Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 04:56 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,164,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
How is it freedom when you enact legislation on the basis of your faith (read: not factual evidence), and then, by definition of legislation, force us all to obey?

How can I be completely free to practice my own faith, or no faith at all, if I am forced to obey laws that are based on religious principles?
What law is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think I remember hearing that the RNC had 2.5% people of color.
Yeah, well hey, the DNC sure had the RNC beat in terms of morbidly obese people of color!

Old 09-08-2012, 05:03 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
LOL! Frank Luntz e-mails me surveys all the time. You lose. I read FACTS, such as 34 Democrats voted with all of the Republicans against Obamacare. You can't refute that, so you try and distract and deflect.
So I was correct as far as his infleunce on you. Goebbels would have been willing to put this lizrard on the payroll.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:07 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Yes. Quite a few. But MSLSD didn't cover the black speakers at the RNC, so I guess you didn't see them.
Sorry your token minority speakers didn't make it to prime time, but then, it wasn't the networks who set the schedule for speakers. That would be the RNC.

Quote:
It's so funny that Progressives find Ann Coulter "hateful" because she points out their own hateful behavior. Demonic and Guilty were great books! The hypocrisy of the Left is absolutely mind-numbing.
Nah, we find her hateful because she's hateful.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:10 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Actually, I don't think Democrats "hate" as much as you claim. Most of the "hate" speech is spoken by Republicans. If you listen to Bill Clinton's speech, he talked about how people of both parties used to work together to help our country and put their political differences aside. The "I won't compromise" crap began after Obama was elected.
That is the reason nothing gets done. Its the dam Republicans. Turtle head has said it many times the last few years. ...block all progress. These fools are just hurting the country, even to the point of being Anti American. Why are these dorks from the right so afraid of Grover Norquist.anyway ? Its the Republicans who have no backbone, they are afraid of their own shadow !. All they know is to obstruct, and try to meddle into peoples private lives, all in the name of some stupid religious dogma. No Women, ether party should ever vote republican ...never ! Those that do are only hurting the majority of their sex.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sorry your token minority speakers didn't make it to prime time, but then, it wasn't the networks who set the schedule for speakers. That would be the RNC.
Oh, I'm pretty sure Condoleeza Rice was prime time. Do you consider the former Secretary of State a "token"? Or Marco Rubio? The RNC's Hispanic "token"? How about Nikki Haley? Is she the RNC's Indian "token"? Oh, but we also have Bobby Jindal who stayed in Louisiana because of the storm.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
That is the reason nothing gets done. Its the dam Republicans. Turtle head has said it many times the last few years. ...block all progress. These fools are just hurting the country, even to the point of being Anti American. Why are these dorks from the right so afraid of Grover Norquist.anyway ? Its the Republicans who have no backbone, they are afraid of their own shadow !. All they know is to obstruct, and try to meddle into peoples private lives, all in the name of some stupid religious dogma. No Women, ether party should ever vote republican ...never ! Those that do are only hurting the majority of their sex.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:33 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Lightbulb .

Quote:
Well, it hasn't helped my family. My daughter can't stay on our policy until she's 26 BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE A POLICY. We HAD health insurance up until 3 years ago when the company my husband worked for for 18 yrs. cut paying for health insurance and ultimately laid him off because it had to declare bankruptcy.
So you can relate to the folks affected by Romney's Bain.

Good for you.

Compassion and perspective are important.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
So you can relate to the folks affected by Romney's Bain.

Good for you.

Compassion and perspective are important.
Yeah, pay no attention to the 75% of the companies Bain invested in that did well and went on to expand and prosper. I'd rather bet on a person who has had a 75% success rate than President ZERO.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:42 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,638 times
Quote:
Yeah, pay no attention to the 75% of the companies Bain invested in that did well and went on to expand and prosper. I'd rather bet on a person who has had a 75% success rate than President ZERO.
Not ''Rocket Science'' is it, Smart fellow? Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections