad.

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Yes, you should have also pointed out that Honey Boo Boo got higher ratings than the RNC the week they ran up against each other. If just kills some of you to give credit to Bill Clinton for a job well done, doesn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections