Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Pro-Israel support removed from Dem party platform

GOOD!

The only country a party need support in its platform is America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM

272 posts, read 229,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Do you think Ted Kennedy would have opposed using the video, or his family?

I'd suggest that you may think it was in "poor taste" because it was so effective.
Nope. I saw the family doing an interview after the video and his wife seemed to enjoy it and thought it embodied her husband. I think her opinion is the only one that matters in this instance.

489 posts, read 621,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Israel is a racist, bigoted society that laughs at Americans so easily duped by the propaganda you've fallen for.

You're being played for a fool.

They want somebody fund and apologize for their land grabs and brutality of Arab peasants.

Our support of Israel profoundly hurts are standing in the World, and they don't "stand in the way" of anything.

They're cowards who steal our money, and want our soldiers to die for their thuggish behavior.
Wow....have you been watching MSNBC, much? Or,maybe you're a member of Hamas? Israel has been greatly out-thugged by the Arabs that surround them. These Muslims will blow up their women and children to try and get what they want. I am not drinking the kook-aide that you are obviously imbibing.

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
He is a 90 year old addled old man. I do not believe for a moment that he represents anyone but maybe a few nut cases who are easily swayed. Try again,and this time include a link that actually proves your points.
The Shas party holds 4 cabinet seats. Sorry. He fits right in the with the ruling Israeli government.

In any other Western Democracy he'd be shamed. In Israel, racists and bigots they thrive in politics

Old 09-04-2012, 07:12 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
The US has never recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital; the US embassy is in Tel Aviv.

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times
Default Obama Important to Dems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Makes sense...Obama is more important than God to the Democrats.

More like Obama important to special interest groups that gave him big money. I suspect Obama & Romney would not be favored candidates if public could choose. Of course some just vote by party , so any Dem or Rep will do.

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
This man was incredible in his speech.
OMG, I have to get a transcript of that speech. I was fist pumping in the air, clapping, hooting, jumping up... and it's just me and my dogs here

Old 09-04-2012, 07:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
I'm just flabbergasted that the Democrat Party would air a video of a disgraced politician like Ted Kennedy. Mary Jo Kopechne is looking down in disgust.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Do you do this for attention?

Your insistence on repeating what is clearly INCORRECT is bizarre. If someone invited you to the rehearsal dinner of a wedding scheduled for the following day...would you insist that the couple was already married? Seriously, what is with you?

CHARLOTTE, N.C. The business of the Democratic National Convention begins Tuesday in Time Warner Cable Arena with first lady Michelle Obama praising her husband’s accomplishments.
Democratic convention starts today; attention turns to Time Warner Cable Arena | CharlotteObserver.com
Your source is the Charlotte Observor?

My source is the official Democratic Party Convention website - and it states that the convention began on Monday.

Game, set, match - Harrier.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
I have no problem with this.

People can be religious, if they choose, without government being involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections