Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 07:33 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Teddy Kennedy came back from the DEAD to reprise his stomping of Mitt the Twit in the '94 senatorial debate!:

At DNC, Ted Kennedy Haunts Mitt Romney From The Grave | TPM2012

"I'm pro-choice. My opponent Romney is multiple choice"

True then, and truer now!!!

Poor Romney, he must feel like Ebinezer Scrooge! I'll bet he pulls the sheets up over his head tonight!

Are we talking about the same drunk, sex crazed Ted Kennedy who left the woman dead in the car?

The only thing that would bring Ted Kennedy's ghost back to earth would be if there was no Scotch in hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 07:33 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
His opinion is an informed one.
LOL. Well, aren't you the authority on who is informed and who isn't.

We support Israel so Israel will do our dirty work for us.

How much more succinct do I need to be?

If you don't see that as something necessary to this country's interests - then you and I disagree about middle eastern policy.

That's my opinion.

And now you have been informed.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:34 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
not hardly, it was in poor taste as far as I am concerned.

As well as an old message from a drunk that drove a girl off a bridge into the water in his own car and left here there while he lawyerd up.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:35 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Wow!

I think this is the first time I've ever seen, or at least heard, President Obama's sister!

Awesome!

And say what you will about Rahm Emanuel - I thought his speech was great!

Old 09-04-2012, 07:37 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,688 times
lol wow. Go get your foil hat.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It's in poor taste because Ted Kennedy killed a woman and all he cared about was what effect it was going to have on his political career.

Why on earth would I be surprised that the people in the convention cheered.
That's strictly YOUR OPINION. The courts and obviously many, many others disagree with you. What I think is disgusting is the continued "use" by the right wingers and Kennedy haters of a 20-something year old dead girl for political purposes. If her parents didn't see fit to pursue the cause of her death via civil litigation, then I don't see where you all seem to think that you have the right to tarnish HER MEMORY with your use of her death as a political bludgeon all these years later.

You can only wish that your life will be as full of the positive accomplishments as Kennedy achieved. I guess that why you have to take such a low road and use Kopechnie over and over....you have no hope of such and probably little "class."

Old 09-04-2012, 07:38 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,164,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Are we talking about the same drunk, sex crazed Ted Kennedy who left the woman dead in the car?

The only thing that would bring Ted Kennedy's ghost back to earth would be if there was no Scotch in hell.
Now ^^^^^^ that's funny!

I was at Chappaquiddick the year after Kennedy killed Mary Jo. Some local had carved Ted & Mary into the tiny, rickety wood bridge that crossed a small creek before leading to an unguarded beach. The story was that they were heading back to the ferry. You had to make a 45 degree backwards right hand turn to get onto that dirt road. No way was it a "wrong turn".

Old 09-04-2012, 07:39 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
Well, the speaker before Rahm Emmanuel tonight did directly quote a verse from The Holy Bible.

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
You would think ol Teddy would mix in an apology for killing that girl back in the day...... keep it classy Edward

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The speakers are exceptional and compelling, far more convincing than the idiotic fluff speakers of the RNC. Pubs, you are getting killed by these examples of the superior ideology on the Left.
Yes!

I just got home and turned it on during Emanuel's speech so I missed everybody leading up to that, but so far, I'm hearing nothing but positivity and enthusiasm - so unlike Christie's "me-me-me" speech.

Wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections